XPO | The Problems

I like the way you guys only care about trying to correct the people who's opinions aren't in line with your own.

I was eluding to how hard they negotiated to get that language but in the end they realized it wasn't as great as they thought it might be. I thought you could read between the lines there.

I was eluding to how hard they negotiated to get that language but in the end they realized it wasn't as great as they thought it might be. I thought you could read between the lines there.

I understand your point. What you said is straight forward. You are missing mine. What that poster said was flat wrong. And no one called him on it.

They pro union crowd is anti Con-way. This has nothing to do with going union. It has to do with grown men feeling helpless.

These guys don't want to make things better. They want to run this thing into the ground and blow it up.
Hope you don't get a random tomorrow....

I'm saying that there has been plenty of time for anyone else to point out his error.

An error to some and really not that big a deal to those that may know the language word for word. " From my understanding." For me what I got from his post was he was referring to PT when he posted his assumed percentage. I guess maybe you should call the contract police the next time you notice an error that hasn't been addressed in a timely manner?:confused:

An error to some and really not that big a deal to those that may know the language word for word. " From my understanding." For me what I got from his post was he was referring to PT when he posted his assumed percentage. I guess maybe you should call the contract police the next time you notice an error that hasn't been addressed in a timely manner?:confused:

Just pointing out how quickly people jump and in which direction.

I don't have a contract. And I will keep it that way as long as possible.

Perspective? A difference of opinion between the hoser and the hosee? What problem with the bidding process? He bids the run, he's sits home and is runaround. Pay the man. That is pretty simple.

Yes perspective. Too much flexibility or not enough flexibility can cut both ways.

Just pointing out how quickly people jump and in which direction.

I don't have a contract. And I will keep it that way as long as possible.

And which direction might that be?

You really should have a contract, your CEO does. A legally binding agreement that ensures he gets his. As for you? You will not be so lucky. What you get may require some ointment rubbed on the hole that hurts the worst.

And which direction might that be?

You really should have a contract, your CEO does. A legally binding agreement that ensures he gets his. As for you? You will not be so lucky. What you get may require some ointment rubbed on the hole that hurts the worst.

Of course he does. His position is of far greater significance than mine. Both he and the company need assurances that success is the only option.

I am just a driver. I will drive for whoever and where ever I like. Me coming or going on a whim changes nothing for no one.

Yes perspective. Too much flexibility or not enough flexibility can cut both ways.

I suppose. Management complains they don't have enough flexibility and labor agreements are too restrictive. Give management all the flexibility they ask for and they are unable to react correctly. Sounds to me that the flexibility or lack there of is not the problem here.

Of course he does. His position is of far greater significance than mine. Both he and the company need assurances that success is the only option.

I am just a driver. I will drive for whoever and where ever I like. Me coming or going on a whim changes nothing for no one.

A little difference there brother. His contract rewards success or failure better than 300 times your take.. He could give a rats ass about you and yours. That could be said for anyone driving for whoever and wherever they like. A contract for you would not change anything other that job security. You would actually have some security when that shining star begins to tarnish. Just remember, all the atta boys don't cancel out one awe ****! You could still come and go as you please and live the life of the "at will" employee.

Sorry, I'll try harder...

yrc_07_sml.jpg

Hmmm, don't see any of ours on there....yet.

It may seem strange to you but twice week we get a JB Hunt container from rail yard. And no it doesn't say con job on side but it is freight con job picked up. So answer your question it doesn't say Conway on side but conjob is moving their freight on the rail already. Of all the people I really thought you would have known this. :1036316054::LMAO::duh:

Of course he does. His position is of fup ar greater significance than mine. Both he and the company need assurances that success is the only option.

Wrong, if he doesn't show up who knows. If the drivers don't show up the freight doesn't move and know one gets paid.. haven't heard about the management shortages.

Wrong, if he doesn't show up who knows. If the drivers don't show up the freight doesn't move and know one gets paid.. haven't heard about the management shortages.

If he doesn't show up he maybe taking corporate secrets and so on with him. He has knowledge of this companies inner workings.

The drivers have been jumping off this rotting heap for a good bit now. I see no change other than a lot of old friends are doing better than me now.

It may seem strange to you but twice week we get a JB Hunt container from rail yard. And no it doesn't say con job on side but it is freight con job picked up. So answer your question it doesn't say Conway on side but conjob is moving their freight on the rail already. Of all the people I really thought you would have known this. :1036316054::LMAO::duh:

JBHunt rails back dunnage and racks from the west coast ...so that is jb's back haul .. seen ad trans have trailer loads of dunnage racks as well... I am not excusing the use of outside carriers by i am just educating the other drivers what REALLY goes on

Sounds like JB is moving their freight on rails.

Yes, I know other carriers move our freight.

How they do it doesn't matter, they are doing it.

You guys do understand the you don't have to contribute to the 401k to get money ..dont you? they give it to us depending on how long you've worked here.. they give us money every week without a contribution from us. Not many do that. I get 4% every week (every qtr. actually) with no contribution from me. Not many do that. That is good. So no the match probably wont return.

So it really equals out, they don't match but they give you whatever they give you. That's the same as a match but no other contribution. So what makes them better than anyone else?