Yellow | Trucking Companies Raise Wages As Driver Shortage Grows!

Is he putting a nail in one of those things JimmyG hauls around?

Negative, Ghost Rider. Dovetail joints and stainless steel finish screws. Only the finest!!

Now, for me it's a cardboard grandfather clock box, with disco inferno The Trammps - Disco Inferno - YouTube, for the mood, followed by James Brown with 'I feel good!! James Brown I feel good - YouTube and a keg of socal's finest Stone Ruination IPA | Stone Brewing Co. | Escondido, CA | BeerAdvocate for any that might be parched.

Roflmao industry experts have been saying pay and benefit issues are what is causing the shortage for at least the last 5 yrs. Problem is the TLs don't want to raise driver pay with the rates because they like bringing in the extra money. My understanding of the rates, and I might be wrong on this, is that the TL guys charge almost as much as the LTL guys as far as freight rate goes but because they pay their guys .38cpm (being generous on that) instead of .55 - .68 cpm they make way more profit. However when they hit the top of the freight rate market and it becomes all about capacity they will start losing money while the guys that treated their drivers right will be raking in the money. I believe the stat I heard on the driver pay was that it hadn't gone up or even matched inflation since sometime in the 70's and especially not since deregulation took effect even though DOT is slowly re-regulating it back to the way it was minus the authority issues

I doubt that because when these outsiders hear UPSF their eyes turn to dollar signs and with a driver shortage prices are going up in a hurry

I was told by one of our Coordinators, [yrcf] that it was $1.30+ per mile difference. I can't confirm, it's above my pay scale. .04 cents, doesn't sound legit.

Well the info I gave did come 3rd or 4th hand from another driver but I also know that the TL guys don't haul freight cheap unless it is contracted. I believe spot market for TL is in the neighborhood of $2.30/m not including surcharge

Well the info I gave did come 3rd or 4th hand from another driver but I also know that the TL guys don't haul freight cheap unless it is contracted. I believe spot market for TL is in the neighborhood of $2.30/m not including surcharge

I'm going to dig into it further. I very curious now myself.

Let me know wht you find I do think you right about it being cheaper I just don't think they are saving over $1/m that is a ton of money if they are especially since all the companies are complaining that they are over paying drivers in the LTL industry

I still see adds by companies looking for owner ops offering $1.10 a mile pulling company trailers???? The truckload rates have not improved much at all in the last 20 years. Why do you think TL has a 90 plus percent driver turnover rate.

Stop looking at the what the companies are paying ICs and look at the spot market boards at what the O/Os are getting before they even start negotiating the actual freight rate and surcharges

You find an O/O making only $1.10/m and I will show you a rookie or an idiot because they wouldn't be able to eat off of only $1.10/m not after they pay for maintenance and fuel they would starve and bring home around .15cpm

You find an O/O making only $1.10/m and I will show you a rookie or an idiot because they wouldn't be able to eat off of only $1.10/m not after they pay for maintenance and fuel they would starve and bring home around .15cpm

Ok, I just want to be clear on this. You're not talking about your own Truckload Division are you? I'm talking about PTS, ie.[covenant,crst,schneider],etc.

Nope and your right I'm talking about PTS but like I said about O/O if those company's are not making at least $1.50/m on the truck then they are going backwards once you start adding up the pay and benefits. Remember the PTS have horrible safety numbers compared to LTL companies especially the top 5 of the ltl industry and that all comes out of their bottom line

Nope and your right I'm talking about PTS but like I said about O/O if those company's are not making at least $1.50/m on the truck then they are going backwards once you start adding up the pay and benefits. Remember the PTS have horrible safety numbers compared to LTL companies especially the top 5 of the ltl industry and that all comes out of their bottom line

Ok, I'm digging, inquiring minds want to know, and so do I...lol.

ps. don't forget to mark your ballot and drop it in the mail.