XPO | Video used by Con-way Freight to introduce Colin Braun 2009

When we had this " SHOW " at our SC it was VERY
impressive to the uninformed and VERY much the
joke or embaressment to those that knew anything
about racing or NASCAR .

The " sub-contractor " that did this " EVENT "
was lets say , " less than what one would expect
as knowledgable " , regarding the above , or muchless CNW .

Just4Thought

just the opposite at XCW last year. While there were zero customers that stopped by (none really knew we had the truck that day), the handler of the truck had many years with Roush Racing and had endless stories of the specific truck at our barn and who had driven it in what race in what year. Every aspect of the mechanics he knew and offered answers to every questions.

There are two teams that travel with two different show trucks, both teams live in Mooresville, NC (for you non-racing fans, that would be the aorta of stock car racing), and I spent a good deal of time with both last season talking racing...both teams have been involved in racing in one capacity or another for the past 15 years, both are very knowledgeable, and shared alot of great insight...
If you got somebody other than either of these teams I would be surprised, but anything is possible...
I hosted an event last year that brought out 250 customers and guests, and we spent 2 other days taking the truck to customer's businesses and that went even better, especially in the large industrial parks...I guess you get out of it what you put into it...
We are on the schedule again this year, and we wil make the most of it...again...

Here's the link to the racing schedule for the trucks.

NASCAR.COM - 2009 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Schedule, Results & Tickets

Looking back to last season we could have done a better job at utilizing all of the dates our company had to show the truck. So, check the schedule and find a date and race near you. Ask your SCM and Account Manager to follow up on getting the truck to your terminal. Involve your customers and your families.

Maybe BB can shed some light as to who's-who within the company to get more info on our company's "perks" in this racing partnership.

I will PM you with the gentleman's name since we cannot divulge first and last here on the boards..

negative perception should never be confused with constructive criticism . just because we don't wear Conway underwear,does not mean that we hate our job and think only negative things. some of us are wired to seek perfection and make things the best that they can be. facts are facts, call them negative all you want, they are still facts. the race truck is said to return 140% on investment,and the majority of that is based on "extra shipments". anyone that deals with p&d here knows exactly how many of the shipments that are supposed to be extra are bogus. look at the list of extra shipments at your barn. look a the top dsr,chances are that he or she has 20 times or higher than the average amount of extra shipments. if you are a dsr and you have a daily check at a customer, that is NOT and extra shipment. if your customer calls 1 in ,then adds another before you get there without calling it in,that is NOT an extra shipment. That is a practice that is totally dishonest and should be grounds for termination. everyone here from the ceo down to the csr's knows thats true. so i feel bad about being part of a total scam,and i voice my 2 cents about it and it makes a negative employee?
i dont want to reveal my name,but trust me, i do very very well in the area of the "sales rep" part of my job. i just can't see any of my customers wanting to give me freight because the race truck is going to be visiting my terminal and i invite them. you must remember a few things about sales and arrogance. customers are looking for good service and the best price they can get, period. not all customers are nascar fans, in fact, a lot of our customers look down on us for wasting that much of their money on the race truck. we are in dire straits in this economy,and its very arrogant to rub a race truck in the face of a customer that is struggling to make it through this economic mess.
i am not totally negative, i love my job and i am very thankful for it, but that does not mean we should not strive to do better and be HONEST.