TForce | The wage increases for 2023 contract

You can’t even compare the two. That’s apples and oranges, UPS wasn’t even trying to run a company.

Where’s the COLA agreement?!!

Actually compare is all you can do, otherwise how do you evaluate the contents .
It is like the new holiday on martin Luther king's birthday and the increase of 2 paid sick days .
It is 3 more paid days off compared too the past contracts. That is 800.00 for no work. Which is better than a raise, since it requires me to be at home and get paid. đź‘Ť

Where’s Juneteenth…? Where is the cost of living agreemen
The union just negotiated an extra holiday and two extra sick days in your complaining that you want another?
What about Cinco de Mayo, President's Day, St Patrick's Day, Columbus day? I guess you'll have to use a paid day off for those days if the are important to you

Sorry 5 year wage increase is 14.7 % did my math wrong.
In 2028 that would still put us $5 under rate for standard cost of living increases, what happens if Biden Economics gets another 4 years?!!

Your jumping up and down over this raise like it’s a big win, we were under water to begin with…

The union just negotiated an extra holiday and two extra sick days in your complaining that you want another?
What about Cinco de Mayo, President's Day, St Patrick's Day, Columbus day? I guess you'll have to use a paid day off for those days if the are important to you
If it’s good enough for a Federal Holiday, it’s good enough for us. But if your content with substandard contracts…..

Sorry 5 year wage increase is 14.7 % did my math wrong.
So are we getting 5.20 or 4.50 over 5 years? 1.70 first year and 0.70 every January after comes out to 5.20. Some people are saying it's 1.70 up front and the next raise will be January 2025. If that's the case, it would be 4.50 over 5 years.

So are we getting 5.20 or 4.50 over 5 years? 1.70 first year and 0.70 every January after comes out to 5.20. Some people are saying it's 1.70 up front and the next raise will be January 2025. If that's the case, it would be 4.50 over 5 years.
It is 4.50

In 2028 that would still put us $5 under rate for standard cost of living increases, what happens if Biden Economics gets another 4 years?!!

Your jumping up and down over this raise like it’s a big win, we were under water to begin with…
There is no healthcare increase . It is all a balance. In 2024 healthcare costs are projected to increase 7% while inflation has slowly been going down below 4% since it's height during the pandemic..

Last edited:
The 80% people who are making $20-$24/hour are about to get an $8-$12/hour raise which comes out to like 15k-25k base annual raise. I’m good with no increase until year 4 on pension and no cuts on insurance until year 4 for all those guys to get bumped up to that.

Once again we see who has no grasp of math, or even the most basic of economics.
5.5% now is insulting, but
14.7% raise over the next handful of years is pathetic.
Since you have no concept of how poor this is, I'll explain it.
5yrs from now, you will be making LESS than you are today.

"BuT hoW caN THat Beee?? My DolLArz pEr hoUR will Be hIGher!!"

Correct, and dispite that figure, you will have significantly less buying power in 2028.

Do any of you realize that's barely $5 over the next 4 or so years? You need a 10% raise NOW, and 20% over the next 4yrs just to keep pace. That's not even near good, just adequate.

Never ceases to amaze me at the celebrating over $1.80hr.

Once again we see who has no grasp of math, or even the most basic of economics.

Correct, and dispite that figure, you will have significantly less buying power in 2028.

Do any of you realize that's barely $5 over the next 4 or so years? You need a 10% raise NOW, and 20% over the next 4yrs just to keep pace. That's not even near good, just adequate.

I've never been one to not jam my thumb in managements eye when I had good reason too, but I find it difficult to fault TFI for the crappy deal we got under UPS.
14.7% is relatively decent for an initial contract. If UPS would have given comparable increases over the past 3 contracts that would be in excess of 55% over 20 years. Maybe I am softening in my golden years, but I find it hard to expect TFI to make that up in one shot.
I would have demanded a COLA in a progressive curve over the life of the deal.
I also would have liked to see a 3-year deal that addressed the financial state of the company in the future.
Nobody can predict what lies 5 years down the road, just look at the last 3 years.

You conveniently forget that healthcare costs go up higher than the rate of inflation and our costs are not going up.
We also have a pension that doesn't cost us anything out of our salary. Unlike a 401k.
Everything is a balance.
If you want to higher salary go work for a company that pays a higher salary.
If you want great healthcare at a low cost and a pension work at t Force.

There are three things that are added into the total when it comes to the economic part of a contract.
Salary ,healthcare and retirement.
The tforce salary and benefits package total is as good or better than any other companies.
You may make a higher salary at one of the non-union companies. You will be paying out the ass for your health care coverage and you will have no pension. Nor will you be paid overtime after 8 hours

Last edited: