Estes | Tell the truth, How do you really feel about ESTES?

INTOTHENOW

TB Lurker
Credits
Well if you have been on here lately, I am sure you have all seen my negative remarks lately, but like I said before up about 2 years ago I would have said,

THE BEST DAM COMPANY I COULD EVER WORK FOR!!!!!!!!!!!!

But these last 2 years have been rough on my neighborhood, and now it is the worst job I have ever had now.
Not Money wise, but work wise it sucks now!!!!!!!
Come on there is alot of you that see this stuff, don't be scared post, vent on here, thats what post are for.

I wouldn't say it was the worse job but it has gone downhill in the last year, start time instead of a dedicated area (as where needed) no more posting of runs the TM decides who gets it, I can deal with 9 hrs at straight time but to work 11-12 pisses me off and it coming back get an empty to go get a solid also lack of dock workers so we need you to hurry back with the load,so in a nut shell it's just a job give me my paperwork and leave me alone don't ask me for any extra cause it ain't happening

Don't feel bad its happening at my dirt bag company too, same as you said 2 years ago I was laughing and giggling tryin to figure out what to buy next, know I'm cutting cost and trying convince myself what I don't need.

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and blame everything on the economy. Just keep me in the south!!!!
025_1-2.gif

honestly, i love the job. i come from food service, so driving around on a forklift and driving linehaul/hub is definitely ok with me. As far as the company, I think most things were coincidental with me. I started in october, after about 3 weeks all the benefits were cut. couple weeks later the hub news comes out. couple weeks later the news that there may not be enough runs to cover all the drivers comes out. so i have been here 3 months with nothing but bad news. And i started thinking everything was organized and figured out. I was wrong. I come from a union shop for a large company that completely had all their ducks in a row every time a small decision was made, and that is definitely not like Estes.

I am not sure about the decisions being made either. for example, out of des moines i run a chicago meet. iowa city is serviced out of quad cities. we need to send iowa city stuff (about an hour and a half away from dmo) to chicago so they can send it back to the quad cities. This is a 2 day ship. I meet my chicago driver in davenport, ia about 4 miles from the quad cities terminal. why would i not meet the driver at the quad cities terminal and now we have a 1 day service for all eastern iowa. we can ship to Fargo, ND in 1 day, but not iowa city. I am not saying I could run everything better, but little things like this don't make much sense to me.

i also wish people weren't so tight lipped about the hub stuff. the terminal manager expressed she knows a little about what is going on, but was not at liberty to say anything. It sounds fine and dandy, but I have 3 kids to feed, a wife that doesn't work, and an opportunity to return to my previous company if i have to. I would love to stay, but I have to think of my family. And I don't want to believe that they don't care.

its been 6 months for me , first was full time then cut to part time dock this co is a big joke all there eggs in one basket they spend alot of time wating for yrc to fold thats all i hear about... getting out soon i hope

well been almost nine for me, and i always thought it was great. till 2 years ago then we changed TM's and i learned they dont care who runs the place, as long as the paperwork is done. then i learned they dont care about growing as long as the yard is making money. and they dont care how bad a driver or screwup you are as long as you showup for work so whats the real reason for being open if you dont care , to grow or how your company does or if your people are happy and if you have a good crew was'nt looking before but i dam sure am now

Worked out of 053 for over 9 yrs...every meeting with the regional boss(wayne) was negative.He would say things like this is the worst sc in the company,im going to open the flood gates and hire more drivers,im going to peel this bi*ch like a banana,and last but not least...this sc is a festering boil on my as$.This realy sent us out on the street with a good attitude!

No just crazy at the big E. Its crazy the changes made. Its crazy at the drop of a hat peoples lives are changed

I am not real happy with the fact that, in shop, we get reamed for going 1 minute over 40 hours, are still expected to get 45 hours worth of work done. We are forbidden from working the dock or doing some driving for some extra hours when the dock is allowed up to 55 hours, city drivers are complaining that they are out to long, and hub drivers are pulling an extra day. Its not like we get time and a half after 40 anyway. Our medical benefits are still exhalent pay is good but I have made less each year for the last 3. Ever since Mr. Robby passed the idea of personnel and moral has taken a back seat to a billon dollars in revenue and 10 cent on the dollar profit a year. It was bad enough when they cut us from minimum 45 and max 60 hours to max 55, then 45, then 40, and they changed our cost of living raise to a performance raise. Then after that they cutout, everyone’s raises, the 401k, a weeks pay (2 paid holidays, and 3 paid personal days) and I’m sure I’m not the only one that noticed that our cost per week for our benefits went up this year.

I wouldn't say it was the worse job but it has gone downhill in the last year, start time instead of a dedicated area (as where needed) no more posting of runs the TM decides who gets it, I can deal with 9 hrs at straight time but to work 11-12 pisses me off and it coming back get an empty to go get a solid also lack of dock workers so we need you to hurry back with the load,so in a nut shell it's just a job give me my paperwork and leave me alone don't ask me for any extra cause it ain't happening

You guys don't get overtime after 8 hours? overtime after 40? WTF!!!

And I'll guess you have a paycut added

Mildew, there is always a paycut associated with anything that benefits the employee, for instance we used to get points for saftey and performance, in less than 1.5 years I got enough points for this $1800 laptop I'm writing this on, plus a forman grill worth over $100 and a wall clock, now we get quarterly bonus, $500 per quarter, 1st Q i got $300 2nd Q I got $400 of that 50% came out in taxes, as they lump it in with our regular case pay if I stay on track my bonus will be less than what I could have got in merchandise with my points, way less when you consider how much this worthless gov. takes out of what I earned.

Point is if there is a benefit for the worker, there will always be a cost to that worker like you pointed out, this is just another view from another outfit, I am still grateful to get whatever i get, I just wish I got it at my current tax rate.