XPO | The Problems

Limited, but good try. Bet it's not half of what CW subs out.

Sorry, I'll try harder...

yrc_07_sml.jpg

Hmmm, don't see any of ours on there....yet.

I really don't like all the stratification. Different pay. Different retirement. Different OT. Different equipment.

The biggest problem with all of the tiers - THERE IS NO REASON FOR MULTIPLE LEVELS OF PAY

If you go to work , have a safe day , move the freight and repeat this over and over with no problems , why should you be paid less than the driver that you work shoulder to shoulder with?

There is no rhyme or reason to the pay scale.
I understand that the company is having a hard time in certain markets hiring drivers so more money is offered.
How do you explain 2 terminals less than an hour away from one another in the same market - one gets a FAT raise and the other the FLAT raise.

It make no sense.

The biggest problem with all of the tiers - THERE IS NO REASON FOR MULTIPLE LEVELS OF PAY

If you go to work , have a safe day , move the freight and repeat this over and over with no problems , why should you be paid less than the driver that you work shoulder to shoulder with?

There is no rhyme or reason to the pay scale.
I understand that the company is having a hard time in certain markets hiring drivers so more money is offered.
How do you explain 2 terminals less than an hour away from one another in the same market - one gets a FAT raise and the other the FLAT raise.

It make no sense.

It don't make " cents ". It makes dollars.

Running those lower paid terminals through the higher paid ones to pull their freight.

They think we are stupid. That we got some kind of raise. Us truckers know how a shell game is run. Not fooled at all.

Yet. When you do, what will be the cap? Whatever it takes as you say. Maybe you can take pictures of conway trailers on a railcar while you sit at home.

Naw dude, I might live on the wrong side of the tracks.... but I don't live on the tracks. Hell I'd have to walk a good three blocks to get a picture.

:shrug::6799:Highspeeds , if your Plan B is a union job , and by some miracle you are still at Con-way , maybe your time here will count towards your retirement.

:shrug::6799:Highspeeds , if your Plan B is a union job , and by some miracle you are still at Con-way , maybe your time here will count towards your retirement.

That ain't the way it works. But we all have two plan B's. One for my license is good. And one for I lost my CDL.

Contract allows 6% whats conways %?

Are you sure? I thought it was 26%.

Teamsters Online: Freight Division: NATIONAL MASTER FREIGHT AGREEMENT: Article 29

Has something changed?

4. Total intermodal rail miles included on line 303 of Schedule 300 of the BTS Annual Report shall not exceed 28 percent of the Employer’s total miles as reported on line 301 of Schedule 300 of the BTS Annual Report during any calendar year. In the event intermodal rail miles exceed this 28 percent maximum, the Employer shall be required to remove an appropriate amount of freight from the rail and add a corresponding number of drivers at each affected domicile. Effective for Calendar Year 2005 and thereafter, the maximum amount of rail miles as a percent of total miles as calculated above will be reduced from 28% to 26%.

That ain't the way it works. But we all have two plan B's. One for my license is good. And one for I lost my CDL.

Off topic-

More than once in a group meeting our RM has told us Con-way is THE ONLY company that offers a retirement. Really.

He informed us there is NO PLAN to reinstate the company match of the 401k ( after 2 quarters in a row of a below 95 OR )
Said this was said by previous president so it doesn't count

He said he's happy with his healthcare coverage so you should be too.

Unless there are people in management that "get it" , it will get worse before it gets better.

Dust off your resumes and pay off your bills and keep your CDLs clean. Have a Plan B.

I think there he was talking about subservice percent. But he also claimed he didn't now of any rail limits. Which of course you found in what 45 seconds ?

Found it? I went on strike in 1994 for the privilege of giving up 28%. TMI was asking for 34%, so the union called it a win.

And what's the difference, rail or subservice? It's still the companies freight being moved by someone else.

Found it? I went on strike in 1994 for the privilege of giving up 28%. TMI was asking for 34%, so the union called it a win.

And what's the difference, rail or subservice? It's still the companies freight being moved by someone else.
Thanks your the bestest cxx driver..... Now give me the % pulled by non Conway enployees?

It don't make " cents ". It makes dollars.

Running those lower paid terminals through the higher paid ones to pull their freight.

They think we are stupid. That we got some kind of raise. Us truckers know how a shell game is run. Not fooled at all.

Have you ever asked , " How is the decision made on what terminal gets a raise and how much? "

a.) Is there a formula = So many drivers quit , get fired , retire = offer more?

or

b.) Possible unionization / threat of union = offer cash and double talk?