TForce | Verbal Abuse

[quote author=Johnny Big Rig link=topic=79894.msg827813#msg827813 date=1273245330]
[quote author=dalamo67 link=topic=79894.msg827604#msg827604 date=1273166753]
No its not in the I35 corridoor its in the Southeast, and the problem is that the TM and the ATM our just as big of an A** as the sup. The TM puts so much pressure on the Sups that they try and take it out on us and yes it was a casual that it happened to (this time). They all make the extra effort on how to make our jobs more difficult rather than try and find a way for things to go smooth. This week on the dock its been an average of about 90 degrees and humid as hell youd think they would get some fans or have a water cooler on the dock but nooo thats too easy of a problem to solve, and the thing is if your seen in the breakroom getting water or trying to cool off for a bit the TM, which is sitting in his nice COOL office looking thru the window towards the dock is calling the sup to get us out of there. Were getting written up down here for things like clocking 1 minute late or for only taking a 29 minute lunch break instead of the full 30 or if you go over 1 minute after your 6hrs before taking a lunch
[/quote]
I've worked this dock before for quite some time and I'm not gonna even make it sound like said sup was justified in his comments however, all you need to do is walk into the bathroom past those fancy hand dryers and look straight ahead at that shiny thing on the wall. There lies your problem. it's a wonder that half the people there don't have to come to work with a helmet on, the place is full of idiots. The job is not that difficult, you take freight off of 1 trailer and put it on another your mocb even tells you what door to load it on. I seen 1 guy misload 3 shipments in one day, should the sup have brought him coffee and honey bun? As far as the rest of the stuff, if you clock in 1 minute late are you late? If a tree falls in the woods and nobody hears it, oh never mind. They tell you to take 30 minutes not 25 and not 33, at least that is what I was told. I believe the weather is gonna be hot there for awhile get used to it. This company and that terminal is not perfect but if you've been here awhile that place and that manager are 100 times better than it was even 5 years ago. Ya'll brought this ::shit:: on yourself so get used to it. Whats ya'lls motto "Just keep filing they'll listen then" Peace out :thumbsup:
[/quote]Listen here you miserable piece of garbage, we will see who is left standing when UPS engages it's BROWN wrath upon UPSF. Supervisors such as yourself will be employed by Saia, Estes,Con-Way,Old Dominion etc. etc. And we will still be here. You are correct my debating partner from the past. "Ya'll brought this ::shit:: on yourself so get used to it". We are fully aware of that fact, and we will relish in our victory. Teamster Elvis out....

Dude...I dont know what sgt carter looks like.... probably has a marine haircut...hollers at the dumbest one on the dock...i'm just tellin you what i understand from all the road drivers goin south outta DAL tell me or the other drivers that tell me whats goin on in some other barn....did I not make it clear what the I-35 grapevine is? probably the same as the I-20 and I-30 and I-49 and all other grapevines rooted in DAL.....which by the way has no skills when it comes to proper loadingof frt that will move less than 300 miles...my god i have loaded city routes with more care than these capable men show. i say its the lack of professional supervision on the dock in DAL...and SNT.....AND HST.......ETC

Loads come from all docks looking like crap. Just part of the business I guess. They can't all be perfect. When I work the dock I try to load the freight and nice as possible. I guess the investment in a ::shit:: load of racks in Feb has got to be paying off. I am using them more and more. I prefer to use them because it makes like easier and we seem to never get load bar trailers at my barn.

[quote author=dalamo67 link=topic=79894.msg827994#msg827994 date=1273303970]
[quote author=Johnny Big Rig link=topic=79894.msg827813#msg827813 date=1273245330]
[quote author=dalamo67 link=topic=79894.msg827604#msg827604 date=1273166753]
No its not in the I35 corridoor its in the Southeast, and the problem is that the TM and the ATM our just as big of an A** as the sup. The TM puts so much pressure on the Sups that they try and take it out on us and yes it was a casual that it happened to (this time). They all make the extra effort on how to make our jobs more difficult rather than try and find a way for things to go smooth. This week on the dock its been an average of about 90 degrees and humid as hell youd think they would get some fans or have a water cooler on the dock but nooo thats too easy of a problem to solve, and the thing is if your seen in the breakroom getting water or trying to cool off for a bit the TM, which is sitting in his nice COOL office looking thru the window towards the dock is calling the sup to get us out of there. Were getting written up down here for things like clocking 1 minute late or for only taking a 29 minute lunch break instead of the full 30 or if you go over 1 minute after your 6hrs before taking a lunch
[/quote]
I've worked this dock before for quite some time and I'm not gonna even make it sound like said sup was justified in his comments however, all you need to do is walk into the bathroom past those fancy hand dryers and look straight ahead at that shiny thing on the wall. There lies your problem. it's a wonder that half the people there don't have to come to work with a helmet on, the place is full of idiots. The job is not that difficult, you take freight off of 1 trailer and put it on another your mocb even tells you what door to load it on. I seen 1 guy misload 3 shipments in one day, should the sup have brought him coffee and honey bun? As far as the rest of the stuff, if you clock in 1 minute late are you late? If a tree falls in the woods and nobody hears it, oh never mind. They tell you to take 30 minutes not 25 and not 33, at least that is what I was told. I believe the weather is gonna be hot there for awhile get used to it. This company and that terminal is not perfect but if you've been here awhile that place and that manager are 100 times better than it was even 5 years ago. Ya'll brought this ::shit:: on yourself so get used to it. Whats ya'lls motto "Just keep filing they'll listen then" Peace out :thumbsup:
[/quote]
Well johnny big rig it seems that you must be a bigger Idiot than the ones that work there because if you saw like you said you did that a guy misloaded three shipments in one day and you did nothing as a fellow worker you should Apply for a management position because you have the same way of thinking as they do "wait till an employee screws up" and 1 more thing i gaurantee that when my Tm goes to your barn to do an audit you and everyone there walk on eggshells and keep looking behind your backs because you really know how sneeky he is. Gotta go now but im sure ill see you around the minihub. Take care and good luck
[/quote]
Wow D a little touchy ?I guess I should have clarified myself, I didn't personally see the misload 2 of them happened at the end of the outbound and the other one happened during the hub, so sorry to tell an untruth. And nah your TM coming to my "Barn" doesn't really bother me, I try to keep my stuff in line. I just find it hard to believe that people are happy that a man lost his job in these tough times. You know Management gets 1 shot and they have nobody to stand up for them while I know of 1 driver there that has been fired 5 times is it? And brought back! Please read my first sentence again, whatever the emp did will never justify anyone raising their voice or cussing at an employee. Maybe that sup has things going on in his personal life that no one knows about, was he offered help? I know for one thing in the 16 months he's been there he nor any other sup or manager has received a raise, that's gotta suck don't you think? Maybe one day you will see me on the hub but right now I'm doing other things, And please tell ELVIS that I'm not a supervisor iust a Super Driver! Thanks and Be Safe :thumbsup:

[quote author=cmsdock link=topic=79894.msg828339#msg828339 date=1273416029]
One of the sups here told us that ups won't give them a raise because they make to much as it is.
[/quote]

LMMFAO!!! You know... I would say that most of the ones that I know are overpaid!!!!

[quote author=cmsdock link=topic=79894.msg828487#msg828487 date=1273451555]
I think its more like underpaid and overworked.
[/quote]
I believe you said it right CMS. :thumbsup: Why is it that most see it as an Us against them? It would be so much better if we all just worked together towards a common goal, turning this place around.Peace out

Well...it's funny you mention gettin on board and makin it work. I, for the last 14 months or so, have run my barn from midnite till whenever the clerical or mgt decided to show up. I took care of ALL phases of the operation in that time frame....dispatchin rddrs, osd, itsm, mocb,dlrp,depl,etc......I was informed last thurs that i could no longer do this. I FEEL like I was slapped in the face for being , maybe less than worthy of trust, or maybe fear of exposing shortfalls in the DAILY ops, I really dont know..... I will say it hurts my heart that I cannot help my brother drivers when they come here by ldsp instead of those guys callin in.

Here some higher ups took away access to all the dock workers who had access to the computer system. Some drivers that I know here use the automated dispatch and arrival system because of the supervisors changing times to make them look good.

There is a simple passage in the ups freight hand book that simply states the rquirements of all employees and thier conduct, if your supervisor likes to yell at you in front of your peers then yell back at him. this conduct id not tolerated by UPS. If you do not get the satisfaction from your superior, then put it on paper and grieve it, UPS will only tolerate workplace violance for so long.

Thats a crock of crap dude. They take care of their own. Try calling HR with that. When you call back with your answer after you give them your call back number they have a standard answer,"we have investigated this matter and have addressed it and if this continues in the past contact your TM to discuss it." They have been called regarding TM's using the "N" word regarding a certain race. Reports of supervisors kidding or not saying they should bring a weapon and use it on everybody.Bottom line peeps is that they take care of their own period.