FedEx Freight | Turnover in Nashville..

Or preparing for a sale. High profit low investment in equipment. Just saying....
I think they are going to sell one fedex or fedex one, which ever they are going to call it when they merge ground and express. they are starting to spend alot of money on the buildings here in the south east, cameras...dimentioners etc. just my 2 cents

I think they are going to sell one fedex or fedex one, which ever they are going to call it when they merge ground and express. they are starting to spend alot of money on the buildings here in the south east, cameras...dimentioners etc. just my 2 cents
Maybe, but alot more revenue in parcel than LTL. I see the sale of us after the completion of ground express merger. Use profits from our sale to pump into FedEx one.

There's a reason they kept us separate. Only time will tell. Good luck all.

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best....

I see your point but hard to tell which side. All in all I also believe a sale is coming from one side or another. I just don’t think it would be ground/express because why deal with the headache of merging?

We were supposed to be more involved in hauling for ground/express and that hasn’t happened. We have been so slow that now would’ve been the time to integrate the system not when LTL rates and levels return to normal.. just saying I think it was all a bluff and our time is counted.

The positive for all of us that stick around is that we will still have a job.. hopefully for the better but It usually never works that way

I see your point but hard to tell which side. All in all I also believe a sale is coming from one side or another. I just don’t think it would be ground/express because why deal with the headache of merging?

We were supposed to be more involved in hauling for ground/express and that hasn’t happened. We have been so slow that now would’ve been the time to integrate the system not when LTL rates and levels return to normal.. just saying I think it was all a bluff and our time is counted.

The positive for all of us that stick around is that we will still have a job.. hopefully for the better but It usually never works that way

Lots of centers hauling for Ground in the Indianapolis region. My run takes a Ground load on the backside. A lot of other centers have similar runs. I see just about as many FXF units at the Ground hubs as FedEx Ground contractors. Not to mention we cover almost all of their drayage.

I take a Ground van loaded with freight from my center to the hub. They break it, and I take an empty Ground van to a Ground hub. Then I take a load from there to an EOL Ground center. Then I take an empty Ground van back to my center, where it gets loaded with freight, and the process repeats.

It was meant to reduce our empty miles. We send a lot more freight to the hub than we get back, so we run for Ground on the return trip.

In those days we had good, and respectable management. Apparently not allowed at Fedex....
I worked for AF, post-strike and during the great expansion in the mid-nineties. The place was a meat grinder during that period. I luckily escaped before the FedEx takeover but also saw a lot of turnover during that time.
I am also glad that I am retired and do not have to deal with the LTL freight industry any longer.

No idea why anyone would want to be in a management position in this company. They are bounced all the time. Much easier and more lucrative in many cases to drive the trucks
I resemble that. Management years ago was a headache. I'm sure today it is a nightmare.

Lots of centers hauling for Ground in the Indianapolis region. My run takes a Ground load on the backside. A lot of other centers have similar runs. I see just about as many FXF units at the Ground hubs as FedEx Ground contractors. Not to mention we cover almost all of their drayage.

I take a Ground van loaded with freight from my center to the hub. They break it, and I take an empty Ground van to a Ground hub. Then I take a load from there to an EOL Ground center. Then I take an empty Ground van back to my center, where it gets loaded with freight, and the process repeats.

It was meant to reduce our empty miles. We send a lot more freight to the hub than we get back, so we run for Ground on the return trip.
Well good deal for you guys out there in those regions. From what I’ve seen, out here in the Southeast if it’s not for peak season we haven’t been getting any ground work except maybe the Hickory, NC Yard I’ve noticed a ton of ground trailers so maybe they are doing some work for them. But other than that haven’t really even seen our equipment hauling for them down here

I guess I was wrong but that’s just here in the SE

Dimentioners are because the hubs were getting overwhelmed by reweighs/dims and it was slowing down the hub operations. plus its just better to have that junk done at origin so you know what the crap your hauling is sized at/weight verified. Was told once they pay for themselves within a year.

Well good deal for you guys out there in those regions. From what I’ve seen, out here in the Southeast if it’s not for peak season we haven’t been getting any ground work except maybe the Hickory, NC Yard I’ve noticed a ton of ground trailers so maybe they are doing some work for them. But other than that haven’t really even seen our equipment hauling for them down here

I guess I was wrong but that’s just here in the SE

It's still a relatively new thing here, started end of last year. Maybe it'll be more widespread in the future.

Wishful thinking, but it'd be nice if Ground phased out the contract model and started using us more. FedEx would do a lot to improve its reputation if we took the contract drivers off the road. Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of professional drivers working for contractors, but the majority of them are downright dangerous.

It's still a relatively new thing here, started end of last year. Maybe it'll be more widespread in the future.

Wishful thinking, but it'd be nice if Ground phased out the contract model and started using us more. FedEx would do a lot to improve its reputation if we took the contract drivers off the road. Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of professional drivers working for contractors, but the majority of them are downright dangerous.
We had ground runs.

Our SCM gave them away saying we didn't have the manpower for them. So the center that is about 38 miles to the north got them. Along with our new trucks supposedly for those runs.

We had ground runs.

Our SCM gave them away saying we didn't have the manpower for them. So the center that is about 38 miles to the north got them. Along with our new trucks supposedly for those runs.
That really sucks. At our center, we would cancel our own runs in order to run for Ground. We must get paid pretty well to run them.