Yellow | Teamsters Outraged By Less Than Truckload Company Shuttering Its Doors Unannounced

This is a violation of the warn act. If there are 100+ employees effected.

Uee9VS6.jpg

I started in trucking in 1973, and retired in 2009. Thirty-five years as a Teamster. Seems to me I caught the end of an era.
Good paying jobs without a college education. The era is dying Imo. Manufacturing jobs, the same.

Yeah, and this "next big thing" never materializes for new jobs. Abundant good jobs in computers never happened. Neither will the green jobs.

Yeah, and this "next big thing" never materializes for new jobs. Abundant good jobs in computers never happened. Neither will the green jobs.
Plenty of green jobs. They're just all in China where they mine the ::shit:: out of the ground and make solar panels out of it. We could do it here, but the companies paying China to build it all are run by people who don't want it here, because they don't want to see it.

Same with the computer jobs. All in India or China.

I started in trucking in 1973, and retired in 2009. Thirty-five years as a Teamster. Seems to me I caught the end of an era.
Good paying jobs without a college education. The era is dying Imo. Manufacturing jobs, the same.
You caught the end way back. I understand what you mean. I was at a time to be in a good place the first 15 years. The last 15 have been nothing but BS. You stay so long and you are stuck. Age. And insurance. Certainly not the atmosphere! Or the pay.
It was a premium job when I was hired. And that was long after you started in 73.
Both of my sons make more than I and just high school education.
Jobs are out there. It all depends on what part of the country your in. And how hard you want to work.
Look at what a college education gets you. A supervisor job at a trucking company.
Ha. Rather push bricks in a wheelbarrow.

By the way. Just because they are outraged by the shuttering of this company it's too little too late. Officials knew what they were doing and it seems they just let it happen. I may be wrong.

Last edited:
You caught the end way back. I understand what you mean. I was at a time to be in a good place the first 15 years. The last 15 have been nothing but BS. You stay so long and you are stuck. Age. And insurance. Certainly not the atmosphere! Or the pay.
It was a premium job when I was hired. And that was long after you started in 73.
Jobs are out there. It all depends on what part of the country your in. And how hard you want to work.
Look at what a college education gets you. A supervisor job at a trucking company.

By the way. Just because they are outraged by the shuttering of this company it's too little too late. Officials knew what they were doing and it seems they just let it happen. I may be wrong.
I left the USMC in 1973 and returned to southeastern Michigan. First thing I did was apply at all the automotive plants. Thankfully none of them hired me or I would of spent 36 years working on the assembly line.
What I should of said in my original post, is high paying or decent jobs for someone with a high school education or less, are disappearing. Good paying unionized manufacturing jobs are headed south of the border, and you have first hand experience with what is happening to unionized LTL trucking.
My dad with a tenth grade education, raised four kids decently in the suburbs of Detroit during the fifties and sixties. Oh and, LET'S GO BLUE!!!

Last edited:
NO surprise there. Check there website for pricing, 0-250 flat rate 50.00, 251-5000 flat rate 125.00. Not staying in business with those rates.

Maybe it's some backroom deal, like central transport was. I know this company mainly used owner operators for linehaul. Sort of a red flag right there. Did they run all the union shops out, or just the Minnesota ones? Last I knew, they had barns in wisconsin and Iowa as well.

Maybe it's some backroom deal, like central transport was. I know this company mainly used owner operators for linehaul. Sort of a red flag right there. Did they run all the union shops out, or just the Minnesota ones? Last I knew, they had barns in wisconsin and Iowa as well.

LvuAIi4.jpg

Maybe a back room deal like this,BB. It's all about paying less money and benefits to drivers...

I left the USMC in 1973 and returned to southeastern Michigan. First thing I did was apply at all the automotive plants. Thankfully none of them hired me or I would of spent 36 years working on the assembly line.
What I should of said in my original post, is high paying or decent jobs for someone with a high school education or less, are disappearing. Good paying unionized manufacturing jobs are headed south of the border, and you have first hand experience with what is happening to unionized LTL trucking.
My dad with a tenth grade education, raised four kids decently in the suburbs of Detroit during the fifties and sixties. Oh and, LET'S GO BLUE!!!
I was born and raised in Detroit. My dad retired from Chrysler stamping plant in Warren. My oldest brother worked at dodge for a few years until it his alcoholism caught up with him. And many people there. I worked for suppliers in the summers but was gone by the time I turned 14. Always went back for work in the summers. My dad bought some land in mid Michigan and this city boy was plunked in the middle of farmville. For the best now that I look back. But I lived there at the end of its heyday. 60's. Have not and will not go back. I have memories. Tiger Stadium. Gone.
Anyway. I left Michigan with a wife and four year old child. There was and is nothing there. Beautiful state. No work. Lived here longer than Michigan but it's still home.
Had a good job here until MOU. Detroit repeating itself to some. Ha.

I
I was born and raised in Detroit. My dad retired from Chrysler stamping plant in Warren. My oldest brother worked at dodge for a few years until it his alcoholism caught up with him. And many people there. I worked for suppliers in the summers but was gone by the time I turned 14. Always went back for work in the summers. My dad bought some land in mid Michigan and this city boy was plunked in the middle of farmville. For the best now that I look back. But I lived there at the end of its heyday. 60's. Have not and will not go back. I have memories. Tiger Stadium. Gone.
Anyway. I left Michigan with a wife and four year old child. There was and is nothing there. Beautiful state. No work. Lived here longer than Michigan but it's still home.
Had a good job here until MOU. Detroit repeating itself to some. Ha.
Mud ,
I have to ask you this.Every one has an opinion.American Coney or Lafayette Coney.Every Detroit michiganite has a favorite.

True, I was mainly referris to the shady way CT went from a full union carrier to a non union carrier with a few small spinoff's that are union.
I left southeastern Michigan in 1981. My first truck driving job had me working on CT's Romulus dock when it was owned by Associated Transport. That was in 1973. When I left Michigan in 1981 Central Transport was a strong Teamster carrier of Teamsters Local 299. Just months later I would read in Transport Topic's that Central Transport was now a nonunion carrier.

Mud You've never been down Lafayette or Michigan ave.How about a tigers game or red wings game.
The one and only Tigers game I saw at the stadium was around the time it was still Brigs Stadium. My dad took my brother and me to watch a double header against the Indians. It was a father and son game that my dad's employer Michigan Bell supported.
I remember a father and son Lion's football game we were going to see that was canceled because of the JFK assassination.
I went into the USMC right after high school graduation in 1969. I came back to southeastern Michigan in 1973. At the time I actually lived in Detroit for a while. My brother and I rented a house on Faust, right across the street from Mercy College.
I had a girl friend back then who I would take to watch the Redwings play at Olympia Stadium on Grand River Ave. Neither of us had any understanding of hockey but the games were just fun to watch, especially on 10 cent beer night.
Then, let's talk about Pontiac Stadium. Another girlfriend and I watched many concerts there, along with concerts at Cobo Hall. Most memorable was when Elvis Presley play at Pontiac Stadium on New Years Eve. I wore my new baby blue leisure suit for that one. That Elvis concert was memorable. A couple of years later the same lady and I saw one of his last concerts at Olympia Stadium.
I eventually left southeastern Michigan in 1981 and moved to New Mexico.