ODFL | Wage and Benefit Meeting

20% Raise based on 31:50 will be over six dollars per hour. That won’t happen
Cmon . Really it’s only about a 10% raise I think they can handle a three dollar raise
Okay re read my post, I said on a 50 hour week.
Here you go.
31.5 on 50 is 1575.
34.5 on 50 with OT after 40 1897.50

=322.50

322.50 divided by 1575.00 is .204 or 20.4% raise.
Now let’s check our math 1575.00 times .204 is 321.30 I left off a few numbers past .204 so it is not exact.

Ain’t gonna happen Buckwheat.

Cmon . Really it’s only about a 10% raise I think they can handle a three dollar
Okay re read my post, I said on a 50 hour week.
Here you go.
31.5 on 50 is 1575.
34.5 on 50 with OT after 40 1897.50

=322.50

322.50 divided by 1575.00 is .204 or 20.4% raise.
Now let’s check our math 1575.00 times .204 is 321.30 I left off a few numbers past .204 so it is not exact.

Ain’t gonna happen Buckwheat.
Hey my friend I’m the one telling you it ain’t gonna happen we’re not getting no more than maybe a 5% raise at that and buckwheat something from the south in case you’re interested

Cmon . Really it’s only about a 10% raise I think they can handle a three dollar
Hey my friend I’m the one telling you it ain’t gonna happen we’re not getting no more than maybe a 5% raise at that and buckwheat something from the south in case you’re interested
You did say they can handle a $3 an hour raise, and said it is only 10% and now you say 5% . Make up your mind.

Thought - maybe Estes, Old Dominion etc want to keep the city lower than linehaul as an incentive for linehaul drivers with the yearly changing of nights, days, weekends, cut times that come with running the road? At the end of the day, city work is mostly mon-fri daytime work, no lay downs, no night winter runs, no pups, sleep in your bed every night

Thought - maybe Estes, Old Dominion etc want to keep the city lower than linehaul as an incentive for linehaul drivers with the yearly changing of nights, days, weekends, cut times that come with running the road? At the end of the day, city work is mostly mon-fri daytime work, no lay downs, no night winter runs, no pups, sleep in your bed every night
Yes they do and as a l/h driver in the Northeast I wish they would increase the drop in hookspay its gets very cold when you’re doing 5 or 6 hooks at night as a shuttle driver not to mention the snow and rain but who drives in the snow right?

I remember when TNT , USF Freight, Holland would crush the numbers and had low OR. Someone bought them and thought they could make them more money.

Fast forward 16 years later and see how that worked out.

There is a lot of cash out there and need for logistics, what better way to get employees and the equipment and facilities to move freight, just write the check.

What happens if you get big raise and economy goes south, which it will. Will you be happy when they take 2.50 of that 3 dollar back?
You need to keep your salary secret.
A friend was called into the office many years ago and told what a fine job he had been doing, we need more like you.
We're giving you a .10 raise, but remember, our salaries are secret.
He said, don't you worry about that, I'm as damned ashamed of that as you are.
He was fired the next day.

You need to keep your salary secret.
A friend was called into the office many years ago and told what a fine job he had been doing, we need more like you.
We're giving you a .10 raise, but remember, our salaries are secret.
He said, don't you worry about that, I'm as damned ashamed of that as you are.
He was fired the next day.
What does my post have to do with your response?

And linehauls no labor no tight accounts no driving down snow covered backroads no lift gate deliveries in the extreme heat or frigid cold ect ect can argue it either way all day but end of the day all deserve the same money

And what could we call those people?
After losing all those perks you mention, we sure can't call em Truckdrivers.

If it all paid the same, there wouldn’t be any linehaul drivers.
Nah linehaul would still have plenty of drivers look at all the mega carriers don’t pay anything they get people to do what linehaulers do it’s about avoiding what city drivers actually have to deal with

all city drivers can run linehaul not true the other way around

Our city guys take a road run on Saturday during day and think that is what it is. Now do nights year after year and go in and out of 3 terminals a night to boot.

Worst thing about city after residential delivery was figuring out where to eat lunch.
If I may add the only reason I do linehaul for the last many years is because I don’t want to work six days a week to make what I make in five it’s a simple as that my friend

I ran p&d for years. I’m linehaul for the bread only. City was always easier in my opinion.
You know what they say about opinions?
I've never done city, but I would think the city would be much harder. JMO