FedEx Freight | Vaccine mandate is back...

Will you or have you complied?

• Yes

Votes: 44 32.8%
  • No

Votes: 83 61.9%
  • Undecided

Votes: 7 5.2%

• Total voters

screweddaily

TB Lurker
Credits
The vaccine mandate has been reinstated by the 6th district Court and the new deadline for implementation is Jan 10. This will make it to the Supreme Court in time. Has anyone heard what FedEx's stance is on the policy? Will we be allowed to be tested? Will we be forced to get the jab. As drivers will we stand against it or just take the jab and move on?

ALL employers are in chaos right now. Ours included. (Caregiving, medical)

From what we know is simply this. The day our employer says you get jab or no job is our last day there. Period. End. Dot. Finished. Employer knows this. They also know that 40% or more will quit right with us that day. Leaving their client base unserviced and without income to employer. They will go out of business and lose the State Contracted care hours as well.

With that in mind we watch the SCOTUS and see what happens there. If they grew a pair and remember our freedoms then we will be fine without a mandate. If they allowed the Biden Mandate to stay active then we are all fooked. I cannot begin to imagine 2022 without recalling the 9 weeks when everything was closed in spring of 2020.

From what we know is simply this. The day our employer says you get jab or no job is our last day there. Period. End. Dot. Finished. Employer knows this. They also know that 40% or more will quit right with us that day. Leaving their client base unserviced and without income to employer. They will go out of business and lose the State Contracted care hours as well.

With that in mind we watch the SCOTUS and see what happens there. If they grew a pair and remember our freedoms then we will be fine without a mandate. If they allowed the Biden Mandate to stay active then we are all fooked. I cannot begin to imagine 2022 without recalling the 9 weeks when everything was closed in spring of 2020.
Maybe wherever you are located but the majority of drivers at my site are vaccinated.

I find it sad most drivers are just seeing this as a move up in seniority instead of your rights being taken away. One day they will come after something you stand for and you will be made to comply over the greed you have today .
REMEMBER your job is only as secure as your employer wants it to be.

Last edited:
Maybe wherever you are located but the majority of drivers at my site are vaccinated.
We do not have mandates for employers here in Arkansas. Its up to the person to seek vaccination.

Employers might require vaccinations, however the workers are absolutely free to leave such employers if they feel that its a impossible situation.

There are people who are vaccinated in my building and some are not. The vaxed ones had to isolate for two weeks because they were dropping covid virus (Shedding). Some got covid both vax and unvaxed and recovered nicely. No biggie.

There are businesses who mask their workers, but customers come and go with or without masks no big deal. If you are afraid and feel safe with a mask? no one will bother you here about it. Its your choice for yourself.

I believe that the vaccines failed. Just a matter of weeks before the Leadership really doubles down on the hysteria and boosters every other week. Jab jab jab jab and more jab. Doctors are showing evidence of parasites, heart trouble and healthy fit people dropping dead in public and so on. 150 pilots out of a few thousands in Airlines have been disqualified medically from flying ever again due to heart trouble and other aiments caused by getting vaxxed.

If the drivers want to jab? Have at it. Thats not the problem. The problem is the leadership, legislatures and media specifcally pushing a thought to the People that they are not free to decide for themselves. Thats the problem.

This week the white house behaves like a dark black scary angel of death threatening dying enmasse among the unvaxxed etc.

Whatever man, I laugh at such proclaimations. I already made the decision years ago not to jab and if it causes me to get covid and die? Or die of something else? Whatever. Its fine. It would be doing me a favor at this point in time. This old body needs recycling.

It's called the great reset. There will be company's that go out of business. And some that won't. Just depends on how much you depend on your job!

I don't think it will happen.

Front line medical being forced is DOA.
If frontline medical personnel isn't mamdated, then it's hard to make a case for any other profession.

Immediately, the entire logistics and supply chain would collapse in 24hrs.

I'm gonna keep showing up till they fire me

I find it sad most drivers are just seeing this as a move up in seniority instead of your rights being taken away. One day they will come after something you stand for and you will be made to comply over the greed you have today .
REMEMBER your job is only as secure as your employer wants it to be.
many drivers at my center are not vaccinated and the ones that are that I have talked to are worried because they realize they submitted once and now on the horizon in the near future booster after booster after booster after booster to keep there vaccination status updated and to maintain employment in the future

I am part of the will not comply. Seems like there is a substantial portion of peers that within the industry that will move on from large employers to those that can slide under the mandate requirements. I would cation believing that drivers are exempt, keep in mind, most drivers for fxf are also dock workers and all of p/d have interactions with customers etc. Please make sure and let your leadership and political representatives know where you stand on this treacherous violation of personal freedoms. This sets the precedent for the next thing the guv wants to force upon you.

To each their own. I could care less who gets the shot and who doesn't. It's not my place to tell them to get it or not. I have mine and recently got booster. 3 shots and no effects. Granted it's different for everyone. As high up on seniority as I am there's only a few that would either quit or risk losing their jobs if mandated, not the way I want to move up seniority. Majority would probably retire rather than dealing with mandate. I want to move up seniority like everyone else but would rather it be because they retire or transfer to warmer weather, not because of Bidens vax mandate! I think that's why our place has hired so many newbies because they are anticipating people quitting. I know it's not because of the freight levels that keep dropping off.

To each their own. I could care less who gets the shot and who doesn't. It's not my place to tell them to get it or not. I have mine and recently got booster. 3 shots and no effects. Granted it's different for everyone. As high up on seniority as I am there's only a few that would either quit or risk losing their jobs if mandated, not the way I want to move up seniority. Majority would probably retire rather than dealing with mandate. I want to move up seniority like everyone else but would rather it be because they retire or transfer to warmer weather, not because of Bidens vax mandate! I think that's why our place has hired so many newbies because they are anticipating people quitting. I know it's not because of the freight levels that keep dropping off.
Wish I was close enough to retire. I will hold out till the end. Should of took the buyout in the Watkins deal

Same here. Been here going 18 years. Still got another 20 or so pending on health. Most of us wasn't even offered the buyout from our place because we were within the 50 mile threshold of the terminal