Yellow | The Pirates lost

the funny part is that at the same time one of the pirates was on board the destroyer negotiating the ransom...like he was actually going to get it......:biglaugh:

:smillie_flag:Sound the "Liberty Bell" its going to be a good port call. Outstanding job for our guyz over there.:smillie_flag::beerchug:

it would be nice if "60 minutes" carried it 2nite with that Navy commercial of the waves crashing on the beach, nothing there another wave crashes the beach then you see the foot prints on the beach then another wave crashes the beach and washes away the foot prints...... now that would be a kickass segment with the video driver.

this is a great day and I am so glad the Captain is alive but by killing these guys, the hijackings to come will probably get more violent and the next ones will kill people and throw them overboard until their demands are met....

Good for now.... bad for later I am afraid.

Actually..

this is a great day and I am so glad the Captain is alive but by killing these guys, the hijackings to come will probably get more violent and the next ones will kill people and throw them overboard until their demands are met....

History is repeating itself......remember John Paul Jones.....the barbary pirates?.....Theses jaskasses have been stealing and looting for hundreds of years..I bet they think twice about high jacking a US ship now.....they will go with the weaker targets.....saudis,french,swiss.....watch and see.............I hope for everyones sake anyway.

I have a feeling they will have to arm these vessels now, them big freighters are nothing but sitting ducks in the water... now they can just load a fishing boat with a 5 hp motor on it with 2 or 3 hundred pounds of explosives and ram the side of it and sink it...

As I said, it's great they got what was coming to them but the big picture may be alot less pretty when all is said and done... hope not of course

I have a feeling they will have to arm these vessels now, them big freighters are nothing but sitting ducks in the water... now they can just load a fishing boat with a 5 hp motor on it with 2 or 3 hundred pounds of explosives and ram the side of it and sink it...

As I said, it's great they got what was coming to them but the big picture may be alot less pretty when all is said and done... hope not of course

Exactly my thoughts. Moving forward, these ships definitely need to be armed, especially traveling through the area that's a known haven for being hi-jacked by Pirates.

These people just dont care!!!! Lets not forget what happened to 2 Blackhawk's and how long it took NATO forceses to help us. I am glade the captain is O.K. BUT having one son that was in the military and another leaving for the Marines..i am happier that these brave soliders that put their lives on the line 24/7 are O.K. This was a test..they knew what their where doing..God Bless Navy S.E.A.L's and all our brave men and women

To tell it all Somalia was a beautiful country b4 it became war torn and ravaged. I was over there twice and there is really not much over there. Once the US pulled out the military and resources along with the Nato alliance it turned more and more like the wild wild west. If you look at where the most of the attempts are occurring it is in the Yemen coastline as soon as the ships come out of the Suez Canal and Red Sea. A perfect place to hijack a ship cause everything gets bottle nosed up in that area.

Plus the fact Yemen is not ally to the US for its terrorist activities, i remember years back the battleship New Jersey had to float around Africa cause Yemen didn't want her guns pointed at them as an act of aggression going thru the Suez Canal to the Indian Ocean. Enuf history they need more security in that region from a multi nation alliance and not just us. Hell send in the Black Water guys from here and mount 50 cal machine guns on their patrol boats & "everything will be alright:pirate2::captain::3dflagsdotcom_usa_2"

when i saw film clips of some pirates in their little boats, i thought it might work if the guys on the big boats could just drop a gernade on them. or is that to easy?