FedEx Freight | Two years and then BAM!!!

I'm implying that maybe for yourself or at your terminal you are FedEx,and yes I still work here. But for some of us one day its Watkins rules and one day it might be FedEx rules. There is no set of rules just what mangement wants you to know, and since its still Watkins mangement, you don't know where the ruling comes from. I'm not trying to be negative but I wish it would go one way or the other not both and that seems to be the way it is at the big break bulks.

At FXF the rules are always changing. That is why they won't print a rule book anymore, because parts are obsolete before the employees ever got it. All of the rules for us are now on the intranet so they can change thwm at will

Yes, it is all true. I know because I got called into the office Wednesday and was informed that would be my last day. I was devastated. The 13th would have been my 2 year anniversary. I haven't cried like that since my mom died. I know, it's just a job, but it was a part of my life. I had real friends there. I had BENEFITS that are now GONE! Just like THAT! HOW CAN PEOPLE DO THAT? While the rich F*****S keep getting richer, with no thought in the world about all the people that just got CANNED for no reason, I am sitting here trying to find a job. Worrying about Christmas. Worrying about whether or not we will be able to make our next house payment. If anyone knows of any job openings in the Fort Wayne area, PLEASE let me know!!! Thanks....and Fedex can kiss my ***!!!
SAIA is hiring inthat area

last paychecks

Does anyone know about your last paychecks? I thought they would deposit them since they told me 2 weeks ago I would get my checks on my next payday, which is today. But no direct deposit of my checks. Don't really have time to play games with FedEx. I want my money so I can pay my bills and move on to another job. Just can't believe a company this big would screw so many people so bad!:cuss: :realmad: :thumbsdown:

I am not sure why, but the last check is not direct deposit, it is live. They send it to your home address, if you have recently moved it will not be forwarded...you will have to call payroll because it gets returned to them. They typically cut the check the day after your seperate from the company.

I am not sure why, but the last check is not direct deposit, it is live. They send it to your home address, if you have recently moved it will not be forwarded...you will have to call payroll because it gets returned to them. They typically cut the check the day after your seperate from the company.
I was separated on the 10th and payday was on the 11th. I tought I might get all the pay then but did not. I called HR and was told it would be on next pay day, which is today. They owe mw 120+ hrs severence, 10.67hrs personal/vacation, and 24.blah blah hrs for the last week I was allowed to work. The sheet said 3 separate checks. I'm calling the terminal now to find out where my money is.

yoyofxn

In Ohio a company must let you enroll for health insurance if there has been a sudden life changing event (divorce, death, etc.). Losing your job & health benefits should fit in here. That means your husband can apply today and does not have to wait for enrollment date. Also, I would send in your prescriptions as if you are still enrolled before time runs out. If you are paid up they will pay up.

In Ohio a company must let you enroll for health insurance if there has been a sudden life changing event (divorce, death, etc.). Losing your job & health benefits should fit in here. That means your husband can apply today and does not have to wait for enrollment date. Also, I would send in your prescriptions as if you are still enrolled before time runs out. If you are paid up they will pay up.
We can't afford to enroll at my husbands place of employment. Plus, I don't have a job so how could they expect me to pay that much. Four kids isn't cheap!!! They want almost as much as cobra a month which is why I stuck out crappy shifts on crappy days and crappy weather for the money and benefits. I sure did put up with a lot s**t to get the shaft like this. I tried to pick up prescriptions and they didn't go thru, Walgreens said insurance was canceled. I can't believe such an established billion dollar comapny like FEDEX would give you no notice, take your benefits from you, and only offer 3 weeks severnce pay!!!! What crock of s**t!!!!! I WILL NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH FEDEX AGAIN AND I'LL MAKE SURE AS MANY PEOPLE AS I POSSIBLY CAN KNOW HOW SUCH A BIG COMPANY LIKE THAT GAVE HUNDREDS OF PEOPLE THE SHAFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Even if I have to paint it on my car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forgot to add this........I went to get my last CHECKS today. My TM told me the day I was sent home, they were going to pay me even though I wasn't allowed to work that day. Well guess what......they didn't pay me!!!! So I let him know about it. Of course he said he'll look into it. I'm sure I have to make some corporate phone calls myself, and if that doesn't work, I might just enlist the help of a local tv station!

Hey dock girl you also need to get intouch with the Ohio state Insurance Commisioner. Nothing gets a co. attention like being audited by a State agency for possible insurance fraud. Know what I mean? You should be entitled to that coverage for that period of time. Unless the co. just didn't make the payment for that period, and told you that they did,which would constitute fraud. Check it out you could be doing yourself and all your co workers a great service by forcing this issue. At the very least it would give you time to get some type of coverage for you and your family. You are also entitled to timely compensation for your work . You were not fired you were down sized and the Co. only has so long to compensate you for your time worked before they become liable for damages. I would also contact the ACLU (American Civil Liberties Union) and The NLRB (National Labor Relations Board) The people that work at both of these organization deal with people in your situation all the time and have the answers you are looking for and may even be able to help you get this settled at little or no cost to you or your co-workers.

Hey dock girl you also need to get intouch with the Ohio state Insurance Commisioner. Nothing gets a co. attention like being audited by a State agency for possible insurance fraud. Know what I mean? You should be entitled to that coverage for that period of time. Unless the co. just didn't make the payment for that period, and told you that they did,which would constitute fraud. Check it out you could be doing yourself and all your co workers a great service by forcing this issue. At the very least it would give you time to get some type of coverage for you and your family. You are also entitled to timely compensation for your work . You were not fired you were down sized and the Co. only has so long to compensate you for your time worked before they become liable for damages. I would also contact the ACLU (American Civil Liberties Union) and The NLRB (National Labor Relations Board) The people that work at both of these organization deal with people in your situation all the time and have the answers you are looking for and may even be able to help you get this settled at little or no cost to you or your co-workers.
I did that and got conformation that they are investigating the issue. I'm tired of them using whatever rules from whatever company that put screws to us the most. When I called about the benefit I was told it was "just like Watkins". But this is FedEx, we're reminded of that all the time. If National is part of Freight, they should use there rules, not Watkin's. Any time I called to get a book on the policies, that appeared to change from month to month, (whenever it would benefit the company), they would tell me they were writing it with the freight people. LOAD OF S**T if you ask me!!! All the National people are going to get the boot when FedEx is tired of the stealing game and shut's them all down and sells all the crap for twice what they paid for it! I think I'm going to contact one of my local tv stations and talk to them about FedEx and see what I can get done that way too.

I think I'm going to contact one of my local tv stations and talk to them about FedEx and see what I can get done that way too.

You need to put this behind you and move on. Spend more energy on improving your situation instead of potentially making it worse.

FedEx doesn't owe you or me anything. It's just a job. You show up, get paid, and go home. If it ends, you pick up the pieces and get on with your life.

That's the way it goes: factories close, companies go bust...hell, I worked for Burlington Motor Carriers when they went under. Got no notice, no severance pay, no nothing. Came back to the terminal and there were chains and locks on all the doors. Didn't even get my last paycheck. So what did I do? Talked to my buddy who pulled for Cannon Express and hired on with them. Good miles, decent pay, and they got me home on time....that is, until their biggest customer Wal-Mart pulled the plug on them. The owner (Dean Cannon) cashed in his chips and called it quits. At least I got all my backpay out of them.

Even the mighty Consolidated shut it's doors - and they pretty much wrote the book on the LTL biz. Yep, Freight sure is a tough business.

Did all of the terminals have a diversity week celebration? We did the week of the 8th. It was supposed to make us closer as a department and what not but come to find out it was just a big cover up cause they knew they were doing the layoffs then. It is funny how FedEx got to be this huge company with out any ethics. Thanks Fedex for caring about your employees.

I was a Watkins driver up until the week before the buyout was made public, that week we were told about our raises on a Wed and then on Fri they made cuts. Looking at it then and now it seems nothing has changed, its all about the money and the business competition between Brown and Purple. Purple waited until the Watkins family saw that magic 1billion in revenue pass and then as fast as it came so did the buyout. Then Purple got all the paper work for Canada and Mexico in order and things up and running, then came the disbanding of National. I know those rumors turned out to be true. I feel for all the WML people that have lost their jobs and for those that will. Godspeed and good will to you all. In the end I will say the Watkins Family soldout the people that helped or got them to the place that they could deposit that 760 million in the bank. I am glad they let me go when they did.

I can't believe such an established billion dollar comapny like FEDEX would give you no notice, take your benefits from you, and only offer 3 weeks severnce pay!!!! What crock of s**t!!!!! I WILL NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH FEDEX AGAIN AND I'LL MAKE SURE AS MANY PEOPLE AS I POSSIBLY CAN KNOW HOW SUCH A BIG COMPANY LIKE THAT GAVE HUNDREDS OF PEOPLE THE SHAFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Even if I have to paint it on my car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They go out of the way to give you 3 weeks severance pay and you want more ?

yes its a ****ed up situation but let's come down to reality. They could have easily given you nothing.