Yellow | The Truth about Tyson Johnson

wild deuce

TB Veteran
Credits
The truth about Tyson J. is (1) He has negotiated (about freight)...not...(for freight). (2) He has given more concessions since he has been in office than he has gotten in return for the freight teamster. (3) In his haste to 'compromise' with the biggest freight companies in the country...he has forgotten that there are other freight companies that need attended to. I am looking forward to the next IBOT election. Tyson is OUT!! Freight Negotiators and Organizers are IN!! :beerchug:

Next Election

The truth about Tyson J. is (1) He has negotiated (about freight)...not...(for freight). (2) He has given more concessions since he has been in office than he has gotten in return for the freight teamster. (3) In his haste to 'compromise' with the biggest freight companies in the country...he has forgotten that there are other freight companies that need attended to. I am looking forward to the next IBOT election. Tyson is OUT!! Freight Negotiators and Organizers are IN!! :beerchug:

You and I have exactly 0% chance of unelecting anyone at the IBT!

We (Freight Division) only represent less than 6% of the 1.4 million Teamsters.

The Teamsters are the weakest labor organization on the planet thanks to Hoffa , Johnson and the rest of the IBT GEB.
Always vote yes , never go back to the table ,weaker pensions and benefits ,work rules out the window , .Utility workers ,and on and on .
They gotta go . And fast , while we have something left .

The Teamsters are the weakest labor organization on the planet thanks to Hoffa , Johnson and the rest of the IBT GEB.
Always vote yes , never go back to the table ,weaker pensions and benefits ,work rules out the window , .Utility workers ,and on and on .

Here here...
perfect10.gif

How true and I agree 100% :1036316054:

ron carey never gave up,he is my inspiration to never quit,we can beat them ,just get together and fight never never give up

Kelder, Smith,
You two are quick to critcize this Admin. although I never see any suggestions on what they should have done given the lousy circumstances they've had to deal with. Tell us all what you would have done and would be doing right now. Let's hear it.............

Kelder, Smith,
You two are quick to critcize this Admin. although I never see any suggestions on what they should have done given the lousy circumstances they've had to deal with. Tell us all what you would have done and would be doing right now. Let's hear it.............

I think Kelder has said a lot of good things in some of his posts and as well as some others in here too. I know Hoffa is your boy dude, but come on, what has this guy done..? Call in Virtue...
alright.gif

I think Kelder has said a lot of good things in some of his posts and as well as some others in here too. I know Hoffa is your boy dude, but come on, what has this guy done..? Call in Virtue...
alright.gif
Wrong Stan. I'm just pointing out that the ones who bark the loudest never can say what they would have done or would be doing different than what they complain about. Now answer the question....or are you without an answer, and a clue, also?

Wrong Stan. I'm just pointing out that the ones who bark the loudest never can say what they would have done or would be doing different than what they complain about. Now answer the question....or are you without an answer, and a clue, also?
Can I take a stab at this? I will not pretend that I have the answers as I do not have the info that the IBT was privy to. I do know I would not have played the deception game that Tyson/Jr feel they have to play. It has always been with me the methods and not so much the results. What lie are you telling today? Or is today the truth? I'm a big boy, treat me that way. So I guess that is the answer to what I would have done different, represent my members. The only way I can do that is give them the truth then ask them what they want to do with it. You can deny what I'm saying but when you ask if someone has a clue, ask yourself, are ALL the ones that feel as I do just stupid? :shrug:

Please be gentle when you answer my last question. :biglaugh:

Kelder, Smith,

As I said in a previous post . Who are you ?No real names ,no reply from me .And its Mr. Kelder to you ,especially since I'm pretty sure who you are .

alright.gif

Thanks for your support Mr. Smith.I have posted ideas RE; suggestions in other posts ,but cannot fathom the logic in his attempt at provocation .Clearly , Hoffa supporters are jumping ship every minute.
And why would Kelder and Smith offer any suggestions ???
Hoffa and the GEB do not listen to the members . As an example , how many Rank & File members were involved in the concessions talks ?? answer -Zero
Hell , Hoffa new for weeks about the concession request before he told Local Union officers .
I've said it before ,and I'll say it again . Hoffa sucks

Kelder, Smith,

I wouldn't have kept my locals in the dark about these talks that have been going on for weeks prior to announcement. I would send every member an apology letter for raising dues to inflate a strike fund that we knew was never going to be used. I would be apologizing for the way this supposed vote was going. I would apologize for the way Tyson and I let the company disregard this new contract(utility driver) and the way the COO'S were handled.. I would also apologize for blowing YRC and not having time to brush my teeth. Here's a question- What would you do different? Answer: probably nothing. Face it, he's a joke.

Kelder,
I'm not asking if Hoffa or Johnson would take suggestions. I'm asking what would you be doing if you were in charge that would change or better the situation we all find ourselves in now? You have to admit that these aren't nearly as good of times as in the 90's or even most of this century. I'll PM you my name. You don't know me. I don't know you except for what Mikeeeee has told me. You can criticize all you want to.....Stan can too for that matter...but what never gets answered is what would anyone else do if they were faced with these bad times if they were in charge that would be better for all Teamsters? I have never said Hoffa and/or Johnson are perfect in any way. But in several threads here nobody yet who blasts this NMFA and this deal we're faced with now have provided any other solutions. And it looks like they won't. And possibly that is because there aren't any.

Can I take a stab at this? I will not pretend that I have the answers as I do not have the info that the IBT was privy to. I do know I would not have played the deception game that Tyson/Jr feel they have to play. It has always been with me the methods and not so much the results. What lie are you telling today? Or is today the truth? I'm a big boy, treat me that way. So I guess that is the answer to what I would have done different, represent my members. The only way I can do that is give them the truth then ask them what they want to do with it. You can deny what I'm saying but when you ask if someone has a clue, ask yourself, are ALL the ones that feel as I do just stupid? :shrug:

Please be gentle when you answer my last question. :biglaugh:

Wolf,
I'm not saying anybody is stupid. I'm not even saying that I like the way things have been handled. What I'm saying is that, in my opinion, no matter how it would have been handled the situation we find ourselves in would still be the same. And I don't think we can blame that on Hoffa and/or Johnson. YRC, and Yellow in particular, put themselves in deep debt and obviously just thought they'd somehow be able to pay it off. And nobody yet has been able to provide a better solution to the real problems we face. Yes, they say it wasn't handled well....I agree.....but I'm still waiting for an answer from anybody on what should have been done.

I wouldn't have kept my locals in the dark about these talks that have been going on for weeks prior to announcement. I would send every member an apology letter for raising dues to inflate a strike fund that we knew was never going to be used. I would be apologizing for the way this supposed vote was going. I would apologize for the way Tyson and I let the company disregard this new contract(utility driver) and the way the COO'S were handled.. I would also apologize for blowing YRC and not having time to brush my teeth. Here's a question- What would you do different? Answer: probably nothing. Face it, he's a joke.
If you've read some of my posts you'll see that I don't rubber stamp the methods at all. I do understand the reason why though. Do I like it? No. But I believe it's been necessary to keep YRC afloat. They are taking shot after shot for doing what they have to do. Anybody in power right now would be doing the same thing against popular belief if they wanted YRC to stay viable......even if it doesn't work longterm.

Wolf,
I'm not saying anybody is stupid. I'm not even saying that I like the way things have been handled. What I'm saying is that, in my opinion, no matter how it would have been handled the situation we find ourselves in would still be the same. And I don't think we can blame that on Hoffa and/or Johnson. YRC, and Yellow in particular, put themselves in deep debt and obviously just thought they'd somehow be able to pay it off. And nobody yet has been able to provide a better solution to the real problems we face. Yes, they say it wasn't handled well....I agree.....but I'm still waiting for an answer from anybody on what should have been done.
You know I will have to agree that things are beyond any Teamsters control now.Guess what it boils down to is that I "feel" screwed by both sides due to how its been handled. Thinking I should'nt have to feel this way, but I'm afraid it will persist until we have new leadership. :28:

I'll take a stab at what should've been done;

"IF" Tyson/Hoffa was "REALLY" acting in our best interest, Then why the givebacks for the entire contract? Why not 2 years & then revisit the concessions? Simple, These concessions don't effect them, The freight division is only 3% of the Teamsters now & the most costly division to maintain!

"IF" YRC is in such bad financial state? Then why did the Chinese Government give them the ok to purchase the remaining stake in the largest LTL company in their country? The Chinese Government goes through all the assets, history & financial backing of YRC & if they find out that YRC is not capable of making that company profitable or in any way going to bankrupt it, than you lose your down payment & your capability to finish the purchasing of that company, this was stated on CNBC & MSNBC when YRC bought the China based company. Why didn't Tyson/Hoffa asked to see those reports? Simple, These concessions don't effect them, The freight division is only 3% of the Teamsters now & the most costly division to maintain!

"IF" Tyson/Hoffa were allowing these concessions, Why not tell YRC, that we would except these conditions "ONLY" if the company agrees to put all the carriers (that touch our freight) under "The same contract agreement, NMFA" to put solidarity back in the union & show the "Rank & File" that they did this in the unions best interest? Simple, These concessions don't effect them, The freight division is only 3% of the Teamsters now & the most costly division to maintain!

"IF" the CEO's (Tyson/Hoffa) of this company (IBT) were acting in our best interest, Then why are they recieving COLA & they cut ours? Why a $77,000 raise to Hoffa? Why the rank & file of the union, only taking pay cuts & not the CEO's? Simple, These concessions don't effect them, The freight division is only 3% of the Teamsters now & the most costly division to maintain!

This "Anarchy" has negotiated 2 "Best ever contracts" 1 gave back concessions in the pension, 1 gave back concessions in our wages. We will now be BACK at the same payscale & worst benefits that we were at prior to these "2 Best Ever Contracts". YET their wages, insurance & benefits have NOT been reduced, EVEN though our membership has gone into the crapper. Simple, These concessions don't effect them, The freight division is only 3% of the Teamsters now & the most costly division to maintain!

Are you seeing a trend here? It doesn't take a genious to see we are not the future of the Teamsters. The union is not going to got out of business if YRC goes under, only the biggest cost to the union will. Why is there so many white paper contracts (UPS Freight, New Penn, USF Glenmoore, USF Reddaway, etc...) ? ESPECIALLY since they used OUR dues to organize these companies & these companies do absolutely nothing to sure up our pension, healh & wefare, & benefits. I understand these white paper companies need protection, better pay & bennies & I may sound piggish, but this was our money, time & efffort used to organize these companies & we get nothing in return? The old saying "United We Stand, Divided We Fall" we haven't just fell we're being trampled on!

This regime will be here until 1 of them dies or retires, nobody is gonna beat them in an election that is run by them, they hold all the cards & their not giving them up!!! We have a better chance at finding Osama, then we do cooing this empire. Go ahead & beat me up on this posting, i don't care, BUT before you do; Tell me 1 thing this empire has done to better us as a whole? & i'm not talking the other Teamster divisions, i'm talking us!! the ones under this YRC Agreement (A.K.A. NMFA)

FOR SALE: Teamster Freight Division, contact the CEO's @ YRC/Teamsters for details

I'll take a stab at what should've been done;

"IF" Tyson/Hoffa was "REALLY" acting in our best interest, Then why the givebacks for the entire contract? Why not 2 years & then revisit the concessions? Simple, These concessions don't effect them, The freight division is only 3% of the Teamsters now & the most costly division to maintain!

"IF" YRC is in such bad financial state? Then why did the Chinese Government give them the ok to purchase the remaining stake in the largest LTL company in their country? The Chinese Government goes through all the assets, history & financial backing of YRC & if they find out that YRC is not capable of making that company profitable or in any way going to bankrupt it, than you lose your down payment & your capability to finish the purchasing of that company, this was stated on CNBC & MSNBC when YRC bought the China based company. Why didn't Tyson/Hoffa asked to see those reports? Simple, These concessions don't effect them, The freight division is only 3% of the Teamsters now & the most costly division to maintain!

"IF" Tyson/Hoffa were allowing these concessions, Why not tell YRC, that we would except these conditions "ONLY" if the company agrees to put all the carriers (that touch our freight) under "The same contract agreement, NMFA" to put solidarity back in the union & show the "Rank & File" that they did this in the unions best interest? Simple, These concessions don't effect them, The freight division is only 3% of the Teamsters now & the most costly division to maintain!

"IF" the CEO's (Tyson/Hoffa) of this company (IBT) were acting in our best interest, Then why are they recieving COLA & they cut ours? Why a $77,000 raise to Hoffa? Why the rank & file of the union, only taking pay cuts & not the CEO's? Simple, These concessions don't effect them, The freight division is only 3% of the Teamsters now & the most costly division to maintain!

This "Anarchy" has negotiated 2 "Best ever contracts" 1 gave back concessions in the pension, 1 gave back concessions in our wages. We will now be BACK at the same payscale & worst benefits that we were at prior to these "2 Best Ever Contracts". YET their wages, insurance & benefits have NOT been reduced, EVEN though our membership has gone into the crapper. Simple, These concessions don't effect them, The freight division is only 3% of the Teamsters now & the most costly division to maintain!

Are you seeing a trend here? It doesn't take a genious to see we are not the future of the Teamsters. The union is not going to got out of business if YRC goes under, only the biggest cost to the union will. Why is there so many white paper contracts (UPS Freight, New Penn, USF Glenmoore, USF Reddaway, etc...) ? ESPECIALLY since they used OUR dues to organize these companies & these companies do absolutely nothing to sure up our pension, healh & wefare, & benefits. I understand these white paper companies need protection, better pay & bennies & I may sound piggish, but this was our money, time & efffort used to organize these companies & we get nothing in return? The old saying "United We Stand, Divided We Fall" we haven't just fell we're being trampled on!

This regime will be here until 1 of them dies or retires, nobody is gonna beat them in an election that is run by them, they hold all the cards & their not giving them up!!! We have a better chance at finding Osama, then we do cooing this empire. Go ahead & beat me up on this posting, i don't care, BUT before you do; Tell me 1 thing this empire has done to better us as a whole? & i'm not talking the other Teamster divisions, i'm talking us!! the ones under this YRC Agreement (A.K.A. NMFA)

FOR SALE: Teamster Freight Division, contact the CEO's @ YRC/Teamsters for details

EXCELLENT post. Could not have been said better.:clap::1036316054: