XPO | The Problems

I really couldn't care less about the in cab camera pointing at me. What I don't like is the company administering progressive discipline from video clips collected by the camera. A clause in a contract could be drafted to say that the cameras can stay, but the company shall not discipline a driver for anything that happens in cab, other than obviously destructive stuff. That would mean that while we are driving, we can do the following things with impunity. We can put a cell phone to our ear, look at our handheld device, eat, and leave our seatbelt off. I also do not like that we cannot have access to a printed employee handbook which details what we can be dispilined for and how that discipline will be administered. All that being said, I don't think these things will be high enough on the priority list when it comes to contract negotiations and the stuff that we would get in a contract, would IMO, place an uneceassary financial burden on the company and cause it to ultimately become less competitive. One of the things I have come to enjoy about working for Con-way is the feeling of security I get, knowing that we are cash rich company that can easily compete with union LTLs. At this time, if it comes to my barn, I'm still a "NO" vote.

No disipline is supposed to be handed out over anything with the camera..if it is, then it needs to be brought to the attention of Ann Arbor. As far as the employee handbook, you can log on and print it from the portal just as easy as you can log on here and post.

And yes, become less competitive is what will happen with this organizing effort. We will lose business, that's for sure. With a contract, the operations will not change..they couldn't change...conway could not do business without their current model, which is fine..we're making money off of it. And if you got an increase in a benefit, you would probably lose someplace else. Hell, LLA could even end up losing $1/hr to gain something else. They do that now, except you would be paying for it.

And BTW, the bonus is looking good this year..so let's don't mess that up.

Sorry to disagree with you, but we have been told it's now progressive discipline. We all knew they would do this when they rolled them out last year, were promised they wouldn't.

Aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh, FedEx Freight and Con-Way, same Devil, just different names. I swear the Corporate Banksters (con men) own both. That's why both companies have the same dictatorial, in-your-face demeaning, disrespectful and toxic managerial culture. FedEx and Con-Way Drivers, fighting together for a better future. Continue the fight, because once dignity is lost, it NEVER returns. And our dignity has slowly been taken away, but it's not totally lost yet, unless we are so cowardly that we allow them to take what little is left of it. We are both brothers in this fight!!!! WE WILL NOT GIVE UP OR GIVE IN!!!

No disipline is supposed to be handed out over anything with the camera..if it is, then it needs to be brought to the attention of Ann Arbor. As far as the employee handbook, you can log on and print it from the portal just as easy as you can log on here and post.

And yes, become less competitive is what will happen with this organizing effort. We will lose business, that's for sure. With a contract, the operations will not change..they couldn't change...conway could not do business without their current model, which is fine..we're making money off of it. And if you got an increase in a benefit, you would probably lose someplace else. Hell, LLA could even end up losing $1/hr to gain something else. They do that now, except you would be paying for it.

And BTW, the bonus is looking good this year..so let's don't mess that up.

Man you and that bonus... What's it up to now, $600? I never got more than about $330 after they took the taxes out of it. In the grand scheme of things that "bone-us" should be the least of your concerns...

Man you and that bonus... What's it up to now, $600? I never got more than about $330 after they took the taxes out of it. In the grand scheme of things that "bone-us" should be the least of your concerns...

Money is money...and it's looks to be better this year. It's not a budget buster for me, but I'm gonna cash that check, that's for sure.

Aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh, FedEx Freight and Con-Way, same Devil, just different names. I swear the Corporate Banksters (con men) own both. That's why both companies have the same dictatorial, in-your-face demeaning, disrespectful and toxic managerial culture. FedEx and Con-Way Drivers, fighting together for a better future. Continue the fight, because once dignity is lost, it NEVER returns. And our dignity has slowly been taken away, but it's not totally lost yet, unless we are so cowardly that we allow them to take what little is left of it. We are both brothers in this fight!!!! WE WILL NOT GIVE UP OR GIVE IN!!!

Fedex has lot more money than conway. Dont you think?

Not letting city drivers with bids, punch the clock and start at their start times cause freight is late, but part time dock workers are working the dock. Send the dock workers home first!

As a 19 year dsr at Conway I'm asking seriously what are the issues that folks have here that a union will solve? My gripes are the over use of subservice haulers, I don't agree with Lean, I don't believe in the Optimizer, and the last raise was an insult. The union might address two of the four of my issues. What are yours? Don't use broad brushstrokes like "This company sucks," or "They're screwin' me." Not trying to be for or against, just trying to comprehend. Press on
As you might of expected. No real gripes that a union can fix.Lust a bunch of folks who think the grass is greener on the other side.

I'm just glad union carriers don't allow sub-service.

7-1-14to7-3-14CentrevilleMD-OrlandoFLpics559.jpg

Don't you just wish the race to the bottom had never started?

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

Well, we all have an opportunity here to stand together and take some back.

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk
Honestly you are correct. But you know as well as I do we have a better chance of seeing Jesus come back first .... unless more drivers see the light .. no pun intended

From my understanding union carriers allow only up to 7% of there freight hauled by rail or subservice carriers. Thats a lil' bit less than the 15-20 carriers that leave our barn .

From my understanding union carriers allow only up to 7% of there freight hauled by rail or subservice carriers. Thats a lil' bit less than the 15-20 carriers that leave our barn .
During Calendar Year 2012,the maximum amount of over-the-road purchased transportation shall be increased from 7% to 9% of the Employer’s total miles as reported . Sorry guys/gals , I was incorrect . This is the last info I have on percentage allowed . Someone with a newer NMFA can correct me further .