XPO | Usa Today Ad

Nothing new on Corky replacement yet as of yesterday at UKC FAC (the real communications pipeline)...we are getting nervous up here because we don't want to lose our guy in sac, but he says he is happy doing his thing here with us...$$ talk, though....we're hoping he stays...any rumblings in the south..??

Nothing.....if anyone knows, they aren't talking. Wouldn't be surprised to see it come from the outside, back in L or N country......Don't think anyone from down here is in the running.....:sumo:

the timing seems to coincide with the competition rolling out their new and improved customer service. Their pitch focuses on faster more streamlined service lanes. Human nature will cause you to pay closer attention when the packaging gets a make-over with the words "New and Improved" added to it. Our counter-measures appear to be centered on the fact that we still do it fast and on time 98% of the time.

Faster

Nothing against conway but what areas are "faster"?from east-west coast or miami to boston?please have more info.it's going to be hard to beat coast to coast with fed ex nat or ups frt.i guess that's why conway bought CFI

we've been using the team system for years coast to coast...so we can pick it up in Newport Beach, Ca. Monday afternoon and deliver it to Miami Beach, or Virginia Beach on Thursday morning...when I was P&D, our customers used to comment that they couldn't believe that...but, it's true...others are starting to catch up to us now, employing similar practices...
It would be too bad if Corky's replacement came from outside the west, because that would defeat the whole promote from within preachings we hear all the time...I am sure there are some deserving guys here in the west..and the one thing the west doesn't need is a Dave M clone...as "beloved" as he appears to be back east, at least from what I read here, I don't think the west will tolerate the poor treatment...They will jump ship faster than you can get the dingys in the water.. too many good options out there now, even in tough economic times..

Nothing against conway but what areas are "faster"?from east-west coast or miami to boston?please have more info.it's going to be hard to beat coast to coast with fed ex nat or ups frt.i guess that's why conway bought CFI
Hey we didn't write the ad...there is a footnote at the bottom that says the info. is based on industry average transit times...:funky:

actually, in our Monday meeting (which apparently not everyone has) they said this info came from the National Traffic Database...these are the same people that tell you the % of on time service in the airline industry...you can look it up on their website....the info is credible, and accurate....but not surprising to most CWF employees...most of us are pretty proud of what we can do coast to coast...and in-between..

Kudos for the ad in USA Today. To bad the process ended with the purchase of the papers and stickers. Who was to sticker the papers? DSRs? FOSs? Friday should have been a blackout day for AEs and they should have been in their offices at 5:30 AM to ramrod this endeavor. There are bundles of unopened papers across the nation. Well it's free birdcage lining for someone. Too bad, once again, a good idea falls flat due to poor planning and follow through. Press on

I can't believe nobody has brought this up yet....The Conway Freight ad in the USA TODAY. It's almost a half page... must have cost atleast 50 or 60 grand.

Try $750k for a nationwide ad that will run weekly for the next 4 week. You will not see the other ads that will run every week. :biglaugh:

Yet another LARGE pile of unsolicited newspapers lying around in terminals this week. Press on

Yet another LARGE pile of unsolicited newspapers lying around in terminals this week. Press on

I might be the only one, but I like it. This is the best campaign Conway has had. People have no idea who we are compared to UPSF or FedEx. We need the Brand Recognition!!! In my area at least, we are 1-3 days faster than the rest. Our tonnage is pretty good too....

I might be the only one, but I like it. This is the best campaign Conway has had. People have no idea who we are compared to UPSF or FedEx. We need the Brand Recognition!!! In my area at least, we are 1-3 days faster than the rest. Our tonnage is pretty good too....
That ad was on the back of the sports section. I thought it was funny, that right when you opened the sports to about the 3rd or 4th page, there was a big picture of Denny Hamlin and his FEDEX jumpsuit. The article and picture took up half the page. I'm sure a lot more folks saw that than the Conway ad.

I agree with the ad and any exposure weather on a race truck or national periodicle such as the usa today. Each ad is like a sales rep that does not require gas for the vehicle or benefits etc.

They (the distributors) have purposely overstocked everyone in the hopes of getting more papers into more of the hands of people who might not normally subscribe to USA Today. It is widely read, mainly in hotels and airports, by the very businessmen and women who are in positions to make decisions about their company's spending, including transportation. For years, I have listened to employees say that we are not doing enough to get the word out about our company. Do any of you know what the annual marketing spend is for FedEx? Funny commercials are great, but they cost millions to produce, and millions to put on TV. This spend for 4 weeks was approximately 750,000 dollars and had the potential to reach some 8 million people. Not too bad. And the race truck is a great idea because it does put us out there during the race, gives us options as an associate sponsor to get on the Nationwide car, and it gives us an outlet for customer entertainment, which is needed because, like it or not, to generate big $$, you have to invest them too. And big $$ customers still love to be entertained, just like they did in the 80s after deregulation.
So we are trying to do some things to get the word out, yet people still complain. I would have hated to see your opinions had we produced one of those funny little commercials at millions in expense, only to be able to afford to show it one or two times.

They (the distributors) have purposely overstocked everyone in the hopes of getting more papers into more of the hands of people who might not normally subscribe to USA Today. It is widely read, mainly in hotels and airports, by the very businessmen and women who are in positions to make decisions about their company's spending, including transportation. For years, I have listened to employees say that we are not doing enough to get the word out about our company. Do any of you know what the annual marketing spend is for FedEx? Funny commercials are great, but they cost millions to produce, and millions to put on TV. This spend for 4 weeks was approximately 750,000 dollars and had the potential to reach some 8 million people. Not too bad. And the race truck is a great idea because it does put us out there during the race, gives us options as an associate sponsor to get on the Nationwide car, and it gives us an outlet for customer entertainment, which is needed because, like it or not, to generate big $$, you have to invest them too. And big $$ customers still love to be entertained, just like they did in the 80s after deregulation.
So we are trying to do some things to get the word out, yet people still complain. I would have hated to see your opinions had we produced one of those funny little commercials at millions in expense, only to be able to afford to show it one or two times.
How about a Super Bowl commercial? Man that would be expensive.