XPO | Unity has GAS

Lawofone

TB Lurker
Credits
I know that everyone has a problem with gas. Tonight I talked with everyone on my block, and the subject came up about gas prices, and what anyone could do or would do about the high cost. Well we as a group have made a promise to each other that from now on we would not buy anything from gas to a pack of gum from the two major gas suppliers. Exxon and Mobile can store there gas in there tanks until they are overflowing. I know that as drivers, hardly any of you can agree on anything, and I am not asking you to agree on this. What I`m asking if you dare to, is talk to your freinds and the people on your block about this subject. If you spread the word, you will see first hand what unity can do. The ball is in your park. :USA:

I know that everyone has a problem with gas. Tonight I talked with everyone on my block, and the subject came up about gas prices, and what anyone could do or would do about the high cost. Well we as a group have made a promise to each other that from now on we would not buy anything from gas to a pack of gum from the two major gas suppliers. Exxon and Mobile can store there gas in there tanks until they are overflowing. I know that as drivers, hardly any of you can agree on anything, and I am not asking you to agree on this. What I`m asking if you dare to, is talk to your freinds and the people on your block about this subject. If you spread the word, you will see first hand what unity can do. The ball is in your park. :USA:
I like it.:chairshot: :nutkick:

Exxon and Mobile sale their gas to the highest bidder. The only thing we can do is stop driving so much. And I have done that. So I have done my part.

Mors omnia solvit

As posted above, if everyone would ask there freinds to just do one little thing can you think where this could go? It is the little things that add up. Maybe I`m asking to much from everyone, just to talk to there freinds. If I am asking to much from each of you, then excuse me and go about your way to where every you are headed. :USA:

As posted above, if everyone would ask there freinds to just do one little thing can you think where this could go? It is the little things that add up. Maybe I`m asking to much from everyone, just to talk to there freinds. If I am asking to much from each of you, then excuse me and go about your way to where every you are headed. :USA:

You are not asking too much. We all need to watch the gas we are using. I think the $3/gallon gas forces everbody to conserve. It will come down.

When the price for gas goes up everything we buy goes up,When the price of gas goes down i don't see anything i buy go down in price.

Now that gas is about $3.50 a gallon I thought we should revisit this. If you pay attention to the news a barrel of crude was near $110. Why? because we will pay it, that`s why. Now I like laws idea, but what if we just boycott 1 big oil? I might hear from a moderator for this but check ticker XOM. Americas most profitable company the last several years. If everyone stopped using their gas they would have no choice but to lower the price, then others would have to follow or they would suffer a similar fate. Can it be done? Yes, but it would require the unity lawofone speaks of!

Two words.....COMMODITIES BROKERS

There's the "dirty little secret". People artificially inflating the prices because they THINK the cost will go up in the future. Well, guess what ? It does. Only just because THEY say it does. We need to completely revamp the way oil prices are structured. I know this is a HUGE hurdle to overcome, but until we do, these few people will continue to manipulate oil prices for their own benefit. The latest "reason" is the weakness of the dollar compared to other currencies. What caused the FIRST 100% increase in prices when the dollar was still strong then? We need to start asking these questions LOUDLY to our elected representatives. Call your Senator and Congressman! Ask them, politely, to DO THEIR JOB and protect your welfare.

the problem with gas prices is China they said 2000 more cars hit the roads in Beijing every day with the boom

to many drivers

when i grew up most family's had only one car then a second one in case one car broke down are so the wife could go to the store while the husband took the car to work .what has happened is the family that had 2 cars had kids so then there was 3 cars. now there kids have kids with 2 or 3 cars. there are literally millions more people who own more cars now than a generation ago. no one wants to take a bus no one wants to car pool .the bottom line i sub pose is we have more people that drive now than any time in the history of man not just in the USA but all over the world . the us has put so many environmental blocks on oil refineries that the oil company wont build new refinery's in the us . we have Enff oil in the us that we are not taking out of the ground off the coast of north carolina and Alaska we could make the price go down if the government wood let the oil company's drill for it .they don't have any incentive to drill there's to much profit and to much red tape the oil companies don't wont to-mess with it .we ha 'vent built any new refineries in over 30 years and probably wont unless the government gets off its *** and do some thing about it.

I have the solution, If you know a tree hugger ask them to give you money for gas so you can live and do all your daily tasks, after all a tree hugger is most likely a left leaning person. Now when they start to argue with you over oil usage remind them that they have a car in the garage just like you do, how do they feel about oil prices. The solution to all of this is simple. Anwar is in Alaska and has the richest oil reserve in the world. But we cant drill there because the tree huggers are worried about the Caribou! This makes no sense to me all we have to do is drill here refine here produce here and tell the rest of the world to **** off! Now as for the Alasken pipeline it's time to turn it south, east in other words let the American people reap the rewards. If you are a tree hugger and hate oil consumption then go buy yourself a bicycle or a skateboard and get the hell out of my way I gotta get to work! It's time to stand up to big oil. Just my two cents! I don't buy from gas stations that are like Exxon ,Shell BP etc. If they are so broke that they need to pass these rediculous prices on to us while reaping record profits I'm sorry I won't contribute. All I can say is watch where you buy gas and stay away from the big oil giants!

Check ticker XOM. Americas most profitable company the last several years. If everyone stopped using their gas they would have no choice but to lower the price, then others would have to follow or they would suffer a similar fate.
Agreed with everything you said. Sad thing is, these big oil companies are a large part of most of our retirement plans in one way or the other. Seriously, if you have a 401k look and see which one or more is in your selection of funds. It sucks, right now, these stocks are about the only ones making squat for gains. I've discussed this topic of high oil prices in other forums and all it does is make my blood pressure rise. I don't know what to do, but I am all for trying something.
If you are a tree hugger and hate oil consumption then go buy yourself a bicycle or a skateboard and get the hell out of my way I gotta get to work!
They already have. Wait till warm weather hits, they'll be peddling out of the wood works. Drives me nuts. 5 p.m., rush hour, trying to head west, sun in my eyes, can't see anything, trying to make that one last pickup, and here's some jomoke on his 10 speed backing up traffic. Then you get some crooked metro mayor who is a tree hugging, green freak trying to impress his bicycle buddies by getting bike lanes put on the sides of what should be a 5 lane road, but is now a 4 lane road with 2 bike paths and no center turn lane! Paid for by my tax dollars! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr I used to have a bicycle when I was 10.

I have the solution, If you know a tree hugger ask them to give you money for gas so you can live and do all your daily tasks, after all a tree hugger is most likely a left leaning person. Now when they start to argue with you over oil usage remind them that they have a car in the garage just like you do, how do they feel about oil prices. The solution to all of this is simple. Anwar is in Alaska and has the richest oil reserve in the world. But we cant drill there because the tree huggers are worried about the Caribou!
Too bad we don`t truck in the northwest,I wonder how many points for running over a Caribou? Or for that matter one of those tree huggers!

GAS Prices

Every time I hear things like this "Not buying gas from a particular station " I want to PUKE my guts out. So what you are telling me is that the particular station you are boycotting you are gonna drive FURTHER down the road to prove your point?? How foolish is this? You are gonna use MORE GAS and further add to the problem. I see everyday people sitting at the end of their driveway ( about a 75 foot driveway) idling the car, the school bus comes the kids get out they back the car up the driveway and opens the garage door and parks the car ( I go home fro work and see this repeated 15 times a day 5 days a weeek. WE ( Americans ) need to look in the mirrors as to where the problem lies WE USE TOO MUCH GAS.. How many of you out here are reading this go to one grocery store for the selection of meat, drive to another for their selection of produce and to yet drive even further down the roas to get that $4 cup of coffee they cannot function without WAKE UP AMERICA ( I am not calling any one in here a fool) just our behavior)

gas prices and ANWAR

i agree we ahve all the OIL we need its not OIL we need its the refinery capacity to do something with this OIL, till we have refinerys its useless crude. Another thing who really cares that a bsaeball player used 'roids good heavens has congress nothing better to do. You are right about tree huggers. I mean who really cares about the mating habits of the sthree spotted fruit flies??? Eliminate PORK from the budget and spent where it matters

The American public has been asleep at the wheel for quite some time and are about to wake up to a living nightmare. Too many people live on credit to buy things that they can not afford,but have to have for a status symbol. Big oil is not the only one who are ****** us. Take a look at what the banks have and are doing to people. Someone should be locked up. Aside from my home if I don't have cash to buy something I save till I do. People need to learn to manage their finances and all the rest will fall into place. You can't escape big oil no matter how hard you try. Big boys sell to smaller companies and so on and so on till it gets down to mom and pop.They have us in a stranglehold and it is gonna get a HELL of a lot more expensive to buy fuel which as we all know drives up the price of everything else.Vicious circle.

I am all for opening Anwar and some of the other feilds that are off limits due to enviromental concerns. The oil producer and the enviroMENTAL monitors should be working side by side toward a common goal of getting us off our addiction to foreign oil,not as advisaries.

I have the solution, If you know a tree hugger ask them to give you money for gas so you can live and do all your daily tasks, after all a tree hugger is most likely a left leaning person. Now when they start to argue with you over oil usage remind them that they have a car in the garage just like you do, how do they feel about oil prices. The solution to all of this is simple. Anwar is in Alaska and has the richest oil reserve in the world. But we cant drill there because the tree huggers are worried about the Caribou! This makes no sense to me all we have to do is drill here refine here produce here and tell the rest of the world to **** off! Now as for the Alasken pipeline it's time to turn it south, east in other words let the American people reap the rewards. If you are a tree hugger and hate oil consumption then go buy yourself a bicycle or a skateboard and get the hell out of my way I gotta get to work! It's time to stand up to big oil. Just my two cents! I don't buy from gas stations that are like Exxon ,Shell BP etc. If they are so broke that they need to pass these rediculous prices on to us while reaping record profits I'm sorry I won't contribute. All I can say is watch where you buy gas and stay away from the big oil giants!
If we can take over an entire country in the Middle East, surely we can get past the enviromentalist in Alaska. Oh and by the way, all of the big oil giants sell their gasoline to everybody. It's sold to the highest bidder.

The problem with oil prices is correctly mentioned to be oil speculators and the low value of the dollar. As the dollar de-values, since oil is priced in dollars the amount of dollars increases to buy the same amount.