Yellow | the speed button

paul wall

TB Lurker
Credits
so whats the secret to your road tractors? i thought they only went 62? the other night i was passed, no wait, i mean lapped by one of your road units while i was heading west on the 80 in ohio going through warren/youngstown area. i only had about 30k in the boxes and we were on a flat stretch. i had just passed him just a few miles back and then all of a sudden he blew by me and was out of sight in a few minutes. our trucks do 65 for sure because im passing you guys all the time. and like i said before he passed me on a flat stretch. there was definetly no mechanical error or driver error for that matter. so whats the deal??????????

Shhuusshh.......Paul, we do have a few that will "carry the groceries". Some of the drivers know their unit numbers and love it when they can actually pass someone!!:hysterical: DS.

Well just like some of our sister companies, drivers do infact no how to get around the govern problem. And some trucks just flat out go. Feels like a kid in a candy factory cmon

tricks of the trade

all i know is there is no way of going over 65 in our trucks. foot on the clutch trick doesnt work with our units.

We had 2 older units at my terminal that would run flat out at 70, but die pulling weight up the hills. It sure was nice to make a 411 mile turn on the weekend in 7 hours or less. Would usually take an hour break on the way down, and call from home after taking my shower, so as not to alert them of the speed factor of the tractors. Somehow they seemed to know anyway, but never said anything, yet "regular" roadies would be cussin us on the radio cause they would see us in the rear view, and know we would be outta sight in no time. Too bad they pulled the plates and made them strictly city units. They were cramped, bounced like the dickens, but when turning a 8 or 9 hour day into a 6 or 7 hour day, somehow it didn't seem so bad.

We had 2 older units at my terminal that would run flat out at 70, but die pulling weight up the hills. It sure was nice to make a 411 mile turn on the weekend in 7 hours or less. Would usually take an hour break on the way down, and call from home after taking my shower, so as not to alert them of the speed factor of the tractors. Somehow they seemed to know anyway, but never said anything, yet "regular" roadies would be cussin us on the radio cause they would see us in the rear view, and know we would be outta sight in no time. Too bad they pulled the plates and made them strictly city units. They were cramped, bounced like the dickens, but when turning a 8 or 9 hour day into a 6 or 7 hour day, somehow it didn't seem so bad.

Amazing how a little" SPEED" makes all the other BAD stuff go away, like a 70mph 834 unit. Mustache Retired Roadway

Amazing how a little" SPEED" makes all the other BAD stuff go away, like a 70mph 834 unit. Mustache Retired Roadway

Isn't that the truth. What kills me, there could be a serious exhaust leak in the cab,or it pulls to left or anything, and still not written up! Like that has anything to do with how fast its going.

A fast truck only gives you more break time.

That would be safer wouldn't it ?
I don't mean a rocket, just able to maintain highway speed limit.

I bet if you could have seen the doors of the truck you would have seen where stickers have been pulled off of it. I bet it was a million miler assigned tractor

Omg, we have many trucks that run like a champ, nothing to do with a million miler. And by the way, its bullshyt that city million millers have their own truck.

And by the way, its bullshyt that city million millers have their own truck.

At 187 we have a few million milers that have their own truck with the million miler decals and their name on the doors. One of them just retired and his truck was given to someone else. Still says million miler but the name was removed. However, since most of us have assigned city units now, all they do (if anything) is give the million mile guys a pair of magnetic strips that say million miler, sort of generic looking without the driver's name. Too bad all the truck and tractor doors are fiberglass. What a bunch of maroooooons!!:hysterical::chairshot: :tongue0015:

Omg, we have many trucks that run like a champ, nothing to do with a million miler. And by the way, its bullshyt that city million millers have their own truck.
The trucks I have been in that run that fast have been X million miler assigned tractors. X meaning the road driver has retired.

I think I'd better refraze that, I don't begrudge anyone a truck of their own, its just bull, that a city guy gets one at 1 mill, and a road guy doesn't. We had a couple guys at 120 with 2 million stripped of their trucks. :nutkick:

Why Go fast?

so whats the secret to your road tractors? i thought they only went 62? the other night i was passed, no wait, i mean lapped by one of your road units while i was heading west on the 80 in ohio going through warren/youngstown area. i only had about 30k in the boxes and we were on a flat stretch. i had just passed him just a few miles back and then all of a sudden he blew by me and was out of sight in a few minutes. our trucks do 65 for sure because im passing you guys all the time. and like i said before he passed me on a flat stretch. there was definetly no mechanical error or driver error for that matter. so whats the deal??????????
That is one thing we do not have to worry about. Going fast??? What a concept. I am sure glad our line haul is HOURLY!!

Working and living in the frigid north we had ether assists put in. Just push the button for a shot, works well on the hills. Smokes a little and the motor don’t last long but it is fun passing the meat haulers.

Just pulling all of your legs!!!!

Stimpy you idiot!!!!!

At 434 we have 3 or 4 city units that will "get-on with it".Nice to drive something that will keep pace with the traffic.These are old road units that have been converted to the city.They get run through line-haul on the week ends in our district.As far as M/M units go,we've been told Yellow is doing away with giving road drivers their own tractors.