Estes | Terminal Renovations

Estands4evil

TB Lurker
Credits
Is your barn or any barn you run through, making or has recently made any improvements or renovations? As I've stated before, here @ 024 HAR we added some new generators, fixed some/all the bunk rooms. As well as a few other odds and ends. Are we finally getting around to making some necessary repairs, or is something bigger happening?

Aright then! yes it is bigger and more shiney than the last one, so yea us, we got a upgrade! lol

As long as you don't lease it back to the garbage company, then it qualifies. Although, if you do keep it on the property and outfit it with some useless but expensive EnergyStar upgrade you may qualify for a tax break.

As long as you don't lease it back to the garbage company, then it qualifies. Although, if you do keep it on the property and outfit it with some useless but expensive EnergyStar upgrade you may qualify for a tax break.

:biglaugh:Hmmmm, well I'm gonna have to do some checking on this deal now.

You know how we are on those lease back deals...:hide:
Dang were is the mute botton on this keyboard?

Contract is on the desk. Will update tomorrow.Couldn't get the tax break though, made too much money.

EF Hutton to the rescue!

Contract is on the desk. Will update tomorrow.Couldn't get the tax break though, made too much money.

Easy fix........just sell off some stock that's lost a tremendous amount of value and claim it under the Capital Gains/Loss exemption. Now, if only I could provide a tip on a good stock to sell..........hmmm.........AIG?

Is Rob making some kind of deal with Zollars to take over YRC? While other companys are struggling, Estes has opened the check book. What gives here?

Is Rob making some kind of deal with Zollars to take over YRC? While other companys are struggling, Estes has opened the check book. What gives here?

That would be like paying $10,000 for a used porta potty. I don't think that will happen unless the creditors have agreed to cut them some slack if we were to buy them.

plus the whole public company and private company that would be a headache

I doubt Rob would buy that kind of debt. In this economy, the equipment is worthless, the property is worthless, and obviously by the loss reports, the accounts are worthless, when not managed properly. The GI acquisition was rough, just to get territory, there is NO way he will buy that kind of headache for freight.... Aint happening... :Flame-On: Not to mention the "U" word..:ShakeHandsNah:

So Rob is gearing up to take over the top dog spot when YRC does succumb. I still get bits and peices of what Estes is planning, but I really believe Rob is in attack mode and is going to come out on top in the end.

I'm sure the terminals he bought are strategically perfect if something does happen to YRC. If they crash and burn, all he has to do is sit back and cherry pick the best accounts. The sales staff won't have to search them out, they will come to us.... They already are at this point. We've gotten a few YRC gems at my barn lately. A six trailer drop and swap a day, which requires ONE driver to make it happen. The Estes attitude appreciates something like this, where as YRC could give a ::shit:: less..

I don't know what's going on but were pulling trailers from Covenant now. Too much work not enough trailers maybe. I thought we had plenty of extra trailers. Where did they all go? Maybe Rob is setting them up in all the new locations he just bought. I think he's trying to stay humble but it's hard to hide all that money.