Holland | Time To Think

think of it this way, if youve been here nearly 25 years, you would have worked nearly the last half of your career here with either no pension or only 25%. yet you gave 100% everyday. why would you let these people steam roll you until the end ? Dont you have any dignity or is it just that you want those extra 5 days pay ? If you want the pay Ill give it you. But this contract is simply pure dogshit

Number 1.the money isn't there for the pension.

Number 2 .even if there was it would be throwing it into a fiery pit.

Number 3.The pension was failed long before they cut payments .

Number 4.Im hoping for a couple billion dollar loan at low interest. Maybe from Bezos, or Zuckenberg. ( lol).

At that point I would be pressing for more pension contributions as long as 68% of them weren't going towards people that never worked for us as they currently are.

Number 5.most of us have more dignity working at a union job we enjoy.

Number 6 is a repeat..full contributions will not save this pension ..why do you want more put in it?

Last edited:
The banks aren't gonna let this company close!! They sold everything years ago there's nothing to sell off to gain any of their losses back. The banks would just take the company from the **** poor management that is YRCW and run it themselves. You'll think you're getting back when contractors are hauling our freight while our drivers are at the house.
I'm not afraid!! Long ago when unions we're formed those men weren't scared either to lose their jobs fighting for their families and their fellow brothers.

You are so wrong about the banks.Thats the problem,to m
I would actually prefer a matching 401k...
Me Too..

The banks aren't gonna let this company close!! They sold everything years ago there's nothing to sell off to gain any of their losses back. The banks would just take the company from the **** poor management that is YRCW and run it themselves. You'll think you're getting back when contractors are hauling our freight while our drivers are at the house.

YRC is not worth anything, the banks would sell the rolling stock and get what they can.
If this even passes is there enough $$$ at YRC to pay the raise. @ $1.00 per hour x 25,000 employees that's over $200,000 per day prior to any additional overtime and or benefit costs. YRC boats they have the lowest paid workforce in the industry thus can undercut anyone's rates. This changes their strategy, big time...

My point is I would not worry about the banks, the company is worthless. If the banks feel that default is imminent, watch out..

The pension should have been the most critical issue in this negotiation. However it was never even addressed. Why???

YRC is not worth anything, the banks would sell the rolling stock and get what they can.
If this even passes is there enough $$$ at YRC to pay the raise. @ $1.00 per hour x 25,000 employees that's over $200,000 per day prior to any additional overtime and or benefit costs. YRC boats they have the lowest paid workforce in the industry thus can undercut anyone's rates. This changes their strategy, big time...

My point is I would not worry about the banks, the company is worthless. If the banks feel that default is imminent, watch out..

The pension should have been the most critical issue in this negotiation. However it was never even addressed. Why???

You mean, not even worth "Moosetits"?

The banks? The share holders will be the only ones getting anything from the stock as far as I know. They may make out very well if they have those bs credit default swaps.

I assume when you say banks you mean lenders,they get the interest and the assets in liquidation. They have probably invested in credit default swaps as well.

YRC boats they have the lowest paid workforce in the industry thus can undercut anyone's rates. This changes their strategy, big time...

Factually false.Where do you come up with this ? The company has never said that.
Also it's not true.Does anyone do the math on the $480.00 / week the company pays every employee, every week for their health and welfare?
If anyone thought we were the lowest paid they would be fools to stay.

I agree.Its bs to let this fiasco continue. There is no fix except for a massive low interest loan,
a bailout or massive cuts for those already retired. For Holland, 68% of the money they contribute goes towards people that never worked for them.This was 7 or so years ago I don't know the percentage today.
How do we fix that crap?

[QUOTE="falconfan, post: 1364775, member: 3487

Factually false.Where do you come up with this ? The company has never said that.
Also it's not true.Does anyone do the math on the $480.00 / week the company pays every employee, every week for their health and welfare?

[/QUOTE]

Falconfan, the other companies pay for the same things. I don't know how much but they do pay it.

It would be wise if you and many others study up on different bankruptcy laws and classification. Certain classes are a good thing for a business to reduce high interest loan rates. They still pay obligated funds borrowed but at a court negotiated lower rate. This happens every day. Not every thing is bad, sometimes just bad name.

[QUOTE="falconfan, post: 1364775, member: 3487

Falconfan, the other companies pay for the same things. I don't know how much but they do pay it.[/QUOTE]

Most of them probably pay a couple hundred less per employee per week..my guess .They certainly don't pay nearly as much for insurance.
Most of them offer a 4 to 4 1/2 % matching 401k.At 70k per year a 4% match is 2800 bucks.
At 80 bucks per week for pension our company pay $ 4160 per year .That is going up too.

Falconfan, the other companies pay for the same things. I don't know how much but they do pay it.

Most of them probably pay a couple hundred less per employee per week..my guess .They certainly don't pay nearly as much for insurance.
Most of them offer a 4 to 4 1/2 % matching 401k.At 70k per year a 4% match is 2800 bucks.
At 80 bucks per week for pension our company pay $ 4160 per year .That is going up too.[/QUOTE]
I can tell you at OD they put over $10,000 in my 401k last year. We have a guaranteed match then at the end of the year we have a discretionary match which is basically a profit sharing bonus.

At 80 bucks per week for pension our company pay $ 4160 per year .That is going up too.
I can tell you at OD they put over $10,000 in my 401k last year. We have a guaranteed match then at the end of the year we have a discretionary match which is basically a profit sharing bonus.[/QUOTE]

How much is your match?
Just curious if you don’t mind, how much is your max out of pocket per year.
Look I am not comparing jobs ,I think they are all good.
OD pays a great hourly rate with no overtime pay.They are also healthy and that security means a lot cause we sure ain’t got that.

I can tell you at OD they put over $10,000 in my 401k last year. We have a guaranteed match then at the end of the year we have a discretionary match which is basically a profit sharing bonus.

How much is your match?
OD pays a great hourly rate with no overtime pay.They are also healthy and that security means a lot cause we sure ain’t got that.[/QUOTE]
I'm linehaul so I'm rarely on the clock. My guaranteed match is 30% on the first 6%. This year the match came out to $1.07 for the first 6%. My insurance medical for me and my children is $55.00 a week. No annual deductible, $25 copays. My maximum out of pocket is $5,000. My total compensation package puts me north of $135,000 for the year with wages, retirement, insurance.

How much is your match?
OD pays a great hourly rate with no overtime pay.They are also healthy and that security means a lot cause we sure ain’t got that.
I'm linehaul so I'm rarely on the clock. My guaranteed match is 30% on the first 6%. This year the match came out to $1.07 for the first 6%. My insurance medical for me and my children is $55.00 a week. No annual deductible, $25 copays. My maximum out of pocket is $5,000. My total compensation package puts me north of $135,000 for the year with wages, retirement, insurance.[/QUOTE]

I sure wish I could handle driving at night.It seem like haul with LTL do very well.Much better than city but there is a reason..they deserve it.

If you make $115,000.00 per year and put in 6% ($6900.00) the company matches 30% of that ($2070.00) if I’m understanding correctly.
The bummer where I’m at is the company pays $4160.00 into a worthless pension..or at least it will be when I go.If it were in a 401k I think we would be more competitive.
Just think if ABF had their 320 plus dollars going into a 401 k weekly where they would be in 20 years.With no contributions out of pocket.

With your out of pocket and weekly payments for insurance I guess our line haul would have to knock down around$101,000.00 to $105,000.00 per year with $26000.00 in annual benefits.$400.00/week insurance and $80.00/ week pension.
Thank you for responding.

I'm linehaul so I'm rarely on the clock. My guaranteed match is 30% on the first 6%. This year the match came out to $1.07 for the first 6%. My insurance medical for me and my children is $55.00 a week. No annual deductible, $25 copays. My maximum out of pocket is $5,000. My total compensation package puts me north of $135,000 for the year with wages, retirement, insurance.

I sure wish I could handle driving at night.It seem like haul with LTL do very well.Much better than city but there is a reason..they deserve it.

If you make $115,000.00 per year and put in 6% ($6900.00) the company matches 30% of that ($2070.00) if I’m understanding correctly.
The bummer where I’m at is the company pays $4160.00 into a worthless pension..or at least it will be when I go.If it were in a 401k I think we would be more competitive.
Just think if ABF had their 320 plus dollars going into a 401 k weekly where they would be in 20 years.With no contributions out of pocket.

With your out of pocket and weekly payments for insurance I guess our line haul would have to knock down around$101,000.00 to $105,000.00 per year with $26000.00 in annual benefits.$400.00/week insurance and $80.00/ week pension.
Thank you for responding.[/QUOTE]
No problem sir. Sometimes I get a little frustrated when I see the non-union guys getting called "scabs" and how we're getting screwed over by our employers. I can speak for myself and say I love where I work and how I'm treated.

Last edited:

Thank you for responding.[/QUOTE]
Central Pennsylvania teamsters fund had a plan similar to 401k it was called the Rip plan of 1987 until 2009. We had a guy just retired with $447,000 in the Rip & also getting $2,200 a month in the new Defined plan....

Thank you for responding.
Central Pennsylvania teamsters fund had a plan similar to 401k it was called the Rip plan of 1987 until 2009. We had a guy just retired with $447,000 in the Rip & also getting $2,200 a month in the new Defined plan....[/QUOTE]

That is super sweet.Central States is gut wrenching.I try not to dwell on it.
It’s a shame they haven’t done something about it for the betterment of everyone.

Central Pennsylvania teamsters fund had a plan similar to 401k it was called the Rip plan of 1987 until 2009. We had a guy just retired with $447,000 in the Rip & also getting $2,200 a month in the new Defined plan....

It’s a shame they haven’t done something about it for the betterment of everyone.[/QUOTE]
It’s horrible, & our union officials still getting two & three pension’s from membership dues is wrong. Central states elected officials should share equal sacrifice....

It’s a shame they haven’t done something about it for the betterment of everyone.
It’s horrible, & our union officials still getting two & three pension’s from membership dues is wrong. Central states elected officials should share equal sacrifice....[/QUOTE]
E X A C T L Y !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
here is western..
BsQubph.jpg