TForce | UPS Freight contract now posted!!!!!

The joke will be on the ones who do not go union. Don't get in an accident. Need a few days off for a family emergency. Pull the wrong loads. Not shinning shoes. Blowing a tire on the way to work and being late. I could go on. Right now, Buster Freight is clamping down hard on it's employees. Its called control. By firing or suspending someone for stupid things or things out of there control is wrong. If you fire or suspend people enough, you quickly gain a subdued workforce who will not even fart without permission.

I hear that the company is cutting back the hours on the full time dock workers and giving more hours to the part timers. In the future I see NO more full time dock workers.

I know this has been a practise at some of Overnites terminals for many years .
Any dock worker who doesn't have a CDL license is concidered only part time.
with part time benefits,and wages even though they may be working up to 60,or more hours on their shifts every week.

I know for a fact the Buffalo terminal is just that way,and has been for a few years.

The dock workers without CDL's were told they could be go to fultime wages,and benefits if they got their CDL but if not they would never be able to be concidered fultime no matter how long they work here.

open your eyes.when part timers come in yhey take money out of your pocket. dont wory about it, the company makes tons of money

What TDU has posted if in fact that is the contract for INDY it is a joke if they settle for that. SPLIT RAISES! LOL! Where is the weeks of vaction, week of sick pay and week of personal holidays?:hysterical:

THANK YOU! Don't forget the same retirement formula.:hysterical:
Who are the winners here and why is it so hard to figure out.
Teamsters bread and butter is UPS. It is no wonder they would come up with a contract for UPS not the poor working stiffs they are so concerned about.:hysterical:

I think Indy wanted that contract so bad it was like the man that wanted a new car so bad and the salesman was so good he didn't catch the 21% interest on the 7 year contract. But the pitch was so good he still believes he got a good deal. But now he won't talk about the contract.

No offense to anyone who has negative thoughts about the contract. But I want that contract RIGHT now. Yes I look forward to having better and feel that it is possibly less than what I expected. But we NEED something right now.. THE VERY FIRST thing you want in a contract is respect, and you gain that with the grievance procedure. Please everyone sign the cards so that we all can stick it to UPS when the contract is up with our strong bargaining power. Thank you INDY, my card is signed.. And another thing that people don't realize, the union would not fight UPS if they wanted to give us more than what they negotiated for like 401k match. UPS takes that away because it is a perk.. They could easily still match it if they wanted too. I don't trust UPS...

No offense to anyone who has negative thoughts about the contract. But I want that contract RIGHT now. Yes I look forward to having better and feel that it is possibly less than what I expected. But we NEED something right now.. THE VERY FIRST thing you want in a contract is respect, and you gain that with the grievance procedure. Please everyone sign the cards so that we all can stick it to UPS when the contract is up with our strong bargaining power. Thank you INDY, my card is signed.. And another thing that people don't realize, the union would not fight UPS if they wanted to give us more than what they negotiated for like 401k match. UPS takes that away because it is a perk.. They could easily still match it if they wanted too. I don't trust UPS...

You don't trust UPS and I don't trust the teamsters. Really either one. But what I do trust is a good contract.
UPS and the teamsters cooked up this deal. Just what makes you think we will get that much better the next go around.

It's all about the contract and if it is not what we want or there are things in it that shouldn't be you don't sign until it's right.

The ball is in our court not theirs. The teamsters need us bad. I still can't believe what Indy settled for.

You don't trust UPS and I don't trust the teamsters. Really either one. But what I do trust is a good contract.
UPS and the teamsters cooked up this deal. Just what makes you think we will get that much better the next go around.

It's all about the contract and if it is not what we want or there are things in it that shouldn't be you don't sign until it's right.

The ball is in our court not theirs. The teamsters need us bad. I still can't believe what Indy settled for.

Skeeter, I thought we asked you not to drink too much before you got on your PC? :hysterical:

Skeeter, I thought we asked you not to drink too much before you got on your PC? :hysterical:

OK, I have the solution I think. Just the terminals that seem to be having all the problems with TM's and supervises go with the union. All the rest stay nonunion.

That should be enough terminals to get the teamsters out of bed with UPS.

If it really is true that some of you have it that bad then I would think that might be a good solution.

That way the majority of the terminals can really put the pressure on the teamsters.

Believe me they need us more than you think.
I'm waiting for the blood bath next year when MFA contract is up.

Remember no more strikes so I want to see the leverage they are going to have.

That wasn't meant to be a anti-union remark.

Mark it down I would walk the picket line for a better contract than we got from Indy.:1036316054:

You know Skeeter you are making a very good point.
Some of us really need representation more so then the wages,and benefits offered with the Indy contract.

Maybe if we had a good Human Resource department who really cared about us poor mistreated freighthaulers none of us would be willing to except this contract?

Well maybe we are getting ahead of ourselves, when this venture started my beef and most agreed, was to have a lineup of work rules and a greivance procedure. Did we all forget that? And if I am wright , is'nt that what INDY put in the contract!!!

Read listen and learn, and by the way Skeeter, if you were for the union, as you say you are ,then you know as well as I that a company divided, has no negotiating power.

That is what happened with "O". And again, if "O" was so concearned about our well being in the last strike, they should have subsided when people were getting hurt ,and possibly killed, and negotiated in good faith ,instead they decided it was in thier best interest to allow people to get hurt, and continue the good fight in the process, for thier own best interest in mind, certainly not our's.

Now because this contract that is supposedly SUB-PAR, this means we should stay non union, is that it?

Once you sighn the cards, like it or not, you are union. I get the impression you do not want the union skeeter, why lead us astray? You have not really wanted it scince I have been on this board.