FedEx Freight | The Union Debate Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shortcuts? ????????? I believe that "shortcut" to prosperity was greatly enhanced when you inherited daddy's estate. Don't you think runaway hypocrite?
My Father taught me to live a simple life. He always told me to be temperate in my habits. Avoid self-seeking and selfishness. Make simplicity the keynote of your daily plans. Simple things are best he always said. I can still hear him say spend less than you earn. This may be difficult but it pays big dividends. Keep out of debt. Cultivate frugality, prudence, and self-denial. Avoid extravagance. Think constructively. Train yourself to think clearly and accurately. Store your mind with useful thoughts. Stand porter at the door of your mind. Be grateful. Begin the day with gratitude for your opportunities and blessings. Be glad for the privilege of life and work. Give generously. There is no greater joy in life than to render happiness to others by means of intelligent giving. Work with the right motives. The highest purpose of your life should be to grow in spiritual grace and power. Be interested in others. Direct your mind from self-centeredness. In the degree that you give, serve, and help. The by-product will be happiness. He always told me to have a hobby. To cultivate an avocation to which you can turn to for diversion and relaxation. I have what I have today because what I was taught. Not what I was given in a monetary way.

It doesn't take long for someone to look through your posts and see your not here to debate. When is the last time you actually proved anything you say to be fact like posting a link to prove what you say is true? I haven't seen 1 post of this the only thing you post is personal opinions.
And your post so many facts!! I'm still waiting on my list of lies, after all you're the one who said I was "telling nothing but lies"

Well you don't want a union why don't you go to one of the non union carriers in your area. The majority voted it in at CLT so I would tell you and red who don't agree to find employment else where or transfer. On your merit less claim the teamsters can not tell fed ex how to run their buisness so you claiming they will make fed ex have shorter runs is bs. So explain how production would go down? Man red needs to recruit some people who know how this process works. Btw welcome to tb.
Well you don't want a union why don't you go to one of the non union carriers in your area. The majority voted it in at CLT so I would tell you and red who don't agree to find employment else where or transfer. On your merit less claim the teamsters can not tell fed ex how to run their buisness so you claiming they will make fed ex have shorter runs is bs. So explain how production would go down? Man red needs to recruit some people who know how this process works. Btw welcome to tb.
I do work for a nonunion carrier. As I figured you don't have a clue to what the union mission is less work more workers. You really should be more informed on the the organization you think is so great. Instead of sparing on here do a little research. Take a little responsible for your own life, don't expect someone to give you all that you want just because you want it. I taught my kids that at a young age. I do understand though when you listen to the news nowadays the government gives you those silly ideas. To my other thought I guess there are no better jobs up there or you would be naming them off. I like my job and i am thankful for it. Guess that makes me a schmuck.

I do work for a nonunion carrier. As I figured you don't have a clue to what the union mission is less work more workers. You really should be more informed on the the organization you think is so great. Instead of sparing on here do a little research. Take a little responsible for your own life, don't expect someone to give you all that you want just because you want it. I taught my kids that at a young age. I do understand though when you listen to the news nowadays the government gives you those silly ideas. To my other thought I guess there are no better jobs up there or you would be naming them off. I like my job and i am thankful for it. Guess that makes me a schmuck.

You'll figure out pretty quick you're wasting your time with him.

Another fine post by someone who has no clue as to the union's mission.
You son should heed your own words and be more informed.

Actually the "majority" did not vote yes, there where 223 eligible drivers, 110 voted yes that's not the majority. So if some of the pro union flipped as Red says then the "majority" may be against the movement as he suggests. But that doesn't fit your narrative now does it?

Wrong you along with red do not understand the rules of an nlrb election. If you don't vote you don't count.

And you should get informed on how the process works the union can not tell a business how to run it's day to day operations. You work fed ex in clt your co-workers voted the union in if you don't like it move on.

Maybe you should give facts instead of mis information you would more support for the anti union bunch.
What facts? The fact is union membership is taking a dump. There members are being told they can't pay their pensions because they robbed them.Companies with unions are going out of business because people like you ask for more than the company can afford. You all love to use brown as a comparison but the big part of that company does something other than us. They compete with our sisters company. They set their rates as they want. We on the other hand have to compete with many carriers. Can't set our rates way above everyone else's so they can meet your demands. Let's do some math more money has to come in then go out. Spend more than you take in, no jobs for you and me. It's math, but I'm sure if you had or were willing to start a company you would let the employees tell you how much to pay them, and why not give them all the best benefits, three day work week,on and on. What gives you the right to tell the company that gave you a job how to do it's business. When you say that the union doesn't tell a company how to run it's business that's crap when employees strike they are trying to force their will on the employer hence telling them what to do. I know I won't change your mind you won't change mine, Now I will say with all those great rebuttals you give I see that big title wave coming. You might want to take your own advice.

What facts? The fact is union membership is taking a dump. There members are being told they can't pay their pensions because they robbed them.Companies with unions are going out of business because people like you ask for more than the company can afford. You all love to use brown as a comparison but the big part of that company does something other than us. They compete with our sisters company. They set their rates as they want. We on the other hand have to compete with many carriers. Can't set our rates way above everyone else's so they can meet your demands. Let's do some math more money has to come in then go out. Spend more than you take in, no jobs for you and me. It's math, but I'm sure if you had or were willing to start a company you would let the employees tell you how much to pay them, and why not give them all the best benefits, three day work week,on and on. What gives you the right to tell the company that gave you a job how to do it's business. When you say that the union doesn't tell a company how to run it's business that's crap when employees strike they are trying to force their will on the employer hence telling them what to do. I know I won't change your mind you won't change mine, Now I will say with all those great rebuttals you give I see that big title wave coming. You might want to take your own advice.

Well what gives that same company the right to diminish our benefits package while making record profits. You act like fed ex is broke apapparently you need to pay closer attention to the actual numbers. I don't remember sining up for a diminising benefits package you give the union companies hell but we have lost alot more over the years than any of those companies.

When you say that the union doesn't tell a company how to run it's business that's crap when employees strike they are trying to force their will on the employer hence telling them what to do.
The union also tells them to take a pay cut in both their rate of pay and their pensions as well. It's either that or watch their company file bankruptcy. The problem is no leverage and Hoffa's lack of leadership. He is more concerned with himself and his cronies than he is for his members. Just go on YRC's and ABF's forums to read all about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.