TForce | Truck Fire

quick update.. I was told yesterday the driver was terminated..... 3 accidents within a one year period. he was 18 months away from retirement. God Bless him and his family..

Do you know this driver very good southerngrits?

How does something like getting the boot before retirement work?

Do you get stiffed out of all the time you had built up with the company before your termination?

Or are you able to get monthly retirement money up to your termination?

I'm interested,because I can retire any time .
Not that I'm going to be terminated for anything.
So far that is,thank God!

Since you say this poor driver was not that far away from retiring.
That it was his bad luck to run up on a rig with no lights.
To me this doesn't seem very fair,that he would lose all of his retirement if thats the case?

Maybe he needs to find a good lawyer,and go after the company that owns the rig he hit.

To me this doesn't seem very fair,that he would lose all of his retirement if thats the case?

Maybe he needs to find a good lawyer,and go after the company that owns the rig he hit.
I heard that brother. It could happen to any of us driving that late at night on a dark empty Interstate riding along side somebody. By the time you realize what is in front of you it's too late.

There was an illegal alien that sped around a stopped school bus in these parts. Had no license and didnt speak english. He hit a lil' girl crossing the street to board the bus and killed her. If he had taking the time to learn the language and take the test for a driver's license, he wouldve known that bus was stopped for a reason and why and that he was suppose to stop too. Makes you wonder how many other drivers that tried to tell that trucker(?) he had to triler lights.

Do you know this driver very good southerngrits?

How does something like getting the boot before retirement work?

Do you get stiffed out of all the time you had built up with the company before your termination?

Or are you able to get monthly retirement money up to your termination?

I'm interested,because I can retire any time .
Not that I'm going to be terminated for anything.
So far that is,thank God!

Since you say this poor driver was not that far away from retiring.

I have seen him quite a few times and maybe said hey twice.. he came in very late at night to run towards Memphis, so I don't know him real well. I was told the decision came from corporate..(Richmond), I do know my TM was on Vacation and the Operations manager had to do the duty.. And all he really said to me was he hated to have to be the one to do it, but he was told to........... his job has been posted on the board at the barn as of yesterday, or should I say a road run has been posted and they will all start the bidding process to move up I guess, I try not to get caught up in road stuff, city has enough problems....

So if you get fired from your job,you lose every cent of a company pension you had worked for all those years?

To me this just seems so unfair.
This driver should at least be able to receive benefit from the many good years he worked for the company.

Well the rest of us better pray that we never get caught up in this drivers shoes.

I myself am getting older and thinking about retirement.
We are coming into the very snowy months up here in New York.
If I had any idea that my pension would be going down the drain with a bad accident,I might just get out now while the getting is good.

Only thing is that I still enjoy driving truck for my bread,and butter.
And although I'll be 63 toward the end of this coming March,I'd just as soon keep going.
After 43 years to date driving in the trucking industry,its very hard to just walk away.

So if you get fired from your job,you lose every cent of a company pension you had worked for all those years?

To me this just seems so unfair.
This driver should at least be able to receive benefit from the many good years he worked for the company.

Well the rest of us better pray that we never get caught up in this drivers shoes.

I myself am getting older and thinking about retirement.
We are coming into the very snowy months up here in New York.
If I had any idea that my pension would be going down the drain with a bad accident,I might just get out now while the getting is good.

Only thing is that I still enjoy driving truck for my bread,and butter.
And although I'll be 63 toward the end of this coming March,I'd just as soon keep going.
After 43 years to date driving in the trucking industry,its very hard to just walk away.
You can always retire from UPSF and go to work somewhere else

Thanks for the other info SG. I hope and pray all works out for the UPSF driver and the other one is punished appropriately. How the heck does one obtain a CDL(?) and not even speak or be required to speak english?? How did he expect to read the street signs???

The DOT says you have to read and write english to obtain a CDL..but the PC police have made it possibale to obtain a CDL in your home language what ever it may be. Look in at any Motor Vechile Dept at all the different books took take a test,it's crazy.