ABF | Truck Driving/honky Tonk Songs

Garth Brooks.."Pappa Loved Momma"... wife (a looker) cheating on him..."Papa's rig was buried in the local motel...the desk clerk said he saw it all real clear, he never hit the brakes while he was shiftin' gears...Now, that would have been somethin' to see!

As I've said before, my cuttin' and pastin' skills ain't so good or I would post it
Give this one a try

No running around.....Just a lot of long hours and...umm....doing things that weren't quite....how should I put this?

"Legal".......

George Thorogood's "Gearjammer".......at High Volume,.....Weaving through I-95 traffic, just south of D.C. on the ******* Circle.......with a...slightly...overloaded trailer....on a hot summer night.........Awake 20 hours to make a morning deadline in the City of Brotherly Thugs......

But,...I was always a Classical Music Aficionado,.........as I said before,..nothing better for I-80 traffic south of Chicago than Wagner's "Ride of the Valkyrie"...
Don't forget to chime in with the air horn........just like playing along with the symphony!

I know many guys listened to Big John Trimble on WRVA out of Richmond..........That's all he played on some nights.......Songs that made you want to quit,....and take a taxi right back to Mama's arms........
Do you remember a guy at M&G that had a Dodge with a KTA 600 in it?

Do you remember a guy at M&G that had a Dodge with a KTA 600 in it?

Hah! Yes! .......He was out of the Newark, De. terminal,....as an O/O.
If you type in “ Old M & G Convoy pictures” ,......his two-stack Dodge is one of the pictures.
He used to routinely embarrass Billy Big Riggers thinking he was some turtle-slow old 238 Detroit rattletrap car-hauler......

I saw him do 70 mph westbound uphill loaded toward the Somerset Pa. tunnel on the PA Pike......
.......Before they took out the curves.......

Hah! Yes! .......He was out of the Newark, De. terminal,....as an O/O.
If you type in “ Old M & G Convoy pictures” ,......his two-stack Dodge is one of the pictures.
He used to routinely embarrass Billy Big Riggers thinking he was some turtle-slow old 238 Detroit rattletrap car-hauler......

I saw him do 70 mph westbound uphill loaded toward the Somerset Pa. tunnel on the PA Pike......
.......Before they took out the curves.......
That's where I saw him the most, he embarrassed a lot of big riggers

That's where I saw him the most, he embarrassed a lot of big riggers

He had to raise the cab of that old Dodge about a foot,....and it affected the height of the cars on his headrack. If you look at the picture of his truck,....under the door is a foot-high panel,....I think he got it off a Big Horn Dodge.
But,...somehow,...he crammed that 600 in the short-nosed, tombstone-grilled Dodge......

Man! ......I remember those old Dodges M & G Convoy had in the '70's-'80's.........Air pressure gauge, speedometer, tachometer,......and idiot lights for water and oil.........
No insulation,....If you had a CB,...(..and who didn't?..)...you needed to mount an external speaker right above your head,...just to hear it......
No air conditioning,.....Sterno can for heating,..or just about,....hydraulic seat, with about two inches of clearance from the floor.....

They didn't call 'em "Screamin' 238's"...just for laughs....41,000 empty weight.......Downshifting all the way to low range,....Empty!....while pulling a hill.......

Yessir!.......You had to be a Special Breed to pull carhaul in the '70's!......or brain-dead and desperate......

He had to raise the cab of that old Dodge about a foot,....and it affected the height of the cars on his headrack. If you look at the picture of his truck,....under the door is a foot-high panel,....I think he got it off a Big Horn Dodge.
But,...somehow,...he crammed that 600 in the short-nosed, tombstone-grilled Dodge......

Man! ......I remember those old Dodges M & G Convoy had in the '70's-'80's.........Air pressure gauge, speedometer, tachometer,......and idiot lights for water and oil.........
No insulation,....If you had a CB,...(..and who didn't?..)...you needed to mount an external speaker right above your head,...just to hear it......
No air conditioning,.....Sterno can for heating,..or just about,....hydraulic seat, with about two inches of clearance from the floor.....

They didn't call 'em "Screamin' 238's"...just for laughs....41,000 empty weight.......Downshifting all the way to low range,....Empty!....while pulling a hill.......

Yessir!.......You had to be a Special Breed to pull carhaul in the '70's!......or brain-dead and desperate......
I talked with him one night, him fully loaded and me empty with my Anchor clanker still couldn't keep up.

I think Ryder and Mclean was the only freight line to buy these monstrosities.
Ours had an air gauge and speedometer only.
The first 50 had the stacks mounted on the cab, you can imagine how loud a 8v71 was.
The union parked them until stacks were mounted on the frame, (still loud)
Seats broke after about 2 weeks, some dummie welded them in place.
Air shields were mounted with no braces, cabs split, if not for the headliner, you could see the stars, only way to keep your feet and legs dry, wear hip boots.
I made half my salary on delay and breakdown till they realized I wasn't driving them.They lasted about a year and was traded, total nightmares.

How about the....."engineer"....who thought up the swing out fenders? They probably worked real good for engine access the first few years,....but right around the 500,000 mile mark, those fenders would be shaking so much, your headlights looked like strobe lights in a cheap Cuban disco............

Not that I ever hung around in cheap Cuban discos......