TForce | Terminals would be central to any TFI acquisition of ArcBest, M&A expert says

I’m going to watch and wait. My guess is that Bedard makes a move for ArcBest sometime at the end of the fourth quarter or into the first quarter of 2024.

I did. Don’t make assumptions. While the article says it’s not likely for various reasons, it’s not out of the question.The fact is ArcBest is a good fit for TFI as the author of the article notes at the end. “Large, very public transactions, they do create some imagination for folks to kind of rethink their use and growth strategies and potentially reinvent themselves a little bit in terms of how they want to approach the future,” Tenney said. “It does kind of give license to folks to integrate [M&A] into their playbooks and get a little bit more bold in the way they think about growth.”

If you’ve been listening to Bedard and following TFI’s acquisition history, you realize that a large purchase is in the near future.

Last edited:
I did. Don’t make assumptions. While the article says it’s not likely for various reasons, it’s not out of the question.The fact is ArcBest is a good fit for TFI as the author of the article notes at the end. “Large, very public transactions, they do create some imagination for folks to kind of rethink their use and growth strategies and potentially reinvent themselves a little bit in terms of how they want to approach the future,” Tenney said. “It does kind of give license to folks to integrate [M&A] into their playbooks and get a little bit more bold in the way they think about growth.”

If you’ve been listening to Bedard and following TFI’s acquisition history, you realize that a large purchase is in the near future.
It will happen just as soon as they can borrow the money from YRC.

Terminals would be central to any TFI acquisition of ArcBest, M&A expert says

• ArcBest Corp.’s network of 240 LTL service centers across the U.S. would likely be its primary value in any acquisition by TFI International, according to Spencer Tenney, president and CEO of The Tenney Group, a trucking M&A firm with more than a dozen deals in the pipeline.
It would not only be short sighted but disingenuous at best to not say TFI's real intention to acquire Arcbest is to secure @Steward of the Rock and @ABF381 .

Maybe they are playing it close to the vest until it's finalized.

Last edited:
I like this part of the story, especially since we are both in the middle of contract negotiations......

But Satish Jindel, an LTL consultant and observer, doubts a takeover of ArcBest is in the works. When companies acquire others, they rarely do so publicly, he noted.

“[TFI] didn’t cross the 5% threshold that required them to file,” Jindel said. “So they did it to just get some rumors started. They have accomplished that.”

I like this part of the story, especially since we are both in the middle of contract negotiations......

But Satish Jindel, an LTL consultant and observer, doubts a takeover of ArcBest is in the works. When companies acquire others, they rarely do so publicly, he noted.

“[TFI] didn’t cross the 5% threshold that required them to file,” Jindel said. “So they did it to just get some rumors started. They have accomplished that.”

Well if TFI wants to make a move for Fedex Freight, we have some non-negotiables. Mainly @Big Dave hat, safety cook outs, and one purple thong issued per driver.

Come to the table with anything less and we will walk.

It would not only be short sighted but disingenuous at best to not say TFI's real intention to acquire Arcbest is to secure @Steward of the Rock and @ABF381 .

Maybe they are playing it close to the vest until it's finalized.
Bertha and Puddin’ are wanting to know if TFI has a food division.
If not, then all deals and meals are off the table!!!
:17113::17113::17113:

Bertha and Puddin’ are wanting to know if TFI has a food division.
If not, then all deals and meals are off the table!!!
:17113::17113::17113:
I will have to check and let you know. However, I did talk to Satish Jindal about his trucking background experience, and he said he was a camel jockey after he got his chauffeurs license so he knows his stuff.

Screenshot_20230430-082441_Google.md.jpeg

26 months ago none of us had even heard of TFI so who knows? Maybe ABF maybe someone else but Bedard stated there would be a major purchase announcement in the 4th or 1st quarter so we shall see. Either way he made it abundantly clear that he wants all of us older guys gone and replaced with younger folks who don't know which bathroom to use.

26 months ago none of us had even heard of TFI so who knows? Maybe ABF maybe someone else but Bedard stated there would be a major purchase announcement in the 4th or 1st quarter so we shall see. Either way he made it abundantly clear that he wants all of us older guys gone and replaced with younger folks who don't know which bathroom to use.
It's gonna cost more than 50K. All those guys are gone.