Estes | Tell the truth, How do you really feel about ESTES?

Mildew, there is always a paycut associated with anything that benefits the employee, for instance we used to get points for saftey and performance, in less than 1.5 years I got enough points for this $1800 laptop I'm writing this on, plus a forman grill worth over $100 and a wall clock, now we get quarterly bonus, $500 per quarter, 1st Q i got $300 2nd Q I got $400 of that 50% came out in taxes, as they lump it in with our regular case pay if I stay on track my bonus will be less than what I could have got in merchandise with my points, way less when you consider how much this worthless gov. takes out of what I earned.

Point is if there is a benefit for the worker, there will always be a cost to that worker like you pointed out, this is just another view from another outfit, I am still grateful to get whatever i get, I just wish I got it at my current tax rate.

I hear ya GT. These numb nutz come on this forum and ask questions they already know the answer to. I get asked that question on the road a lot as well. They say, "I just don't see how you could work for a company that don't pay overtime after 8." knowing darn well if they are running the road, they don't see anything after 8 hours and the ones that work local seldom see more than 8 hours. Even if they do see more than 8, unless they work for Ups they can calculate their top wage and subtract the paycut percentage and find out who's really the ones getting bent over the fifth wheel.

I hear ya GT. These numb nutz come on this forum and ask questions they already know the answer to. I get asked that question on the road a lot as well. They say, "I just don't see how you could work for a company that don't pay overtime after 8." knowing darn well if they are running the road, they don't see anything after 8 hours and the ones that work local seldom see more than 8 hours. Even if they do see more than 8, unless they work for Ups they can calculate their top wage and subtract the paycut percentage and find out who's really the ones getting bent over the fifth wheel.

I know, I'm sure rad means well, but hey what are your supposed to do?Leave and hire on with fredex and go to the bottom just to get OT after 8? Some people are comfortable where they are at, like me, I need to move back home to take care of my parents,I would rather stay with PFG than go to another company, we are way behind in pay, but heck I like it here and am comfortable.

I know, I'm sure rad means well, but hey what are your supposed to do?Leave and hire on with fredex and go to the bottom just to get OT after 8? Some people are comfortable where they are at, like me, I need to move back home to take care of my parents,I would rather stay with PFG than go to another company, we are way behind in pay, but heck I like it here and am comfortable.

Being happy is all that matters. As you may have noticed. Many members at our outfit were very happy until the last year and a half or so. It's not because of the extra money we don't see after 8 (everyone knows what happens if they did pay it) It's mostly because of the way they've been jerking seniority around. The money is good here. I don't believe any road drivers at top pay in the southeast see less than $65k most make over $70k. I know it's not a get rich pay but we show up for work and just drive. No unloading, no writting down directions, no phone calls, no satellite on top of our trucks, etc. The only problem I have is being gone from my family. My wife doesn't seem to mind:biglaugh: but I want to be with my kids through the week to help them with their activities and homework. I've been trying to land this job near the house for a while now. If I get hired I won't be driving trucks anymore. I know rad probably meant no harm, he just caught me at my pms cycle yesterday.:ranting: It's a new day and I'm better now. Take care!

Being happy is all that matters. As you may have noticed. Many members at our outfit were very happy until the last year and a half or so. It's not because of the extra money we don't see after 8 (everyone knows what happens if they did pay it) It's mostly because of the way they've been jerking seniority around. The money is good here. I don't believe any road drivers at top pay in the southeast see less than $65k most make over $70k. I know it's not a get rich pay but we show up for work and just drive. No unloading, no writting down directions, no phone calls, no satellite on top of our trucks, etc. The only problem I have is being gone from my family. My wife doesn't seem to mind:biglaugh: but I want to be with my kids through the week to help them with their activities and homework. I've been trying to land this job near the house for a while now. If I get hired I won't be driving trucks anymore. I know rad probably meant no harm, he just caught me at my pms cycle yesterday.:ranting: It's a new day and I'm better now. Take care!

No worries, thanks