XPO | Video used by Con-way Freight to introduce Colin Braun 2009

:hide: Whoopdedoo!!!! Every time he starts that gas guzzling, eco-unfriendly engine, it brings to mind that at one point in my career at Con-Way, I had a real PROMISED pension. The $$$$ we spend on that pathetic truck would more than pay the pensions PROMISED to us!
I really can't understand how our company can be part of the big Green initiative, and spend millions for the support of a Nascar truck that does nothing more than waste gas.
Talking out of both sides of your mouth...Green....Nascar...?????:smilie_132:

I wonder if this folly for NASCAR's fame and glory is Stotler's baby. Anybody remember how big that first Conway Now was? Or better yet, how big that Conway Now was suppose to be? Yup, the one that we sold off for pennies on the dollar. That was Stotler's baby too.

This whole NASCAR thing is great. It always gives us something to focus on and to talk about.

I wonder if this folly for NASCAR's fame and glory is Stotler's baby. Anybody remember how big that first Conway Now was? Or better yet, how big that Conway Now was suppose to be? Yup, the one that we sold off for pennies on the dollar. That was Stotler's baby too.

This whole NASCAR thing is great. It always gives us something to focus on and to talk about.

:hide: Lets talk Nascar: left turn, left turn, left turn, left turn, Pension, Pension, Pension, Pension, what is the matter with me? The big shots claim a 140% return on investment for the Nascar truck, and a 75% reduction of the pension we were PROMISED!:smilie_132:

While I am NO supporter of the CNW sponsership
endevor , I have yet to find or seen anyone
provide a link or documentation of the actual
cost(s) regarding this issue .

Admittedly I may have missed it . If so , maybe
someone will post that .

If no one knows this info . It would appear that
all of the realated topics and threads regarding
this are based on , emotions , feelings , or
speculation , and of little or no value .

Just4Thought

You're fighting a losing battle boys. They love the "truck". It will probably be here long, long, after they find a way to get rid of all of us. At some point, you just have to accept that it is what it is, and press onward......

It would appear that all of the related topics and threads regarding this are based on , emotions , feelings , or

Just4Thought

And so is the notion...

Moving on...

"Five years ago a Truck Series team could run a full season for $1 million, but it now takes three times that -- plus factory support -- to run the season."

AND...

". . . It's just hard, economic times. A lot of the team owners are owners in the Truck Series because they feel like they can afford that. They can't manage or step up to the plate for a $20 million Cup deal, but they can run a $2 million truck operation with 15 employees. But you've still got to have the sponsorship to do that."

Quotes from this article...

Racing news - newsjournalonline.com

Rat :popcorn:

And so is the notion...

Moving on...

"Five years ago a Truck Series team could run a full season for $1 million, but it now takes three times that -- plus factory support -- to run the season."

AND...

". . . It's just hard, economic times. A lot of the team owners are owners in the Truck Series because they feel like they can afford that. They can't manage or step up to the plate for a $20 million Cup deal, but they can run a $2 million truck operation with 15 employees. But you've still got to have the sponsorship to do that."

Quotes from this article...

Racing news - newsjournalonline.com

Rat :popcorn:

So , where is the link or documentation of WHAT
CNW,s ACTUAL costs are ?

Surely , I am not to believe CNW ALONE supports
the TOTAL cost of the #6 .

Just4Thought

So , where is the link or documentation of WHAT
CNW,s ACTUAL costs are ?

Surely , I am not to believe CNW ALONE supports
the TOTAL cost of the #6 .

Just4Thought

Probably not. But I'll bet they shoulder the lion's share of it!

That big blue logo on the truck doesn't come cheap!

The total investment is probably known to only a select few!

Rat :loser:

140%

While I am NO supporter of the CNW sponsership
endevor , I have yet to find or seen anyone
provide a link or documentation of the actual
cost(s) regarding this issue .

Admittedly I may have missed it . If so , maybe
someone will post that .

If no one knows this info . It would appear that
all of the realated topics and threads regarding
this are based on , emotions , feelings , or

Just4Thought

you need a link? go to your employee portal and watch the next to the last video,that came out i think around december.
the video claimed that the race truck provided 140% return on investment. the same video claimed that a majority of that 140% was earned by extra shipments.
now we all know how honest the extra shipment program is :biglaugh:

so there is your link and your proof. there is no way possible that the race truck is making 140% return on investment. those numbers are as twisted as the numbers used for our ICP.
that being said, i dont care that we have a race truck, and i dont care we got screwed on the ICP deal, im just glad to have a job anywhere right now. It would be alot better if they just told the truth, we are gonna have a truck and you are not gonna get an ICP check. just be honest with us.
on a side related note.... about honesty.... did ya hear how they are removing the core values signs? taking down the sign about "integrity" . isnt "honesty" part of "integrity" ? think maybe they have a guilty conscious and trying to sleep better at night?

we just don't give the money to the racing team. We get something out of this also. Instead of complaining about what "the company" is or isn't doing with the truck, as a Driver Sales Representative what are you doing with this sales tool. We have a boat-load of dates to show the truck to our customers and families. You should be having a discussion with your terminal staff as to what you can do to get the truck to your location to interact with family and customers. How about an open house with the truck as a backdrop? The handlers that haul and display the truck have tons of stories that racing fans and kids would enjoy for hours.

Our recently announced new management style invites discussion involving everyone and the fundamentals of our day-to-day operations. Get involved and get the truck to your terminal this racing season.

we just don't give the money to the racing team. We get something out of this also. Instead of complaining about what "the company" is or isn't doing with the truck, as a Driver Sales Representative what are you doing with this sales tool. We have a boat-load of dates to show the truck to our customers and families. You should be having a discussion with your terminal staff as to what you can do to get the truck to your location to interact with family and customers. How about an open house with the truck as a backdrop? The handlers that haul and display the truck have tons of stories that racing fans and kids would enjoy for hours.

Our recently announced new management style invites discussion involving everyone and the fundamentals of our day-to-day operations. Get involved and get the truck to your terminal this racing season.

Don't choke on the Kool-Aid!!!

Don't choke on the Kool-Aid!!!

no kool-aid here partner...

apparently I must be "one of them" just because I don't fall in line with those complaining about the company?

so who are the real kool-aid drinkers here? you may want to seek medical attention for that C.L.S.

It's easier to just show up and gripe everyday about how the company is destroying their lives and ***** about anything that is negative because it allows them to say "I told you so"...the alternative, of course, would be to take personal responsibility for making something good happen...that does involve risk, and for some, entirely too much pressure..And I am not going to be interested in stories about how you have been that responsible person all these years, because that just makes you part of a very large group of special people...I am talking about today, during these times of economic despair (that I know you would prefer to think was dreamed up by Con-way management just to oppress you) when there are still a great many who continue to be that responsible person....those are the people I am hanging my hat with now, because if there is going to be "the other side" of this mess we are in as a country, I want to be standing next to them when we get there, just to say thanks...and that has nothing to do with "kool-Aid" (which I always hated, even as a kid)...It's the committment I made when I was asking for a job and needed one way back when..

It's easier to just show up and gripe everyday about how the company is destroying their lives and ***** about anything that is negative because it allows them to say "I told you so"...the alternative, of course, would be to take personal responsibility for making something good happen...that does involve risk, and for some, entirely too much pressure..And I am not going to be interested in stories about how you have been that responsible person all these years, because that just makes you part of a very large group of special people...I am talking about today, during these times of economic despair (that I know you would prefer to think was dreamed up by Con-way management just to oppress you) when there are still a great many who continue to be that responsible person....those are the people I am hanging my hat with now, because if there is going to be "the other side" of this mess we are in as a country, I want to be standing next to them when we get there, just to say thanks...and that has nothing to do with "kool-Aid" (which I always hated, even as a kid)...It's the committment I made when I was asking for a job and needed one way back when..

I made commitments too when hired. And I followed through with my commitments in such a way that I would call "In good faith".

But I don't want to be a special person.

Very well said.

My 2 cents.

There will always be negative people on these message boards, it's so much easier to join in and complain, point fingers and whine than it is to forge a positive path. The negatives seem to always outweigh the positives in here, the moment you speak positive you are stereotyped kool-aid drinker.

Why the total disgruntled worker don't leave is beyond me. I have a few ideas why but it just makes more sense to be a part of the solution than apart of the problem.

Reminds me of the saying, "You can do a million good things and it never get's noticed, once you do a bad thing the whole world knows."
Well here is the whole world and here are most of the bad things being documented.

In todays time, it is what it is right now and it's all up to us, in our own individual ways to make that change. Big steps, small steps, incremental steps, it all adds up. Teamwork makes leaps and bounds or you can sit back and wait for the world to change.
Personally I choose to forge a positive path and have no problem poking around in the negative stuff. I guess I would be called a "Bi"

Here is a video that inspires me every time I watch it.
I know it was used for the Obama campaign but the lyrics speaks a million positive words.
You can put those words into your own personal situation and forge a positive path to change. Pay it forward do good things and you will all feel good about everything.

My American Prayer
[YT]R1QpTMdzGLQ[/YT]

I got my Colin Braun flamesuit on.:flame:
I also don't drink kool-aid, never did and left the company on my own terms. 100% best thing I ever did. I am happy. I was also Happy at Con-way. I am just following my own path.

Now That's kool aid!

Yup, Quite the inspirational video using emotional images, strong historical figures, professional actors, and powerful music. All designed to secure your vote with out one iota of reasoning.

Let's go to the mountain top!

Now That's kool aid!

Yup, Quite the inspirational video using emotional images, strong historical figures, professional actors, and powerful music. All designed to secure your vote with out one iota of reasoning.

Let's go to the mountain top!

Darn it! It works, just listen to the words.

I wish they had that video without Obama but it's such a good video, made for him and quite useful in ones own life.

I liked that mountain top part.
If you are a leader you will get there and see, if you are a follower you will stay behind and wonder and possibly miss out. (My own interpretation)

I have to get in the shower now and sing this song while I cry, I have to get out of my house and forge some new paths. (in the snow)

Seriously it works for me.

Coming to a Race Track Near You

Here's the link to the racing schedule for the trucks.

NASCAR.COM - 2009 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Schedule, Results & Tickets

Looking back to last season we could have done a better job at utilizing all of the dates our company had to show the truck. So, check the schedule and find a date and race near you. Ask your SCM and Account Manager to follow up on getting the truck to your terminal. Involve your customers and your families.

Maybe BB can shed some light as to who's-who within the company to get more info on our company's "perks" in this racing partnership.

Here's the link to the racing schedule for the trucks.

NASCAR.COM - 2009 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Schedule, Results & Tickets

Looking back to last season we could have done a better job at utilizing all of the dates our company had to show the truck. So, check the schedule and find a date and race near you. Ask your SCM and Account Manager to follow up on getting the truck to your terminal. Involve your customers and your families.

Maybe BB can shed some light as to who's-who within the company to get more info on our company's "perks" in this racing partnership.

When we had this " SHOW " at our SC it was VERY
impressive to the uninformed and VERY much the
joke or embaressment to those that knew anything
about racing or NASCAR .

The " sub-contractor " that did this " EVENT "
was lets say , " less than what one would expect
as knowledgable " , regarding the above , or muchless CNW .

Just4Thought