FedEx Freight | Turnover in Nashville..

nasvegas

TB Veteran
Credits
Thursday we had another assistant manager quit. We have been through in the last 5 years. 5 ASM's, almost every OM, and entry level supervisor's average 6 months to 2 yrs before they bail.

Any other centers have this much management turnover?

Last edited:
Over the last 10 years or so your center has been the worst in the region for turnover on management. Almost got in there as a super myself but wasn't planning on staying long if I did.

Will say theres usually one management position that hasn't really changed over the years there, and I think you know what one I'm talking about, especially when two of your ASMs got walked out.

Thursday we had another assistant manager quit. We have been through in the last 5 years. 5 ASM's, almost every OM, and entry level supervisor's average 6 months to 2 hrs before they bail.

In the A/F and early FDX days we had them coming and going but I think they all have pretty comfortable spots under the RVP's desk now.

Thursday we had another assistant manager quit. We have been through in the last 5 years. 5 ASM's, almost every OM, and entry level supervisor's average 6 months to 2 hrs before they bail.

Your regional sales manager in Memphis, Teabag, was my terminal manager at Roadway at one time. I'm surprised he could hold a job that long.

Teabag !
You Suck Video Games GIF by Mashed

Over the last 10 years or so your center has been the worst in the region for turnover on management. Almost got in there as a super myself but wasn't planning on staying long if I did.

Will say theres usually one management position that hasn't really changed over the years there, and I think you know what one I'm talking about, especially when two of your ASMs got walked out.
The only positions that haven't changed in past 10 years are TM, and MD of operations. That position is stationed in Nashville.

I know I'm just a stupid driver, but after awhile it can't be EVERYBODY ELSE... Kinda like the super hot chic that single at 35, and she tells you every guy she's ever dated was a jerk.

JUST SAYING

The only positions that haven't changed in past 10 years are TM, and MD of operations. That position is stationed in Nashville.

I know I'm just a stupid driver, but after awhile it can't be EVERYBODY ELSE... Kinda like the super hot chic that single at 35, and she tells you every guy she's ever dated was a jerk.

JUST SAYING
Do you have her number, I'm free tonight. :idunno:

JUST SAYING
Had the same thing out west for almost 10 years. Finally they walked out the SCM and the regional VP domiciled there was "retired".

Goin thru shop foremans quick in my barn. Last one quit after 2 weeks. Guy before him got fired, which we kinda all saw comin on the horizon after he told a driver we cant put shocks on your truck because we aint got International shocks 🙄

Goin thru shop foremans quick in my barn. Last one quit after 2 weeks. Guy before him got fired, which we kinda all saw comin on the horizon after he told a driver we cant put shocks on your truck because we aint got International shocks 🙄
I think there is alot more to shop problems than shop managers. Think most of them have their hands tied on spending over a certain amount every month. Not to mention our aging fleet.