TForce | Terminals would be central to any TFI acquisition of ArcBest, M&A expert says

Of course all offers by TFI will have to be approved by the RazorBlade And Associates Law Firm.
TFI is a multi billion dollar holding company. Purchasing a controlling interest in ArcBest and placing people on the board makes sense. Owning a large portion of ArcBest stock would give TFI a revenue flow from ArcBest profits without actually operating and managing an already well run company. I don't see a merger of ABF into TForce.

TFI is a multi billion dollar holding company. Purchasing a controlling interest in ArcBest and placing people on the board makes sense. Owning a large portion of ArcBest stock would give TFI a revenue flow from ArcBest profits without actually operating and managing an already well run company. I don't see a merger of ABF into TForce.
If they don’t plan on a purchase and merger then buying a larger stake would be ideal. Kind of like MO has done with BUD.

So in other words, it is pretty much a done deal as we have seen how your predictions pan out.
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

So in other words, it is pretty much a done deal as we have seen how your predictions pan out.
I think the likelihood of a buyout or merger with another LTL is a strong possibility given TFI’s history and current needs. Bedard likes to acquire assets. That’s a fact. He may also try to acquire another LTL and sell off the TForce assets. We’ve already seen him do a similar thing with CFI. When an asset no longer becomes useful he gets rid of it. Hopefully the bigger picture is to add to TForce Freight with ABF Freight assets and continue to grow the LTL side with organic synergies.

No prediction. Just saying it is a real possibility. .
Associated Transport and Eastern Express, Yellow and Roadway, those were mergers of companies that were never going to make it as separate entities and were doomed from the start.
TForce and ArcBest are both profitable and well run.

Bedard is french right? I'm not sure I am comfortable saying Monsieur Steward or Monsieur 381 and Chez ABF.

Blade could say Bedard, I don't need zee pension, si vous plait.
I understand LS2. What kind of sissy word is “Monsieur” anyway.
You can just call me “Dumb Bastard” like everyone else does.
Or, if it must be French, call me “Dumb Bastieurd”!!!

26 months ago none of us had even heard of TFI so who knows? Maybe ABF maybe someone else but Bedard stated there would be a major purchase announcement in the 4th or 1st quarter so we shall see. Either way he made it abundantly clear that he wants all of us older guys gone and replaced with younger folks who don't know which bathroom to use.
Hold off another 4 years for the buyout I’ll be the first in line….

It would not only be short sighted but disingenuous at best to not say TFI's real intention to acquire Arcbest is to secure @Steward of the Rock and @ABF381 .

Maybe they are playing it close to the vest until it's finalized.
I’m hearing the only thing left to put in place are the back office synergies, and what Maxi’s title will be running the Last Mile Home Delivery Service.

I think the likelihood of a buyout or merger with another LTL is a strong possibility given TFI’s history and current needs. Bedard likes to acquire assets. That’s a fact. He may also try to acquire another LTL and sell off the TForce assets. We’ve already seen him do a similar thing with CFI. When an asset no longer becomes useful he gets rid of it. Hopefully the bigger picture is to add to TForce Freight with ABF Freight assets and continue to grow the LTL side with organic synergies.
TFI will continue to acquire US companies, in Canada they are maxed out. Canada has laws for how many similar companies they can own so no one company can have a monopoly. Another Canadian company Bison Trans has been buying up US companies also just not LTL ( so far). Canadian railroads are also doing it. Anybody say pass the Molson !!!

TFI will continue to acquire US companies, in Canada they are maxed out. Canada has laws for how many similar companies they can own so no one company can have a monopoly. Another Canadian company Bison Trans has been buying up US companies also just not LTL ( so far). Canadian railroads are also doing it. Anybody say pass the Molson !!!
I'll take a Labatts please

No prediction. Just saying it is a real possibility. .
Associated Transport and Eastern Express, Yellow and Roadway, those were mergers of companies that were never going to make it as separate entities and were doomed from the start.
TForce and ArcBest are both profitable and well run.
Small correction, that was Eastern Freightways that merged with Associated Transport not Eastern Express, a totally different company.