Yellow | Tomorrow’s earnings call

Either we will get bought out after the pension liability is lifted or we will be in bankruptcy by end of year.
Hope them Jet skis full of holes didn’t tribute to these numbers

Maybe I better take money and put in the S&P and be done with it. They did about .60 cents worse than the stock people estimate.

I think the point he was trying to make was that other carriers turned in record profits while we posted big losses while playing on the same field
We play with ourselves on our own field.
And, yes, I meant to word it that way.
We’re the problem child in elementary school sitting either by the teachers desk or in the back of the room that never gets expelled.

We play with ourselves on our own field.
And, yes, I meant to word it that way.
We’re the problem child in elementary school sitting either by the teachers desk or in the back of the room that never gets expelled.
The bastard child?

Ist quarter last year 136 million on PTs 200 million this quarter. WTF and we have road drivers sitting in hotels because of this
I’d be curious to see what the hotel costs are yearly. At some point an absolute genius will appear and show someone how to do turn runs like all the rest of the carriers that have progressed into the twenty first century.

Ist quarter last year 136 million on PTs 200 million this quarter. WTF and we have road drivers sitting in hotels because of this
How much did they pay out on runaround claims, layover and meal tickets? Did you know some of these PTs are on dedicated bids unreal! Then the worst part is drivers rot so long they miss their next trip then hold for their next bid day so they use more purchased transportation. Also some of our drivers are only doing 300 miles or less to bed not extended so they can use purchased transportation. The Union should have never allowed this crap! The red circle and runaround claims are confusing so many drivers don't bother filing.

It is genius business strategy to continue to post losses every quarter. $700 million loan payback will be waived by government. Also opens the door to further COVID relief money to fund full fleet replacement and industrial real estate improvements and expansions. Stop the negativity!
Wow, no mention of the pension or the 15%!!!!!

I’d be curious to see what the hotel costs are yearly. At some point an absolute genius will appear and show someone how to do turn runs like all the rest of the carriers that have progressed into the twenty first century.
That would lower the OR and also show them making a profit.

How much did they pay out on runaround claims, layover and meal tickets? Did you know some of these PTs are on dedicated bids unreal! Then the worst part is drivers rot so long they miss their next trip then hold for their next bid day so they use more purchased transportation. Also some of our drivers are only doing 300 miles or less to bed not extended so they can use purchased transportation. The Union should have never allowed this crap! The red circle and runaround claims are confusing so many drivers don't bother filing.
Members voted to use PTS.

Members voted to use PTS.

It was a good faith effort by the membership to help with “flexibility” and to “compete” with the non’s.

Little did the membership know that Yellow/YRCW wouldn’t have the first fvcking clue of how to handle it once they got their hands on it. Now look...that same “flexibility” just cost them their ass.

Every single one of their leaders at VP level( and above) should be flat out ashamed of themselves. Both Yellow and Roadway 15 years ago had some of the best operations leadership in the industry. Now all that’s left are flunkies that couldn’t find a landing spot.

They can't coordinate it properly plus lazy drivers take breaks before the meet while the other driver is waiting for hours. It rarely worked the few times I did it I get the call continue on to St.Paul or continue on to Memphis the meet is not happening. Drop lots might work where you just drop and hook turn back but then they might do stupid stuff like when we had triples turns out of Chicago to Toledo breakdown 3 different sets of triples already hooked take 1 trailer that's Etime off each set and build a new set of triples even though all 3 sets were going to back to Chicago should be an easy quick drop and hook.