FedEx Freight | Turnover in Nashville..

Goin thru shop foremans quick in my barn. Last one quit after 2 weeks. Guy before him got fired, which we kinda all saw comin on the horizon after he told a driver we cant put shocks on your truck because we aint got International shocks 🙄
You must be in Alabama?

Thursday we had another assistant manager quit. We have been through in the last 5 years. 5 ASM's, almost every OM, and entry level supervisor's average 6 months to 2 yrs before they bail.

Any other centers have this much management turnover?
Visitor here. Our turnover seems to be high at the breaks. One might think a pay increase would improve quality & longevity.

Visitor here. Our turnover seems to be high at the breaks. One might think a pay increase would improve quality & longevity.
FXF pays about $10k/yr on average under the industry standard salary range for most of its center management (supervisors, OM’s). There is tremendous burnout, alcoholism, divorce and bad attitudes. Seen a lot of bright young men turn into zombies over the years because they’re too afraid to go work somewhere else for better pay. Seen several others move on and succeed using their experience here as a case study on how NOT to treat employees and peers alike. Turnover is high at the hubs because they can always con a dockworker into filling the spot. Smaller end of line terminals aren’t usually that bad and some are actually pleasant to work at. Believe it or not, having lower level management experience is great resume fodder for those willing to move on to better things, but it may cost you your sanity.

FXF pays about $10k/yr on average under the industry standard salary range for most of its center management (supervisors, OM’s). There is tremendous burnout, alcoholism, divorce and bad attitudes. Seen a lot of bright young men turn into zombies over the years because they’re too afraid to go work somewhere else for better pay. Seen several others move on and succeed using their experience here as a case study on how NOT to treat employees and peers alike. Turnover is high at the hubs because they can always con a dockworker into filling the spot. Smaller end of line terminals aren’t usually that bad and some are actually pleasant to work at. Believe it or not, having lower level management experience is great resume fodder for those willing to move on to better things, but it may cost you your sanity.
I'm looking to leave myself. Possible landing spot may have fell in my lap today. I'm gonna pray and let the good Lord guide me from this cancer of a workplace.

Nas ,you have some years there with the evil empire. Hope whatever you decide works out for you. Your posts always ring real here.
Thank you. I hired here well over 2 decades ago. My plan was to retire here. Not now. Fedex is heading for a Budlight moment and I don't wanna be here for it. They are too worried about making sure they check all the woke boxes, and hire what social media tells them to hire.

If I'm here in 2025 I'll be extremely disappointed in myself. Funny thing good drivers are leaving constantly and corporate doesn't care.

Something is coming. My gut tells me it won't be good for any employee. Good luck all. God bless each and everyone of you.

Thank you. I hired here well over 2 decades ago. My plan was to retire here. Not now. Fedex is heading for a Budlight moment and I don't wanna be here for it. They are too worried about making sure they check all the woke boxes, and hire what social media tells them to hire.

If I'm here in 2025 I'll be extremely disappointed in myself. Funny thing good drivers are leaving constantly and corporate doesn't care.

Something is coming. My gut tells me it won't be good for any employee. Good luck all. God bless each and everyone of you.
I agree 100 percent with your statement. Something is coming down the pike we see it in our weak management team ask a question that is related to company activity first thing is that’s the first I have heard about that. Seconds later a sup comes out and says yea it’s about this and that.Bill counts done not filling positions etc but we have good numbers in region lol