Yellow | UTILITY DRIVERS NOW?

What is a utility driver? asking for me.
No smart azz answers, please.
What are their duties?

What are their duties?
Our UE guys drive with a load to Camp Hill. They work the dock there to load a trailer of freight destined for Scranton & bring it back home. They are paid 1 dollar more an hour [ for their huge sacrifice] than city P&D drivers

That would be a multi-purpose screw driver with a hammer on one end. Hence, the ability to drive the screw multiple ways. Come to think of it, “screw driver” is what most freight companies are doing to drivers these days in many different ways. So I guess the freight business is now the Utility business.

What are their duties?
That would be a multi-purpose screw driver with a hammer on one end. Hence, the ability to drive the screw multiple ways. Come to think of it, “screw driver” is what most freight companies are doing to drivers these days in many different ways. So I guess the freight business is now the Utility business.
Smart Azz.:1036316054:

Son, don’t attempt to lesson me on “brotherly”. This huge pay gap has been rubbed into the noses of the city men for years. Is that “brotherly”? We’re supposed to be “One Yellow” now. How about “One union” too. If you want to preach “brotherly” then help them bring theirs up towards the same level.
That is what happens when contracts with several pay scales are allowed. Needs to be set pay scales across the board that are equal in the end. That’s how it was prior to 2008, since then it has been vote yes or close the doors (that’s how crap contracts got passed). just my opinion.

SLAVENOMORE, here something, a different opinion about New Penn dismissal.
Brother, I agree and disagree. Companies are not here to make happy workers and give work that you only like to do. A company offer you a job, in this case driver, dock worker or clerk and compensate you for what you do. Also we are lucky to have some kind of protection and rules in place.
Clear on that? :chairshot:
Now you were doing a job for years that you kind of like it and were satisfy with the money compensation and other benefits.
Now, with all the things we've been through, there are changes that for you, some are wrong or poor management...
Who cares???
:crybaby:
I don't care if there are 400 line drivers or 10!!!

I don't care if the trailer is 53' or a pup!!!

I don't care if drivers don't like the early shifts anymore!!!

I don't care if the freight is double stacked!!!

I care when I punch in, if I'm driver early or late shift that I have an assignment, I'll go thru whatever they want me to do, punch out for the day and expect check clears the following Friday. That's it!!!
If there is point of future time that for some reason company make all kinds of changes and do not meet my way of life, I will move on; or worse company shuts down because of all their bad decisions.
And last, I agree we must stay strong as a union and demand an increase in our base pay and get rid off all tiers of pay.
:couch:
Happy Labor Day!!!
:usa:

They cut road and replace road with utility employees(UE for short).
They come in sometime after 8:30Pm. They work the dock here and ours can bid on start time and one of 2 destination terminals.
They work the dock here then take trailer to there and get out of the truck there and work the dock again.
Then they might take a trailer to another terminal and come home or bring a trailer straight home.
Maybe they'll do a swap at a customer enroute to home. Then they get home and work the dock again and can be sent out for a city swap after that.
They do a lot of hours/day. More than they want alot of days.

They sold it to New Penn by saying we will never use it. It won't work with New Penn's system.

Then....they changed it to Yellow's system.
Now they use it.
Sounds like they're doing away with line drivers.

Sure has changed from my days.

Our UE guys drive with a load to Camp Hill. They work the dock there to load a trailer of freight destined for Scranton & bring it back home. They are paid 1 dollar more an hour [ for their huge sacrifice] than city P&D drivers
WOW, when I worked if they asked you to drop or hook or touch a piece of freight and a dock or city driver was on the clock,
you were paid 6 hrs.
I was at a foreign terminal when the TM asked me to fuel my tractor.
I told him "I have never been trained to fuel, I wouldn't know what to do in case of fire or emergency"
I heard him tell a dock worker, "fuel that tractor and show that dumbazz driver how to get off the F$#@&!G yard"

WOW, when I worked if they asked you to drop or hook or touch a piece of freight and a dock or city driver was on the clock,
you were paid 6 hrs.
I was at a foreign terminal when the TM asked me to fuel my tractor.
I told him "I have never been trained to fuel, I wouldn't know what to do in case of fire or emergency"
I heard him tell a dock worker, "fuel that tractor and show that dumbazz driver how to get off the F$#@&!G yard"
Our dock workers at night would do all the switching for the road guys coming into Scranton except for Springfield drivers it was in their contract to do their own drop & hooks. I heard years ago drivers used to get paid an hour on the clock for their drop& hooks. Now it’s only a half hour

Our dock workers at night would do all the switching for the road guys coming into Scranton except for Springfield drivers it was in their contract to do their own drop & hooks. I heard years ago drivers used to get paid an hour on the clock for their drop& hooks. Now it’s only a half hour
An hour for a set, 1/2 hr for a 45.