XPO | The musician among us...

musicman

Hi everyone. :smilie_132:

In spite of the current economic state of the times, I've continued my pursuit of my musical dream. :3dflagsdotcom_usa_2

Prior to becoming a driver (first with FedEx Express, then American Freightways which became FedEx Freight, then Vitran for 9 months, JME tanker, and now Con-way [linehaul] for 5 years), I was a working, touring and recording guitarist based out of Los Angeles, CA for close to 17 years. Some bad experiences and the cost of living in southern Cal took it's toll on my wife and I. We moved back to her home state of Minnesota to tend to her ailing parents. They have both since passed away (and so did my mom)... but our struggles persist, financially. I know we all have our problems and mine are insignificant when compared to how/what some other people have to go through. In that respect I feel blessed.
I also feel blessed to have a talent that haunts me every day!!
While driving my linehaul runs I immerse myself in musical thought and literally compose music. When I get home from work I run to the computer and try to remember some of the musical ideas I came up with while driving. Sometimes I sing the ideas into my voicemail so I can refer back to them. Everything you will hear (if you choose to!) is done at home in my basement studio.
What I'd like to do here, is introduce myself and my music to you... my brethren Con-way drivers.
*(I've received permission from Jeff T for posting this on his forum/website)

Warning: My music is predominantly contemporary jazz guitar instrumental, so I do hope that you are not offended or upset when and if you do choose to listen to it.

I appreciate this opportunity given to me here by Jeff and Truckingboards.com and I do hope I can garner some support from so of you drivers out there. This dream of mine is a far reaching one, but attainable nonetheless despite uncertain times.

Thank you for reading this and I look forward to seeing some of you at XMP, XTM, XDM, XFG, XEN and XBD.

Sincerely appreciative... --Andy K

* Contacted Jeff T. for posting permission* :bowdown:
i for one like the music see you in xtm!!:bowdown:

Thanks "driver"...

i for one like the music see you in xtm!!:bowdown:

Unfortunately S.S., you won't see me there anytime soon. I've been demoted (economic tragedy), now I'm back on the flex board... I'm supposed to be glad I'm working. :ranting2:

Hopefully, things will turnaround soon and I can see your pearly whites through all that frothing slobber...:woot2:

Hey!! You've got big "linehaul money" how about helping a guy out? -- Andy

I bought the cd Lucky Sevens ... it sounded great. I strongly recommend others to do it also. I think all of you would be very happy with it.

:hide: Sorry, I listen to the am/fm bands, don't even know if the DVD/multi disc CD players in my pick up work. Best to you!:smilie_132:

Just in case...

Just in case someone may have missed it!!! :clap: --AK

Hi everyone. :smilie_132:

In spite of the current economic state of the times, I've continued my pursuit of my musical dream. :3dflagsdotcom_usa_2

Prior to becoming a driver (first with FedEx Express, then American Freightways which became FedEx Freight, then Vitran for 9 months, JME tanker, and now Con-way [linehaul] for 5 years), I was a working, touring and recording guitarist based out of Los Angeles, CA for close to 17 years. Some bad experiences and the cost of living in southern Cal took it's toll on my wife and I. We moved back to her home state of Minnesota to tend to her ailing parents. They have both since passed away (and so did my mom)... but our struggles persist, financially. I know we all have our problems and mine are insignificant when compared to how/what some other people have to go through. In that respect I feel blessed.
I also feel blessed to have a talent that haunts me every day!!
While driving my linehaul runs I immerse myself in musical thought and literally compose music. When I get home from work I run to the computer and try to remember some of the musical ideas I came up with while driving. Sometimes I sing the ideas into my voicemail so I can refer back to them. Everything you will hear (if you choose to!) is done at home in my basement studio.
What I'd like to do here, is introduce myself and my music to you... my brethren Con-way drivers.
*(I've received permission from Jeff T for posting this on his forum/website)

Warning: My music is predominantly contemporary jazz guitar instrumental, so I do hope that you are not offended or upset when and if you do choose to listen to it.

I appreciate this opportunity given to me here by Jeff and Truckingboards.com and I do hope I can garner some support from so of you drivers out there. This dream of mine is a far reaching one, but attainable nonetheless despite uncertain times.

Thank you for reading this and I look forward to seeing some of you at XMP, XTM, XDM, XFG, XEN and XBD.

Sincerely appreciative... --Andy K

* Contacted Jeff T. for posting permission* :bowdown: