Through No Fault Of Their Own!

Here is an article from Forbes that disavows about half of the things you wrote... in particular CS had a government appointed fund manager...and tax laws regarding overfunding.....I also like how every chance you get you suck up to UPS....kind of like how bubba (you) always has...deregulation was good for the consumer because the trucking companies dont have to properly compensate drivers so they can pass some of the savings off to consumers and put a lot of cash in their own pockets.... https://www.forbes.com/sites/ebauer...es-pension-plans-tale-of-woe/?sh=1e60b9ee6c10.
He's back, and hiding under a Biden/Harris 2020 banner. Pretty pathetic there Bubba.

The government made sure CSPF wasn't being used as organized crimes bank. They were not involved with the decisions on whether to invest in GE or Ford. According to the GAO the wall street bankers did a good job with investments.
However you want to spin this it is GOVERNMENT appointed....they have some responsibility for that decision....and who picked the wall street bankers? why that would be the fund manager genius...

Ask SNOTGRASS.
Now I thought you would try to keep things civil here...but birds of a feather you know....

The government made sure CSPF wasn't being used as organized crimes bank. They were not involved with the decisions on whether to invest in GE or Ford. According to the GAO the wall street bankers did a good job with investments.
Yes they sure did and that's why all of these funds are in the condition that they are in. Wall Street reaped the benefits and pensioners got what was left with :crap:. A better avatar for you to use would have been Hersey Highway because all you spew is :crap:. Go find another hobby.:9529::fingure:

So what you are saying is a "fund manager" doesn't make investment decisions????? Wow you are quite the verbal gymnast...

Teamster pension funds have always operated as being self insured, the government laws reflect the Unions wishes.
This has got to be one of the dumbest lines you have ever written.....the government writes the laws not the union...if the government did write the law as the union wanted, then the government is still at fault....and when they saw problems over ten years ago they should have taken action with the appointed fund manager.... its funny what you say about the funds should be just left to die...I bet you and others would have a different opinion if the scenario was like this....lets say you are ten years from retirement... you have had money taken out of your wages for several years.......the funds and everyone else knows they are going to be bankrupt before you retire but yet you are still forced to give that money to them....you get nothing....even though in my case I would have given the fund 600k....is that fair? I'm not in CS as you know but it could just as easily be me...

Do you have a link for these claims? Not that I think you like to lie or anything.... well actually because I do think that...
Sad you feel the need to call me a liar. Even sadder you delete my post and your reply.

To your post above;
I replied; ask snotgrass.
you replied; now i thought you would try to keep things civil here.......but birds of a feather you know.

from; yellow; pension really fixed, not so sure,
you replied to snotgrass, post#26, pension problems? not anymore.....you remind me of someone.....

It is obvious you know snotgrass the most knowledgeable UPS driver on TB. That is why I told you to ask snotgrass.

The 64 thousand dollar question is why did you call me a liar? Why did you delete my post and your reply?

If you are PRO HOFFA and don't like snotgrass just come out and say it.

Sad you feel the need to call me a liar. Even sadder you delete my post and your reply.

To your post above;
I replied; ask snotgrass.
you replied; now i thought you would try to keep things civil here.......but birds of a feather you know.

from; yellow; pension really fixed, not so sure,
you replied to snotgrass, post#26, pension problems? not anymore.....you remind me of someone.....

It is obvious you know snotgrass the most knowledgeable UPS driver on TB. That is why I told you to ask snotgrass.

The 64 thousand dollar question is why did you call me a liar? Why did you delete my post and your reply?

If you are PRO HOFFA and don't like snotgrass just come out and say it.
Wrong again snotgrass doesn't work for ups...he was just saying that....because you are a liar would be the reason I said that....you made up a new name..... because you are dishonest, when you were told what to do to come back the right way...but you didnt do that...not pro Hoffa at all I don't know where you come up with this...if you are thinking that I think you and snotgrass are the same guy you have struck out because I don't....and my reply is still there...

Wrong again snotgrass doesn't work for ups...he was just saying that....because you are a liar would be the reason I said that....you made up a new name..... because you are dishonest, when you were told what to do to come back the right way...but you didnt do that...not pro Hoffa at all I don't know where you come up with this...if you are thinking that I think you and snotgrass are the same guy you have struck out because I don't....and my reply is still there...
That's right he dose not work for UPS as he is now a Teamster official.

Don't you guys make Bubba mad, I still need his tax dollars to help with my check!
Yes they sure did and that's why all of these funds are in the condition that they are in. Wall Street reaped the benefits and pensioners got what was left with :crap:. A better avatar for you to use would have been Hersey Highway because all you spew is :crap:. Go find another hobby.:9529::fingure:
Go easy on Bubba Roady, remember she's help funding my pension.

The government is the ones that set the rules for how the pensions operate that the funds must follow. The government is also the ones that deregulated freight back in 1980 that was the start of this whole mess. So, the government has had plenty of time to help figure out a way to prevent this bail out that was eventually needed to restore the underfunded pensions. The various funds in a lot of cases did make some poor investment decisions, but with the deregulation and then the government oversight of the various MEPF, government bares as much blame if not more than the funds do. Around 1998, I remember that the Central States Pension Fund was very well funded. If I remember correctly, it was funded at over 90%. The fund decided to do higher payouts to get this number below the 90% to avoid additional taxes and the government did not object. The fund also changed the rules by adding the 25 and out at any age to help get the funding under the 90% mark for tax purposes and the government did not object. As the fund (Central States) was under government oversight and had to follow the governments rules, why did they not object to these changes to keep the fund well funded?
The government requires me to follow their rules, pay fees and taxes on my income. Using your logic, the government should guarantee me the money to pay those taxes, pay car insurance and buy license plates.

The government requires me to follow their rules, pay fees and taxes on my income. Using your logic, the government should guarantee me the money to pay those taxes, pay car insurance and buy license plates.
You of all people should not use the word logic. Using your logic, we are all over paid and don't deserve a good pension when we retire. You have stated before that the pension fund should not have been rescued with the Butch Lewis Act and been allowed to go bankrupt. Yet you have no problem drawing your pension that you feel you earned for your 30 years of working under a Teamster contact. Five of those years I might add, that you earned with Yellow under the 2% rule. Take your message somewhere else Hypocretes. No one here wants to hear your logic.

Last edited:
You of all people should not use the word logic. Using your logic, we are all over paid and don't deserve a good pension when we retire. You have stated before that the pension fund should not have been rescued with the Butch Lewis Act and been allowed to go bankrupt. Yet you have no problem drawing your pension that you feel you earned for your 30 years of working under a Teamster contact. Five of those years I might add, that you earned with Yellow under the 2% rule. Take your message somewhere else Hypocretes. No one here wants to hear your logic.
I have no problem seeing my pension disappear because of bad management by the trustees and investment companies. Instead of being bailed out with taxpayer dollars borrowed from China, the trustees and actuaries should be held accountable.
The job of government is to provide a stable environment for business. The American government is not stable. The rules change with every election. Corporations will not invest in The United States if they don't know what the rules, regulations and tax rates are going to be after the next election in two years.
Business is where the jobs are. Business should be free to invest in research and development. Business should have capital to invest in plants and equipment. There should be no corporate income tax. There should be no income tax at all. Taxing income might have been a good idea in 1913 but it doesn't work today. The income tax should be replaced by a national sales tax that everyone pays. You spend you pay. The wealthy spend more and pay more but everyone contributes something. No more under the table, untaxed income.
Pension funds and unions are big business. There is no success if there is no chance of failure. The banks should have been allowed to fail. General Motors should have been allowed to fail, YRC should be allowed to fail and pension funds should be allowed to fail. The federal farm bill is 100 billion a year in welfare for farmers and should end. Government bailouts weaken the economy and cost jobs. The free market works.

I have no problem seeing my pension disappear because of bad management by the trustees and investment companies. Instead of being bailed out with taxpayer dollars borrowed from China, the trustees and actuaries should be held accountable.
The job of government is to provide a stable environment for business. The American government is not stable. The rules change with every election. Corporations will not invest in The United States if they don't know what the rules, regulations and tax rates are going to be after the next election in two years.
Business is where the jobs are. Business should be free to invest in research and development. Business should have capital to invest in plants and equipment. There should be no corporate income tax. There should be no income tax at all. Taxing income might have been a good idea in 1913 but it doesn't work today. The income tax should be replaced by a national sales tax that everyone pays. You spend you pay. The wealthy spend more and pay more but everyone contributes something. No more under the table, untaxed income.
Pension funds and unions are big business. There is no success if there is no chance of failure. The banks should have been allowed to fail. General Motors should have been allowed to fail, YRC should be allowed to fail and pension funds should be allowed to fail. The federal farm bill is 100 billion a year in welfare for farmers and should end. Government bailouts weaken the economy and cost jobs. The free market works.
Apparently, you have been traveling to other countries trying to find the perfect place to live. I sure hope you find it as you obviously hate being here in the USA. But, I also hope that perfect place has no internet so we don't have to hear your rhetoric.

Apparently, you have been traveling to other countries trying to find the perfect place to live. I sure hope you find it as you obviously hate being here in the USA. But, I also hope that perfect place has no internet so we don't have to hear your rhetoric.
Rock, we raised money for a bus ride, don't see why we can't fund a boat or plane ticket.

Mr. Blade I have said it before last time you said this....I agree with you about a national sales tax, that is a good idea....so I must ask the question, what have you done about it? Talking about it on TB isn't an answer either. When Butch Lewis was on the table I called my senators and congressman's office. I'm being serious when I tell you I like it though. I dont agree with you about the saving of pensions....your opinion still smacks of the I got mine screw the rest of you.....I do admit that I enjoy the verbal sparring with you as opposed to a couple of others for 2 reasons. One .....even though I believe you are wrong, at least you defend your position not with lies but what you believe is right or honest. Two.... you stay civil and i thank you for that.....

Sounds a lot like the thoughts of Friedrich Nietzsche (1844-1900) and his ideas about the roll of government in modern society. And a person much respected, admired, studied and quoted by Adolf (ಠ▄ಠ). Not to mention Laissez-faire has led to some of the worse loss of life in workplace accidents in history.

Sounds a lot like the thoughts of Friedrich Nietzsche (1844-1900) and his ideas about the roll of government in modern society. And a person much respected, admired, studied and quoted by Adolf (ಠ▄ಠ). Not to mention Laissez-faire has led to some of the worse loss of life in workplace accidents in history.
Damn....I have no idea who F. Nietzsche is...can you please give a brief explanation of his ideas...thanks...