TForce | The wage increases for 2023 contract

The 80% people who are making $20-$24/hour are about to get an $8-$12/hour raise which comes out to like 15k-25k base annual raise. I’m good with no increase until year 4 on pension and no cuts on insurance until year 4 for all those guys to get bumped up to
I've never been one to not jam my thumb in managements eye when I had good reason too, but I find it difficult to fault TFI for the crappy deal we got under UPS.
14.7% is relatively decent for an initial contract. If UPS would have given comparable increases over the past 3 contracts that would be in excess of 55% over 20 years. Maybe I am softening in my golden years, but I find it hard to expect TFI to make that up in one shot.
I would have demanded a COLA in a progressive curve over the life of the deal.
I also would have liked to see a 3-year deal that addressed the financial state of the company in the future.
Nobody can predict what lies 5 years down the road, just look at the last 3 years.
I heard from the union when we got our 1st contract with UPS…” this is our 1st contract with UPS the next will be better “ still waiting!