Vintage Sears Generator Model 580321811

10% ethanol is the normal amount in gasoline. Stabil markets several products that helps stop the corrosion of ethanol fuels. As long as the small engines are being used & fuel doesn't stay in the tank over a long period of time 10% can be used if additives are used. When a machine is to be stored you should run the ethanol fuel out & use an additive made for long term storage.
The best policy is to not use ethanol if you can avoid it. The few pennies per gallon extra is a good investment. Most outdoor supply stores sell small engine fuel. It is pricey but would be excellent for short term use at the end of the season.
I use no additives in my gas. The BP store close to my house has the regular, mid grade, and premium, unleaded with ethanol. But, they have a super premium without ethanol. My generator and my mower get the latter fuel. My generator has not been started since Hurricane Florence in 2018, and I will bet the ranch, that it will start within 8 seconds, and that's counting pulling the choke.

I too, have had fuel lines last 25+ yrs in the Sears, which are (Poulan) saws and weed eaters, before the ethanol days.
I use non ethanol and Stabil in everything, except my zero, I never leave fuel in anything for an extended period.
The Kawasaki has a single rubber line and has never been a problem, it holds 11 gals and too much problem to drain in the winter.
I find the clear colored fuel lines seem to hold up better than the yellow ones.
Here on the coast, most outboards are Yamaha, locals have found out, if they stay away from ethanol, they have less problems, in both 2 and 4 strokes.

I too, have had fuel lines last 25+ yrs in the Sears, which are (Poulan) saws and weed eaters, before the ethanol days.
I use non ethanol and Stabil in everything, except my zero, I never leave fuel in anything for an extended period.
The Kawasaki has a single rubber line and has never been a problem, it holds 11 gals and too much problem to drain in the winter.
I find the clear colored fuel lines seem to hold up better than the yellow ones.
Here on the coast, most outboards are Yamaha, locals have found out, if they stay away from ethanol, they have less problems, in both 2 and 4 strokes.
My neighbor builds high performance inboard boat engines. He warn people against using additives to the gas. He has seen the results of such additives to fuel lines, filters, gaskets, seals, and performance at startup. As I stated before, nothing but super premium ethanol free for my generator, plus, after grass cutting season is done, the mower gets a gallon run through it. Also, half a tank run thru your vehicle once a month doesn't hurt either.

My neighbor builds high performance inboard boat engines. He warn people against using additives to the gas. He has seen the results of such additives to fuel lines, filters, gaskets, seals, and performance at startup. As I stated before, nothing but super premium ethanol free for my generator, plus, after grass cutting season is done, the mower gets a gallon run through it. Also, half a tank run thru your vehicle once a month doesn't hurt either.

I have a friend who has a boat/marine repair business. He said ethanol has been a gift to him. He is constantly replacing fuel systems & scored cylinders on customer's boats who try to save a few cents on fuel. He said if everybody used non ethanol fuel he might actually get caught up at his shop.

I have a friend who has a boat/marine repair business. He said ethanol has been a gift to him. He is constantly replacing fuel systems & scored cylinders on customer's boats who try to save a few cents on fuel. He said if everybody used non ethanol fuel he might actually get caught up at his shop.
Very true.

Mount it on a yrc tractor. Maybe break 60mph...... Weight may be a factor.
Not. A bad find. Can't argue "free".
My son found a pretty nice SELF PROPELLED cub cadet mower the other day.
Needed a wheel bearing and a carb cleaning and runs and cuts like a new mower.
Can't beat "FREE!"
Before we had ac i wanted to put a generator on the tractor and plywood the back window with a 5000 ac in it