XPO | To many vans

cobraboy

TB Lurker
Credits
Im seeing more and more vans every night. Its not just CFI now its Covonent,U.S. express,CRST,Warner just to name a few. I counted 16 in my barn last night, While the bottom eight night line haul drivers arnt running. Whats going on here?? Conway is taking food off of my table and putting it on these van drivers table. Thats just WRONG!!

Im seeing more and more vans every night. Its not just CFI now its Covonent,U.S. express,CRST,Warner just to name a few. I counted 16 in my barn last night, While the bottom eight night line haul drivers arnt running. Whats going on here?? Conway is taking food off of my table and putting it on these van drivers table. Thats just WRONG!!

It does save money and make some business sense, but it kills morale. Moving up at my barn is like chasing ghosts. Every time we start getting more day lanes, another van bumps our dock. When our 2-day gets heavy, another van hits a dock at an FAC and that freight bypasses us.

US Express is the only one who pulls out of our place and they miss service quite a bit from what I have seen. I would love to know the on-time percentage of the freight on these outside carriers, versus the freight that only rides in Conway trailers.

Well according to some other members of this board you should just do your job & not worry about what others are doing (I'll try not to mention names).

It is a sad state to see drivers sit while someone else gets their work. I bet we also will not see a reflection of those profits on our ICP checks.

If we keep outsourcing our work we could end up in the same situation as the big 3 are in now.

We are watching that real close here...my tm says mty miles are extremely expensive, and the only vans are running against what would be mty miles...and only in lanes where the problem is chronic...I get it, don't like it, but I get it..we have 2-3 guys sitting here every night until vacations heat up, and 30+ vans in our yard this morning...we used to get an England every day from socal, but I guess we fired them because of....you guessed it, BAD SERVICE...somebody got smart somewhere..haven't seen it against the dock when I get back in over 2 weeks...fos told me their talents were made available to the industry..

We are watching that real close here...my tm says mty miles are extremely expensive, and the only vans are running against what would be mty miles...and only in lanes where the problem is chronic...I get it, don't like it, but I get it..we have 2-3 guys sitting here every night until vacations heat up, and 30+ vans in our yard this morning...we used to get an England every day from socal, but I guess we fired them because of....you guessed it, BAD SERVICE...somebody got smart somewhere..haven't seen it against the dock when I get back in over 2 weeks...fos told me their talents were made available to the industry..
We have a ton of vans in and out everyday. The odd-side of the dock looks like a CFI yard. Dave M. said a few weeks ago that only 10% of the freight (I think that was the number) moves on Sub-Service vans. It was on a DVD show. Anybody remember?

We have a ton of vans in and out everyday. The odd-side of the dock looks like a CFI yard. Dave M. said a few weeks ago that only 10% of the freight (I think that was the number) moves on Sub-Service vans. It was on a DVD show. Anybody remember?
I think it would be closer to 30% on sub service. We have a bunch of vans daily and on the lane I usually run there has been a dramatic increase in CFI's. Over the last couple of months I have been seeing these in places I have never seen them before. It's all about the money and as long as we are driven by greed or a need to make a good show for investors and to top it all off these folks haul it for next to nothing it ain't gonna get any better.:chairshot:

I think it would be closer to 30% on sub service. We have a bunch of vans daily and on the lane I usually run there has been a dramatic increase in CFI's. Over the last couple of months I have been seeing these in places I have never seen them before. It's all about the money and as long as we are driven by greed or a need to make a good show for investors and to top it all off these folks haul it for next to nothing it ain't gonna get any better.:chairshot:
You folks consolidate a lot of the freight for the West Coast. Ive never been to your place but I bet you have a ton of CFI vans.

I'm with you.. I get it but don't like it. Out here though, they run both ways. For instance, at XLF a van comes from XMP every night. Another van is loaded from XLF to XMP. I believe Milton and Hagerstown do the same thing.

hi cobra get used to it, cnwy could care less about your pay or the food or the lack of @ they definately could care less about the 4 letter morale word and it all starts at the very top my friend (SORRY)

Ya i know Conway doesnt care about me or my family and i share the same feelings for them,Im not a company guy by a long shot. I just do my job and go home,I do not bleed blue! Anyhow i was talking to a guy last night on my dock (another night without a run,Thats four in a row now but whos counting. Lol) and he said in his barn the TM was asking conway drivers if they would like to drive for CFI,Whats up with that?? Im thinking conway has plans for CFI maybe painting the sleeper trucks our colors and calling it conway truckload and putting conway drivers behind the wheel. Just a thought but then again im probebly wrong.LOL

well, con-way driver will be supplying the drivers for truckload.since they dont have doubles or hazmat endorsements, we will man their equipment,to lower our cost and keep them running .

Gee, I guess what happen in years gone by is starting all over again. Same game, just different players. Where have I heard that before?

Ya i know Conway doesnt care about me or my family and i share the same feelings for them,Im not a company guy by a long shot. I just do my job and go home,I do not bleed blue! Anyhow i was talking to a guy last night on my dock (another night without a run,Thats four in a row now but whos counting. Lol) and he said in his barn the TM was asking conway drivers if they would like to drive for CFI,Whats up with that?? Im thinking conway has plans for CFI maybe painting the sleeper trucks our colors and calling it conway truckload and putting conway drivers behind the wheel. Just a thought but then again im probebly wrong.LOL
I have already seen sleepers painted your colors with Con-Way Truckload on the door! :1036316054:

we had that meeting a few weeks back...they said we could apply to truckload and they could apply to freight...no special favors, just a new policy...

hi cobra get used to it, cnwy could care less about your pay or the food or the lack of @ they definately could care less about the 4 letter morale word and it all starts at the very top my friend (SORRY)

I think Dave M had a bad childhood and is now in need a a huge hug...maybe if he got his big hug he would stop everything like it is and put it back the way it used to be...:hysterical:

Talked to day L/H driver.They run XMI.When the get there it is not un-common for them to see 10 to 15 otr trucks sitting against the fence waiting for loads to go west.It also appears the dsrs sit waiting sometimes for hours for the loads to show up from the west.They say its because they are loading more freight into vans at xay(?) to go east and bypass all the day lanes?They used toi run 20-25 dlh runs now they are lucky to see 15.