FedEx Freight | Two years and then BAM!!!

ofcclrk

TB Lurker
Credits
Yes, it is all true. I know because I got called into the office Wednesday and was informed that would be my last day. I was devastated. The 13th would have been my 2 year anniversary. I haven't cried like that since my mom died. I know, it's just a job, but it was a part of my life. I had real friends there. I had BENEFITS that are now GONE! Just like THAT! HOW CAN PEOPLE DO THAT? While the rich F*****S keep getting richer, with no thought in the world about all the people that just got CANNED for no reason, I am sitting here trying to find a job. Worrying about Christmas. Worrying about whether or not we will be able to make our next house payment. If anyone knows of any job openings in the Fort Wayne area, PLEASE let me know!!! Thanks....and Fedex can kiss my ***!!!

Yes, it is all true. I know because I got called into the office Wednesday and was informed that would be my last day. I was devastated. The 13th would have been my 2 year anniversary. I haven't cried like that since my mom died. I know, it's just a job, but it was a part of my life. I had real friends there. I had BENEFITS that are now GONE! Just like THAT! HOW CAN PEOPLE DO THAT? While the rich F*****S keep getting richer, with no thought in the world about all the people that just got CANNED for no reason, I am sitting here trying to find a job. Worrying about Christmas. Worrying about whether or not we will be able to make our next house payment. If anyone knows of any job openings in the Fort Wayne area, PLEASE let me know!!! Thanks....and Fedex can kiss my ***!!!
I'm in the same boat! No money and insurance. I've got four kids and two with medical issues. I might have to move before Christmas. THANKS FED EX!!!! You're the greatest:thumbsdown:
3 weeks pay, woopty doo!!!! BOYCOT FED EX!!!!

Your anger is misguided... You should remember who sold you out.

Your anger is misguided... You should remember who sold you out.
Watkin's sold us out, yes. But Fed Ex said how great they were, no one is going to lose their job. Then comes a three month layoff. Oh, stick it out they said, we're going to be so busy after the change we'll have to hire more people. Then BAM! I don't have a job. Since there is no union, they could get away with cutting the low production people. USPC had departmental bids by seniority, but if they didn't like you they could give the job to someone with lower seniority because of your pionts or production. I'm out of job while other people stand around in there trailers all night on their cell phones. Pretty sad when a company like FED EX can do this to people with no notice. WTF!!!

If purple would just use their own employs and not all the contracters and subcontracters they wouldn't have to cut so much. But with them all that matters is the bottom line and good numbers. Someday they will pay for their lies to all the numbers ( people to us) that the cut and ruined so he could enjoy their Benz.Purlpe promise a**, maybe Familyman will allow that.

sorry to hear this, it really sucks.
Do not be surprised if you come out ahead. You may have an easier time getting work now, than the rest of us will when they close the doors and we all flood the market for the few jobs that might be available. Some that were over you will end up under you.

I dont think Fedex is gonna keep Watex(Fedex national) Lets face it our bottom line sucks, Why are all the Watkins terminals in CANADA called Fedex Frt Canada? Not Fedex National Canada??

READ TTHE WIRTING ON HE WALL PEOPLE!! PREPAIR! Get some money in the bank,Get your duck inorder! Im tossing Every extra penny at getting my house paid off(6K to go) GO ME!LOL Anywho, If you think your job is gonna be around for the next 20 years your ignorant! DONT GET ME WORNG I really hope it will be!

But PLEASE people get some cash in the bank,put off on hat new car,And Christmas will be a craft this year! For Everyone!

I dont think Fedex is gonna keep Watex(Fedex national) Lets face it our bottom line sucks, Why are all the Watkins terminals in CANADA called Fedex Frt Canada? Not Fedex National Canada??

READ TTHE WIRTING ON HE WALL PEOPLE!! PREPAIR! Get some money in the bank,Get your duck inorder! Im tossing Every extra penny at getting my house paid off(6K to go) GO ME!LOL Anywho, If you think your job is gonna be around for the next 20 years your ignorant! DONT GET ME WORNG I really hope it will be!

But PLEASE people get some cash in the bank,put off on hat new car,And Christmas will be a craft this year! For Everyone!

I am convinced that FedEx bought Watkins for the Canada operation. And I bet the Watkins family were aware of that.

Sorry to hear of anyone losing their job, I don't wish that even on people I don't like.

The weird thing is that FDX National has internal job postings listed in the intranet, as do East and West.

Are these jobs all clerical and dock? Or are there drivers being cut also?

Are they allowing you the opportunity to transfer as they are at FXF East?

Wishing all of you the best, truly I am, sux to be unemployed anytime but just before the holidays is the worst.

FM

National is a division of Freight, it wouldn't make sense to set up new terminals in Canada side by side one saying National and the other saying Freight, also I'm not sure they could if they wanted to with the authority issue.

I don't know what the future holds, but I still don't think they put time and effort, not to mention money into National just to close it down, who knows they may be forced to if things get that bad, anything can happen, even FXF itself could disappear. I'm sure if it's a losing deal that they'll only throw good money after bad for so long till they have to cut and run.

I don't think that is the case presently, they are just trying to cut the loses and bring everything in line with business levels, I would hate to lose my job tomorrow (mainly cause I would have to start again with vacation time) and hate to see anyone else lose theirs.

I agree with not buying new cars, I hate that payment every month and these are the last new ones we will ever buy.

FM

My wife is leaving SEFL for another job, she tells me that your medical insurance is valid for 45 days from the time you quit or get layed off, if you want to call it that, I argued with her on that, but she told me that when I quit Fedex freight they paid claims for that period, in other words we went to the doctor on fedex insurance even after I quit, I had never heard about this, I guess its something that obviously the co. doesn't want put out there, I told her I was posting this so she had better be right about this info and she assured me she was, I hope this helps all of you that have been displaced, at least you will have the medical while you look for another job. I'm sorry for all of you, I wish things would have worked out better I really do.

try con-way an if you just cant find nothing at all try od.

Sorry to hear of anyone losing their job, I don't wish that even on people I don't like.

The weird thing is that FDX National has internal job postings listed in the intranet, as do East and West.

Are these jobs all clerical and dock? Or are there drivers being cut also?

Are they allowing you the opportunity to transfer as they are at FXF East?

Wishing all of you the best, truly I am, sux to be unemployed anytime but just before the holidays is the worst.

FM

no transfers they are calling it job elimination it is supervisors,clerical,and dock,the drivers got the purple weiner back in june.

My wife is leaving SEFL for another job, she tells me that your medical insurance is valid for 45 days from the time you quit or get layed off, if you want to call it that, I argued with her on that, but she told me that when I quit Fedex freight they paid claims for that period, in other words we went to the doctor on fedex insurance even after I quit, I had never heard about this, I guess its something that obviously the co. doesn't want put out there, I told her I was posting this so she had better be right about this info and she assured me she was, I hope this helps all of you that have been displaced, at least you will have the medical while you look for another job. I'm sorry for all of you, I wish things would have worked out better I really do.

Your wife is correct your insurance is prepaid for 30 days.

Your wife is correct your insurance is prepaid for 30 days.

Thanks for verifying that I was worried she was wrong, that doesn't happen very often, are you the hammerhead out of OKC, If so I have ran with you when you were running the KCY meet, usually I was going the other way, seems like you were with 10 speed most of the time, and Chris before he died, if thats you, I hope everything is working out for you and yours.

myyellow.com

I am very sorry to hear of your situation and feel for you too. Here is the link for yellows positions in your area that came up in a search for me: https://www.myyellow.com/dynamic/services/content/aboutyellow/employee_careers/usunion/index.html

Feel free to contact them if you decide to apply to let them know that you did online. Also, you can always run more searches on their website in other areas and etc. Through bad comes good and just hang in there for now!:console: