ODFL | The End For P/D Doing Weekend Linehaul?

this could be why David Congdon said OD was going to hire more drivers this year.I would think he has read the rules already before they were final.
:Omg_I_gets_present_Sorry that's not why, new business in 2012 and opening new ODFL Terms. out "West" & other areas, also updating old terms., like Morristown, Tn. 100 new dock doors. will hire 300 more dock, city, 100 new line haul & on & on. ODFL is going to be :smilie93C_peelout:"#ONE LTL" in the next 5 years.

Cowardly drive by troll. Had to get another name to troll and bash. With the post count, it's obviuos.
If you got paid overtime after 40 hours you wouldn,t have to work weekends ever heard of the teamsters you might want to look it up sometime. Your company brags about record profits and increased revenues. Seems to me from what i see on the streets a lot of that comes from cutting rates. That is great for the customers shipping freight but what about compensation for the drivers busting their asses 60 hours a week for straight time pay. Do the math 20 hours at time and a half. If you can't figure that out then shame on you. They are ripping you people off.

O'h yes if they had to pay overtime then we wouldn't even see 40 because they would just hire more people.So" saying I believe I will just give them the OT for a great place to work& a secure place to work,great benefit's that may I say no pay cut's,no 401 cut's,profit's back into my retirement.Lastly a family friendly place to work.Oscar,to set you straight OD has not cut rate's&I can say that is one reason we are floating very well now&during the sinking of other LTL's.So in your figuring of math I quess I will give my money away.lol

O'h yes.I bet them troll's wish they got 50-55 hour's a week .The LTL driver's I talk that work for them other company's are lucky they even get 40 in a week.Well,let's do the caculating on that one.Believe we will leave that one there.lol
O'h yes if they had to pay overtime then we wouldn't even see 40 because they would just hire more people.So" saying I believe I will just give them the OT for a great place to work& a secure place to work,great benefit's that may I say no pay cut's,no 401 cut's,profit's back into my retirement.Lastly a family friendly place to work.Oscar,to set you straight OD has not cut rate's&I can say that is one reason we are floating very well now&during the sinking of other LTL's.So in your figuring of math I quess I will give my money away.lol

O'h yes.I bet them troll's wish they got 50-55 hour's a week .The LTL driver's I talk that work for them other company's are lucky they even get 40 in a week.Well,let's do the caculating on that one.Believe we will leave that one there.lol
:sadwavey: Your right, my son works for Conway he said he's lucky to 45 hours a week:hissyfit: and I know some city drivere from other LTL, some say lucky to get overtime.:drama:

If you got paid overtime after 40 hours you wouldn,t have to work weekends ever heard of the teamsters you might want to look it up sometime. Your company brags about record profits and increased revenues. Seems to me from what i see on the streets a lot of that comes from cutting rates. That is great for the customers shipping freight but what about compensation for the drivers busting their asses 60 hours a week for straight time pay. Do the math 20 hours at time and a half. If you can't figure that out then shame on you. They are ripping you people off.

You have a p/m.

Glad we work for and are energetic/positve people. Main part of thread was about GOVERNMENT taking away our ability to be more productive and profitable. Both for OD and the drivers who want the extra income.

The driver I switch with on extra Sun run agree we got year and 1/2 to keep at it, unless common sense gets it over turned. Know larger terminals that have P/D night drivers, this also takes away their abilty to make some extra cash. Really suck, if weather costs runs, with the only 1 34hr restart in a week. When I ran wild, would stay out upto 10 weeks. Just rolled with the weather and run schedules. New regs. just causes more unneeded down time. Reason most stay out, and OD allows it, is that less waste of time and more revenue can be generated. Didn't have to run me with empties to get home, could just go where freight flowed. Reason I 34hr from Seattle to South Haven and numerous locations in between.

Made $23,478.33 in overtime in 2011. So I guess we are getting a little over 40 hours per week huh.

Well,It was just a matter of time till they start bragging.Just hope it doesn't stop any time soon.lol.like I said before you can take your OT .I would much rather give up pay to not have to put up all the crap that goes on at other company's.But, yes do enjoy all that OT.Do hope you are putting back because it just may come to a fast stop one day.
Made $23,478.33 in overtime in 2011. So I guess we are getting a little over 40 hours per week huh.

Just asking if you P+d are you off between hopefully 12:oo and 5:oo twice a week? How could you not be available for L/H on weekends? HRS. available. Sorry for stepping on thread, just want you to make a buck. We're in this LTL mess toghter.

You must reset your 34 with 2 1am to 5 am times off in a row.So like if you only run during the day you are fine.And you can only restart 1 time in a 7-8 day period.The biggest thing instead of 14 yrs you will only have 13.5 because you will have to take 30 min break everyday before 8 hrs..
Just asking if you P+d are you off between hopefully 12:oo and 5:oo twice a week? How could you not be available for L/H on weekends? HRS. available. Sorry for stepping on thread, just want you to make a buck. We're in this LTL mess toghter.

Bootleg got a little off topic earlier.We started with the new rules then it got to somebody coming in & posting a stupid comment about the ? & how management was stealing from the employee's on OT.I get very defensive when it come's to my work.OD employee's have a good thing going & I bet nobody would want to go & burn the bridges.No need to PLease!!

Bootleg got a little off topic earlier.We started with the new rules then it got to somebody coming in & posting a stupid comment about the ? & how management was stealing from the employee's on OT.I get very defensive when it come's to my work.OD employee's have a good thing going & I bet nobody would want to go & burn the bridges.No need to PLease!!
Yes, I too feed the trolls now and then, just can't let a drive by comment go sometimes. Day runners will be uneffected, just night linehaul or larger locations that P/D at night, especially locations in very congested areas. Always seen P/D coming and going during week at night in large metro areas. 1/3 or less drive time spent between stops and numerous customers want product delivered before work shifts start and outbound gone.

Well,It was just a matter of time till they start bragging.Just hope it doesn't stop any time soon.lol.like I said before you can take your OT .I would much rather give up pay to not have to put up all the crap that goes on at other company's.But, yes do enjoy all that OT.Do hope you are putting back because it just may come to a fast stop one day.
I will enjoy my weekend by not having to work to make up for not being properly compensated monday thru friday. And you enjoy working all those extra hours for free.

well i dont want the OT more money more dam Taxes
like fedex and conway them boys lucky to get 40 im happy
with my 45-50 a week tuesday thru saturday kiss my ars OSCAR

No arse kissing and no trolling on this forum.Anybody that does not understand this send me a p/m.

slim66 said:
I will enjoy my weekend by not having to work to make up for not being properly compensated monday thru friday. And you enjoy working all those extra hours for free.

Just think about how great it would be if you didnt cough up that 15%! You could really **** on people then!

The way it looks to me is, IF you use the restart you will have to
be off two nights (1 to 5), but if you recap like we used to
you would not be required to do this. That way if a road driver wants
to or has to work a 6 night week he/she could and stay within
the 70/8 or 60/7 day recap like we all did in the "old days". Just a
thought.

Last edited by a moderator: