XPO | The musician among us...

Credits
Hi everyone. :smilie_132:

In spite of the current economic state of the times, I've continued my pursuit of my musical dream. :3dflagsdotcom_usa_2

Prior to becoming a driver (first with FedEx Express, then American Freightways which became FedEx Freight, then Vitran for 9 months, JME tanker, and now Con-way [linehaul] for 5 years), I was a working, touring and recording guitarist based out of Los Angeles, CA for close to 17 years. Some bad experiences and the cost of living in southern Cal took it's toll on my wife and I. We moved back to her home state of Minnesota to tend to her ailing parents. They have both since passed away (and so did my mom)... but our struggles persist, financially. I know we all have our problems and mine are insignificant when compared to how/what some other people have to go through. In that respect I feel blessed.
I also feel blessed to have a talent that haunts me every day!!
While driving my linehaul runs I immerse myself in musical thought and literally compose music. When I get home from work I run to the computer and try to remember some of the musical ideas I came up with while driving. Sometimes I sing the ideas into my voicemail so I can refer back to them. Everything you will hear (if you choose to!) is done at home in my basement studio.
What I'd like to do here, is introduce myself and my music to you... my brethren Con-way drivers.
*(I've received permission from Jeff T for posting this on his forum/website)

Warning: My music is predominantly contemporary jazz guitar instrumental, so I do hope that you are not offended or upset when and if you do choose to listen to it.

I appreciate this opportunity given to me here by Jeff and Truckingboards.com and I do hope I can garner some support from so of you drivers out there. This dream of mine is a far reaching one, but attainable nonetheless despite uncertain times.

Thank you for reading this and I look forward to seeing some of you at XMP, XTM, XDM, XFG, XEN and XBD.

Sincerely appreciative... --Andy K

* Contacted Jeff T. for posting permission* :bowdown:

Andy, Good stuff. I went through a period in the late 70's that included some of the same interests. Still like it. Glad you're here.

You are one talented man. Totally smooth calming seduction of sounds. Good luck Andy.

I love the story of composing while line-haulin.

Nashville...

Hi everyone. :smilie_132:

In spite of the current economic state of the times, I've continued my pursuit of my musical dream. :3dflagsdotcom_usa_2

Prior to becoming a driver (first with FedEx Express, then American Freightways which became FedEx Freight, then Vitran for 9 months, JME tanker, and now Con-way [linehaul] for 5 years), I was a working, touring and recording guitarist based out of Los Angeles, CA for close to 17 years. Some bad experiences and the cost of living in southern Cal took it's toll on my wife and I. We moved back to her home state of Minnesota to tend to her ailing parents. They have both since passed away (and so did my mom)... but our struggles persist, financially. I know we all have our problems and mine are insignificant when compared to how/what some other people have to go through. In that respect I feel blessed.
I also feel blessed to have a talent that haunts me every day!!
While driving my linehaul runs I immerse myself in musical thought and literally compose music. When I get home from work I run to the computer and try to remember some of the musical ideas I came up with while driving. Sometimes I sing the ideas into my voicemail so I can refer back to them. Everything you will hear (if you choose to!) is done at home in my basement studio.
What I'd like to do here, is introduce myself and my music to you... my brethren Con-way drivers.
*(I've received permission from Jeff T for posting this on his forum/website)

Warning: My music is predominantly contemporary jazz guitar instrumental, so I do hope that you are not offended or upset when and if you do choose to listen to it.

I appreciate this opportunity given to me here by Jeff and Truckingboards.com and I do hope I can garner some support from so of you drivers out there. This dream of mine is a far reaching one, but attainable nonetheless despite uncertain times.

Thank you for reading this and I look forward to seeing some of you at XMP, XTM, XDM, XFG, XEN and XBD.

Sincerely appreciative... --Andy K

* Contacted Jeff T. for posting permission* :bowdown:

Have you ever given any thought to relocating to Nashville?

BH

Sounds really good Andy. Invest in a small digital pocket recorder.

Yeah...I've been looking at them for quite awhile now. It's just that on the list of priorities it tends to get overlooked right now. Let's put it this way... I'm 9 of 9 linehaul at my barn and I've sat home 15 of the last 21 working days. Starting Monday, I've been relegated to #1 flex... times are tough and apparently will get worse before it gets better.

Thanks for the insight though... --Andy

Have you ever given any thought to relocating to Nashville?

BH

I've been looking into moving for a couple years now. Nashville was definitely on my targeted list. I'm from Detroit and grew up around the Los Angeles music scene and travelled the world (with music), so I got to see a lot of cities and places where I would love to live before moving to Minnesota (to be close to my wife's ailing parents). Economically though, someplaces have changed dramatically. Right now in Minnesota, it's very hard to sell a house... and in some parts of the country darn near impossible! Then you're faced with the task of finding affordable housing AND work! Believe me, change is in my future, I just can't make any hasty decisions that could cost me everything, you know?

But yeah, I would love to live in Nashville... It's a hot music scene nowadays (maybe better than LA and possibly NY).

Before you go Andy, we need to have a big party. I'll bring my sound system and you can plug in and give us a show. When you finally leave my friend, I will miss you, especially that foo-foo juice you wear! I love you man, but you can't have my Bud-light!
CK

Foo-foo??

Before you go Andy, we need to have a big party. I'll bring my sound system and you can plug in and give us a show. When you finally leave my friend, I will miss you, especially that foo-foo juice you wear! I love you man, but you can't have my Bud-light!
CK

I got into a habit of wearing "foo-foo juice" back in the day, when the stage lights would have me sweating like an ox and then have to step off stage and go mingle with the girls smelling like I just tilled a field!
I love you too man... workin' XMP just wouldn't be the same without ya!
"Hey, do you have any Chapstick? I got an itch...." (inside joke, ya'll)

I got into a habit of wearing "foo-foo juice" back in the day, when the stage lights would have me sweating like an ox and then have to step off stage and go mingle with the girls smelling like I just tilled a field!
I love you too man... workin' XMP just wouldn't be the same without ya!
"Hey, do you have any Chapstick? I got an itch...." (inside joke, ya'll)

some of us have very vivid imaginations SO....................

I, personally, would not want it on the streets that I ever received a bad wipe.

You know what they say, don't you?

"A bad wipe is forever, so what have you wiped for me lately?"​

I, personally, would not want it on the streets that I ever received a bad wipe.

You know what they say, don't you?

"A bad wipe is forever, so what have you wiped for me lately?"​

OK!! Forget I mentioned it!! I think I just threw up a little... yup, right on my keyboard... thanks Bankrupt, thanks a lot!!!:biglaugh:

Being the voice of civility and reason carries a lot of responsibility.

I take it very seriously.....And so I remain under doctor's care.