TForce | The beginning of the end

We just need to get a degree in computer manipulation, hop in these "driverless" trucks and run the computers. Let the freight company hire a human to break'em down, back it in and fingerprint every thing on the trailer, pull it out of the hole and hook them back up.

We just need to get a degree in computer manipulation, hop in these "driverless" trucks and run the computers. Let the freight company hire a human to break'em down, back it in and fingerprint every thing on the trailer, pull it out of the hole and hook them back up.
I read an article a while back that addresses the connection issues.
There are already test vehicles running with no air or electric connections as we know it. A wireless connection between the tractor and trailer.
What could go wrong? Who hasn't lost a blue-tooth connection, even for a few seconds.
With an auto release 5th wheel and powered dollies it could be done.
Seems like a recipe for disaster.

I read an article a while back that addresses the connection issues.
There are already test vehicles running with no air or electric connections as we know it. A wireless connection between the tractor and trailer.
What could go wrong? Who hasn't lost a blue-tooth connection, even for a few seconds.
With an auto release 5th wheel and powered dollies it could be done.
Seems like a recipe for disaster.
You got that right. A bigoledam disaster.

You got that right. A bigoledam disaster.
Just witnessed a driverless car beauty this morning. Beautiful day 25 mph zone driverless vehicle doing the speed limit just comes to an emergency stop middle of the street. Guy behind manages to stop, now he's waiting. Driverless vehicle starts to make a left, with no signal. Car behind starts to pass him on the right. That left was just a head fake. Driverless vehicle makes hard right crunching into the poor bas$$#d who just got brake checked. Yes that's exactly what we need more of these!

Just witnessed a driverless car beauty this morning. Beautiful day 25 mph zone driverless vehicle doing the speed limit just comes to an emergency stop middle of the street. Guy behind manages to stop, now he's waiting. Driverless vehicle starts to make a left, with no signal. Car behind starts to pass him on the right. That left was just a head fake. Driverless vehicle makes hard right crunching into the poor bas$$#d who just got brake checked. Yes that's exactly what we need more of these!
Throw in another 30 or so cars in front if any.

I had one honest goodness no ::shit:: emergency stop on 95 one day. Came steaming over a hill all out. And here was all four lanes stopped by a big bridge. Zero speed.

I had a problem.. No.. THEY had a problem and we were going to find out in 6 seconds if any of them dozens have a future. The Saint Bendix assisted by the archangel Newton got it stopped. Only just. I stepped out of my tractor down onto a hood of a station wagon full of kids which I pointed the tractor next to. Driver was deeply offended. a handful of 20's shut him up. No scratches no nothing.

I think a computer truck presented with such a scenario would just fail. And MAYBE not if it has disc braking and certain routines for putting tractors generally where you dont to be sure you dont hit anyone or anything with anyone in them.

I am pretty chuffed that bitch got stopped. Container was around 110,000 and I was using momentum on a POS engine to get it up and over that hill at about 80+ at the bottom. The trucking company was blissfully ignorant to this day of that particular incident that could have ended the entire operation as a going concern.

The horse and carriage drivers never believed those noisy things on 4 rubber tires would ever replace them, neither did the assembly line worker.
It is only a matter of time.
If you have 10 years or less to retire, you will be ok, after that it's all over
The wealthy companies will use these vehicles and put the companies with drivers out of business.
Will there still be needs for driver operators in the future? For certain things it will still be profitable, but Point A(load) to point B(unload), that is all gonna be autonomous.

The horse and carriage drivers never believed those noisy things on 4 rubber tires would ever replace them, neither did the assembly line worker.
It is only a matter of time.
If you have 10 years or less to retire, you will be ok, after that it's all over
The wealthy companies will use these vehicles and put the companies with drivers out of business.
Will there still be needs for driver operators in the future? For certain things it will still be profitable, but Point A(load) to point B(unload), that is all gonna be autonomous.
I actually possess skills from the horse farm that can transfer to a future Livery Stable again when tending horses coming and going off carriage rentals around town...

So I can be useful in something like that pretty much within the hour. IF we all as a Nation switched back to Horse and Buggy.

Don't we already have this..............chugga chugga choo choo......?
Trains do have the ability for Positive Train Remote control from Dispatch already. I dont know if its been implemented yet.

I recall Strasburg having to have the N&W 611 steam engine piloted by two engines with current electronics and monitoring on the mainline until they got it delivered to the interchange at Leaman Place near Paradise.

Would you fly in An airplane without a pilot ? I didn’t think so. These things may happen on a large scale,maybe not…I don’t think the US citizenry will give up driving. Automated vehicles are the wet dreams of nerds and self-touching inspiration of greedy transportation execs !

Would you fly in An airplane without a pilot ? I didn’t think so. These things may happen on a large scale,maybe not…I don’t think the US citizenry will give up driving. Automated vehicles are the wet dreams of nerds and self-touching inspiration of greedy transportation execs !
I have navigated small planes using map and radio stack in the Washington Center Region and you really needed to be particular where you were. I have not been up in more than 30 years so my learning is seriously obsolete. Everyone uses GPS etc now. Follow the dot.

Auto pilot for planes I have no issues with. Takes the work load off the pilot and crew. Thats the particular thing about it. Take offs, landings and emergencies require human input. Computers do alot but they are not that good.

The same will happen to robot trucks when they brick 1000 miles from anything leaving your stuff stranded, then late then eat up all of your profit margin and then some putting YOU out of business.

All point a to point b single loads will be robots.
The city and yard work will require humans.
Road runs for ltl will disappear. That will happen ASAP. It is all about the $$$$.