Yellow | Teamsters Outraged By Less Than Truckload Company Shuttering Its Doors Unannounced

How many ltl's did you NOT, work for? Wong and I are curious....

Well, I'll give you those I did work for. Off the top of my head, (I may have forgotten a couple)...

In alphabetical order, P&D and road, casual and seniority ...

ABF
Carolina
Consolidated Freightways
Cooper-Jarrett
ConWay Eastern Express (Teamster, former Penn Yan)
Eastern Freightways
Holmes
Maislin
New Penn
PIE
Pilot
Port Motor Lines
Roadway
St. Johnsbury
Schuster
Two Guys/Leeds Fox
UPS
Walsh
Yellow

Another job you put out of buisness !:lmao: I worked 10 really good years at Ryder Then Ryder/ PIE then PIE Nationwide and then Triplex made the list and I had to leave and work for Roadway. Then little did I know Triplex worked at Yellow and I had to quickly retire because I know what's coming! :lmao::grouphug:.Now, because of Triplex putting all of these companies out of buisness all I can drive now are my Winross toy trucks!:tr10driving03::guiness:

What can I say, that's my lot in life. Even my photo-ID shows that...

Joe+Btfsplk.jpg

Well, I'll give you those I did work for. Off the top of my head, (I may have forgotten a couple)...

ABF
Carolina
Consolidated Freightways
Cooper-Jarrett
Eastern Freightways
Holmes
Maislin
New Penn
PIE
Pilot
Port Motor Lines
Roadway
St. Johnsbury
Schuster
Two Guys/Leeds Fox
UPS
Walsh
Yellow
I like the last one your list " Yellow" , it will happen ,just a matter of time till the sheep stand up & grow a set and vote No

I worked there as a casual in 1982. P-I-E let me go before I got my 30 days in. Best thing I never planned.
I was also working at Roadway as a casual at the same time. I would of gone with the first one that put me on full time.
Turns out is was Roadway. Retired from the Big R twenty seven years later.

ABF
Carolina
Consolidated Freightways
Cooper-Jarrett
Eastern Freightways
Holmes
Maislin
New Penn
PIE
Pilot
Port Motor Lines
Roadway
St. Johnsbury
Schuster
Two Guys/Leeds Fox
UPS
Walsh
Yellow
This company I have been with the last 13 years, everything has been kind of blurred? You know?

ABF
Carolina
Consolidated Freightways
Cooper-Jarrett
Eastern Freightways
Holmes
Maislin
New Penn
PIE
Pilot
Port Motor Lines
Roadway
St. Johnsbury
Schuster
Two Guys/Leeds Fox
UPS
Walsh
Yellow
Did you get fired a lot????

Never. Just couldn't make up my mind where I wanted to work (or what I wanted to be) when I grew up.

A condition I still suffer with unfortunately! :smile new:
Not being able to find your truck in the yard doesn't count, Trip. :poke:

Joking aside, that's a LONG list! Is your left knee still original? You've covered a lot of miles and driven trucks they only drag out for show and shine these days.

Perhaps the most important question is what possesses you to keep driving? Most people would've retired a long time ago.

Not being able to find your truck in the yard doesn't count, Trip. :poke:

Joking aside, that's a LONG list! Is your left knee still original? You've covered a lot of miles and driven trucks they only drag out for show and shine these days.

Perhaps the most important question is what possesses you to keep driving? Most people would've retired a long time ago.
I have had the honor to know and work with Triplex for many years. I know that I am not a broken down Teamster dinosaur yet. I put in 391/2 years in the Teamsters and I thank God everyday that He kept me safe while working and keeps me in good health to this day. You ask why does Triplex still keeps driving? I think he is just a guy who really enjoys what he is doing, just like I did. We had a lot of fun and good times working for a lot of years. I only retired early because it made financial sense for me when this YRC fiasco took place. So what I'm trying to say is some of us "old timers" I'm pretty young yet, actually enjoyed and had a good time on the street everyday and I would not change a thing about those 391/2 years I put in. I am proud to call myself a retired teamster who worked when men knew what it meant to be a "TEAMSTER.":guiness:

That was fast. I just saw a Lakeville guy on Thursday. Maybe we'll hire their executives, They sound like jim and Jamie's kind of guys.

I have had the honor to know and work with Triplex for many years. I know that I am not a broken down Teamster dinosaur yet. I put in 391/2 years in the Teamsters and I thank God everyday that He kept me safe while working and keeps me in good health to this day. You ask why does Triplex still keeps driving? I think he is just a guy who really enjoys what he is doing, just like I did. We had a lot of fun and good times working for a lot of years. I only retired early because it made financial sense for me when this YRC fiasco took place. So what I'm trying to say is some of us "old timers" I'm pretty young yet, actually enjoyed and had a good time on the street everyday and I would not change a thing about those 391/2 years I put in. I am proud to call myself a retired teamster who worked when men knew what it meant to be a "TEAMSTER.":guiness:
Well spoken sir. I have tons of respect for you older guys and you have every right to be proud.