TForce | UPS Freight contract now posted!!!!!

Are you saying the California Teamsters are not going to try to get someting better out there in the shaky state?

Do they think they aren't going to get anymore out of UPS?

Or are they just throwing up their hands and are saying if you want a union contract,your going to except the Indy contract and thats all your going to get for now?

Why I always thought the Teamsters wanted us to get the best?

Oh yeah sorry about that.
It was Leo that always said we were going to be the best with the best equipment,wages,benefits,and job security.

News Flash... I just found out this morning that California will not be negotiating supplements. This info come directly thru the union Rep. The Indy Contract, is what you see, is what you get. Minus the .50 cent of retro pay. I guess this is what you call a white paper contract...???????

Non-sense, the contracts will not all be like INDY, there are different laws in every state that will effect the contract. One union rep in Cal. does not speak for all locals or employees.

Still have yet to see anything on benefits. Also nothing about if Line Drivers will still receive 1/52nd for vacation.

Also, why is the top rate such a big secret? And why do we have to split the raises into halves?

Why is the start out so low? I guess they figure on recruiting on the brand alone. I don't think we will be able to recruit quality drivers with this scale.

I hope it's BS.

We can't even recruit quality driver now. In the past 4 months we have had 4 quality drivers quit when we were already 4 drivers in the hole and they have only hired 2 in the past two months.

Question for you guys. Do you think there are going to be supplements(per region/local) in addition to the UPS Freight general contract. Because maybe Indy's supplements were great and that is why they voted for the contract???? And if so why aren't they sharing that info??

I wouldn't want to share it either.:hysterical:

Welcome to the boards BigEd!!! Yes, regional suppliments are what is going to take place. New England has one of the strongest supplimental contracts in the country.

New England will be one of the very few union terminals with this crap they are trying to sell us. Those oh so caring teamsters.:hysterical:

News Flash... I just found out this morning that California will not be negotiating supplements. This info come directly thru the union Rep. The Indy Contract, is what you see, is what you get. Minus the .50 cent of retro pay. I guess this is what you call a white paper contract...???????

WOW! Someone's paying attention...

Are you saying the California Teamsters are not going to try to get someting better out there in the shaky state?

Do they think they aren't going to get anymore out of UPS?

Or are they just throwing up their hands and are saying if you want a union contract,your going to except the Indy contract and thats all your going to get for now?

Why I always thought the Teamsters wanted us to get the best?

Oh yeah sorry about that.
It was Leo that always said we were going to be the best with the best equipment,wages,benefits,and job security.

I think we will get more out of UPS. My money is on them. The teamsters already showed us what a joke they are.:1036316054:

We can't even recruit quality driver now. In the past 4 months we have had 4 quality drivers quit when we were already 4 drivers in the hole and they have only hired 2 in the past two months.

Ups does hope to get guys by brand name. Once they truely clean up the mess that was ovnt. The reason why starting pay will change is UPS is not going to pay new drivers alot off money staight off, new hire cause 95% of all accidents, hurt production, and cost alot to train. If you want to work for UPS, then you will have to put the time in to get the top money.

That rumor about UPS buying Conway is going around again. Maybe that is where we will get our quality drivers...:funky:

That rumor about UPS buying Conway is going around again. Maybe that is where we will get our quality drivers...:funky:

It was abf a short time ago. I think UPS has enough to chew on right now with the old ovnt. Once they get this thing fixed then maybe someone else.

Still have yet to see anything on benefits. Also nothing about if Line Drivers will still receive 1/52nd for vacation.

Also, why is the top rate such a big secret? And why do we have to split the raises into halves?

Why is the start out so low? I guess they figure on recruiting on the brand alone. I don't think we will be able to recruit quality drivers with this scale.

I hope it's BS.

You are not kidding, If they get in before the contract they will be golden, after the fact forget it.

I think we will get more out of UPS.
You are absolutely correct, more BS!!!
My money is on them.
Thats right, more spent on health care. OT after 42hrs. No delay pay.
The teamsters already showed us what a joke they are.
The joke will be on the ones who do not go union. Don't get in an accident. Need a few days off for a family emergency. Pull the wrong loads. Not shinning shoes. Blowing a tire on the way to work and being late. I could go on. Right now, Buster Freight is clamping down hard on it's employees. Its called control. By firing or suspending someone for stupid things or things out of there control is wrong. If you fire or suspend people enough, you quickly gain a subdued workforce who will not even fart without permission.

New England will be one of the very few union terminals with this crap they are trying to sell us. Those oh so caring teamsters.:hysterical:

The joke will be on the ones who do not go union. Don't get in an accident. Need a few days off for a family emergency. Pull the wrong loads. Not shinning shoes. Blowing a tire on the way to work and being late. I could go on. Right now, Buster Freight is clamping down hard on it's employees. Its called control. By firing or suspending someone for stupid things or things out of there control is wrong. If you fire or suspend people enough, you quickly gain a subdued workforce who will not even fart without permission.