TForce | Teamsters fight TForce Freight truck slowdowns

If you don't want to spend so much time at work why do you pick such a long run? Asking for some semi-friends. :smile new:
Something got lost in communication there, no problem with a long run but my time is valuable why make it longer? I guess you could set the cruise at 55 if you really wanted to burn up your Clock.

Y'all are missing what the grievance is about. Our annual pittance of a wage increase per mile was 0.0025 cents a mile.

At 68mph, that means a wage increase of 17 cents per hour.

By reducing our speed 3 miles per hour, if we were able to run flat out, you just took away my measly 17 cents per hour and an additional $2.02 per hour. If you have a nice big run, you're looking at $20 plus per day.

And that doesn't count the fact that now you're stuck with all the other 62-65mph traffic that slows you down further. Unless you are that a-hole that sits side by side with another truck for 25 miles on a 2 lane road. Now we're going even slower.

i think the argument is weak on both sides:

68 to 65 is generally not going to make jack a difference UNLESS you have a dedicated 000 route that IS NOT a niteliner, and especially if it's a niteliner it won't make ANY DIFFERENCE....., but even on the dedicated routes 3 mph isn't going to make much, if any a difference. Sometimes it takes me 20 mins to find and hook up my set, sometime is takes 90 mins, and sometimes it's already hooked up.

Alain's position: "Well, everyone else is doing it, so we should do it too......"
What about the states that have a 70mph speed limit?

Now, if they wanted to go from 65 to 55, THEN we might have an actual problem....

So, this is really a non-issue and i think we should just leave it at 68.

Who cares how long it takes you to hook up, pre-trip, find your paperwork, etc.... That's on the clock, not on your mileage clock.

TForce has violated our wage agreement by slowing us down. That's the arguement. If they compensate our agreed upon wages, I don't care if we do 55mph. Fact is, we are getting paid less.

Y'all are missing what the grievance is about. Our annual pittance of a wage increase per mile was 0.0025 cents a mile.

At 68mph, that means a wage increase of 17 cents per hour.

By reducing our speed 3 miles per hour, if we were able to run flat out, you just took away my measly 17 cents per hour and an additional $2.02 per hour. If you have a nice big run, you're looking at $20 plus per day.

And that doesn't count the fact that now you're stuck with all the other 62-65mph traffic that slows you down further. Unless you are that a-hole that sits side by side with another truck for 25 miles on a 2 lane road. Now we're going even slower.

Who cares how long it takes you to hook up, pre-trip, find your paperwork, etc.... That's on the clock, not on your mileage clock.

TForce has violated our wage agreement by slowing us down. That's the arguement. If they compensate our agreed upon wages, I don't care if we do 55mph. Fact is, we are getting paid less.
You stated it very well.

Way better than I can. I only see that it takes longer to get to delivery and it costs more money with more time and less miles each week. Our solution was a husband wife team. Even that was not profitable. So we stopped trucking and went home to do something else which happens to be home health.

They are paying certain nurses 160 dollars a hour to travel to homes and take care of people there. We are earning 15 and up per hour regardless of 40 hours and throw in time and half overtime each week.

This is a happy time right now economically. However that employer has not yet mandated vaxes. The State house just passed a bill from Senate to House to protect us with unemployment should employer demand us to vax or no job. Unemployment will be extremely proftiable at that point.

We talked it out and will quit the moment they require a vax shot. Our health will not be bullied or compromised to keep them happy. They are just not worth the risk.

Trucking will just have to deal with what they have built since deregulation. Shortage of drivers and especially shortage of good wages for that particular situation 70+ hours a week. We will need to see the old 1934 ICC rule against overtime repealed before the industry will see very good wages.

Finally but not last. There is a company in texas paying a flat 14000 a week to commercial drivers. Thats quite enough to erase any hint of shortages for them and their freight.

Finally but not last. There is a company in texas paying a flat 14000 a week to commercial drivers. Thats quite enough to erase any hint of shortages for them and their freight.

For owner operators, that's not that good of a rate especially for oil field work and tearing your truck up. Once you figure in fuel, maintanice and insurance and taxes it isn't much at all/

You hit the nail on the head. Visitor here. I had a 530 meet when we were 65 mph & after we went to 68. Had an older Volvo that ran 66 then 69+. Easily saved 15 minutes each way. Based in a 65mph state, when I caught sight of a truck ahead, my odds were good I would catch & pass. Four wheelers didn’t seem to mind as much either as I’d pass 6 or 8 “good buddies” lined up at 64/5.

PS: Anyone else notice it’s YRC guys saying speed doesn’t matter? Try it & you’ll buy it fellas.

Welcome aboard to the slugs crew. Just wait till you get them shiny new automatics with the 2.60 rear gear. It is no wonder why this industry is losing veterans and not retaining new blood.

Welcome aboard to the slugs crew. Just wait till you get them shiny new automatics with the 2.60 rear gear. It is no wonder why this industry is losing veterans and not retaining new blood.
Thje 2.60 were bad.

You should have seen some of the tall transmissions on anemic cummins back in the day. Hit a tiny slope of anything and down shift 4 gears.

But did you have a tailwind ? And did you have newer high flow air mirrors and did you have the new smoother low resisted rolling tires on ? Kinda like the country song goes faster horses !! Giddy Up & Go !!
243802854_4495224687226495_4841626039200963510_n.jpg
Infected tire tits? STD with out the pubic hair? Condom for an elephant? Come on people. I really am struggling here. von.

I think this is more about cooperation than speed. TFI refused to rescind its unilateral action, and refused to bargain.
That might be the real issue here.

You hit the nail on the head. Visitor here. I had a 530 meet when we were 65 mph & after we went to 68. Had an older Volvo that ran 66 then 69+. Easily saved 15 minutes each way. Based in a 65mph state, when I caught sight of a truck ahead, my odds were good I would catch & pass. Four wheelers didn’t seem to mind as much either as I’d pass 6 or 8 “good buddies” lined up at 64/5.

PS: Anyone else notice it’s YRC guys saying speed doesn’t matter? Try it & you’ll buy it fellas.
I've seen the same 68...70....75 mph trucks pass my 63 mph truck several times every night. What makes my 63 mph truck fast is keeping the driver side door closed. Sure it would be nice to have some more speed..... but in the right lane being in the way of everything and I mean everyone I have no anxiety to pass and be the leader of the pack. I do get the job done.

It took me a while to think like this...

Last edited:
I've seen the same 68...70....75 mph trucks pass my 63 mph truck several times every night. What makes my 63 mph truck fast is keeping the driver side door closed. Sure it would be nice to have some more speed..... but in the right lane being in the way of everything and I mean everyone I have no anxiety to pass and be the leader of the pack. I do get the job done.

I have no problem doing 63 as long as I have a couple of long downhill sections where I can let it all hang out. :bananapartyhat:

Finally someone says it.

I had a 74 mph UPS feeder pulling a single pup pass me four times on my return leg (309 miles) last night. I told him on the CB, damn shame you can't keep that driver door closed or you'd be making real good time! Of course he didn't have a CB.

Finally someone says it.

I had a 74 mph UPS feeder pulling a single pup pass me four times on my return leg (309 miles) last night. I told him on the CB, damn shame you can't keep that driver door closed or you'd be making real good time! Of course he didn't have a CB.
I thought that was what brakes were for, to stop and socialize.