Triplex or Seabreeze?

My first time at Croxton I took note of the Carman Seniority list right above the window with the camera. Number one had been with Erie longer than my dad had been alive! And because of Croxton, I memorized my nj license number. Which I can recite to this day!
Me too on memorizing FC, and for exactly the same reason. šŸ˜„

Those Louisvilles were pretty good tractors. Quiet and tight for their time. When I drove for an A&P contract carrier they got some of those after having mostly White 9000's and U Model Macks, the dispatcher called them baby carriages because all the senior guys would cry if they didn't have one. Being a junior guy I got the U Model.
We didn't cry, if you had enough mechanical knowledge, the dispatcher would see that you were hooked to a tractor of your liking just to keep you out of the shop.
Shop time went against their bonus.

I loved those Louisvilles also. Managed to get that rental unit at UPS for a time. It had A/C of course back when the UPS Macks didn't yet have A/C. Loved them also on the road at Maislin. They were my favorite tractors with the modern Volvos a close second.
One of the best freight trucks ever.
As I've said before, the best heaters made, if the blower motor failed, you could still stay warm if you were moving.

I know this is off topic. But was watching a deal on TV today that showed a Roadway 45 trailer on a train going thru Ohio. Circa 1977. I spent a great part of my youth, 71 thru 78 in the SK rail yards in Jersey. Never saw a freight trailer on a train. Ups and USPS yes but no freight. Were the LTLs doing it that far back? This might be in your Wheelhouse Triplex.
You should have left Jersey and come to Fla.
The pig was full of Carolinas, PIEs along with UPS between Jax and Miami.
We were told the empties were railed back to Jax. free.
At one time Ryder left 6 Miami bid drivers sitting home in Jax for about a month.
They were paid 3 trips each week and never turned a wheel.
Ryder claimed they saved money by doing this and not having equipment tied up.
This part is hard to believe but, one of the dumb-azz drivers filed a grievance to run the extra board while he was collecting the 3 trips.
Sideways out!!

When I was a teenager, a guy down the street had a Chevy Vega. He totally beefed it up. Had a V-8 in it. Tore out the back seat to move the front seat back. Redid the rearend and rebuilt the car pretty much.

Another guy had the ā€œBlack Diamond.ā€ A black with red pinstripes, 68 GTO. That car was beautiful and sounded mean.
Chevys were invented back then?

You should have left Jersey and come to Fla.
The pig was full of Carolinas, PIEs along with UPS between Jax and Miami.
We were told the empties were railed back to Jax. free.
At one time Ryder left 6 Miami bid drivers sitting home in Jax for about a month.
They were paid 3 trips each week and never turned a wheel.
Ryder claimed they saved money by doing this and not having equipment tied up.
This part is hard to believe but, one of the dumb-azz drivers filed a grievance to run the extra board while he was collecting the 3 trips.
Sideways out!!
My recollection of that time was no trailers over 12 6 could go further south than VA. because there was a tunnel that could only accommodate 12 6 pigs. This is moving northeast to south.

My recollection of that time was no trailers over 12 6 could go further south than VA. because there was a tunnel that could only accommodate 12 6 pigs. This is moving northeast to south.
UPS trailers back then were 12' 6" also. Made numerous trips through Lincoln Tunnel and cross town Manhattan going to/from Maspeth from Secaucus and also to 43rd Street Center where we parked trailers on the roof. Hey Mr. Seabreeze, bet you can't say you ever drove TT on the roof of a building. :hysterical:

UPS trailers back then were 12' 6" also. Made numerous trips through Lincoln Tunnel and cross town Manhattan going to/from Maspeth from Secaucus and also to 43rd Street Center where we parked trailers on the roof. Hey Mr. Seabreeze, bet you can't say you ever drove TT on the roof of a building. :hysterical:
Well, I have parked a few on the top at the Meadowlands! Also a pt gig running toys from Secaucus to New Hyde Park LI. All trailers 12 6, thru the Holland and then lower Manhattan over the Williamsburg Bridge out to the Iland. 3 trips a night. I wish I could have videoed every trip. What a show!

You're right, I've never driven one on the roof of a VW. :lmao: :lmao: