ODFL | Wage and Benefit Meeting

Thought - maybe Estes, Old Dominion etc want to keep the city lower than linehaul as an incentive for linehaul drivers with the yearly changing of nights, days, weekends, cut times that come with running the road? At the end of the day, city work is mostly mon-fri daytime work, no lay downs, no night winter runs, no pups, sleep in your bed every night
At my yard linehaul never runs on snow days and city is always working..

Why don't you guys run in the snow?
Only one opinion my friend but here it is there’s too much risk and not enough reward to run in the snow it seems like anything goes wrong you lose your ability to make a living ,with all sue happy lawyers Sometimes it’s better to wait it out to the next day keep on going on.don’t forget this is a marathon to the end not a sprint However you’re always been Cowboys I see it every night

And linehauls no labor no tight accounts no driving down snow covered backroads no lift gate deliveries in the extreme heat or frigid cold ect ect can argue it either way all day but end of the day all deserve the same money
Really, a typical answer from a city boy. Most of us are working longer hours, sacrificing time with our family, trying to sleep during the day and usually working Saturday and sometimes Sunday. Get your story straight.

If I may add the only reason I do linehaul for the last many years is because I don’t want to work six days a week to make what I make in five it’s a simple as that my friend
Same, just for the bread. They cut our pay or raise theirs to match, I’m going back to working days and have more of a normal life. Night shifts suck. Without monetary incentive I’ll be a city cry baby again in a heartbeat.

Really, a typical answer from a city boy. Most of us are working longer hours, sacrificing time with our family, trying to sleep during the day and usually working Saturday and sometimes Sunday. Get your story straight.
It’s hard to see what sucks about linehaul when they don’t do it for more than a day here or there with an extra day run. Anyone who has done linehaul work and has p&d experience only does it for money. Days are way easier on the natural body clock and bumping different docks all day is way better on your body than sitting for a whole night bouncing in a freight truck. Lift gate deliveries are what they are, dock work is what it is, residential deliveries suck and big city traffic sucks.

Boo hoo. Punch out at 5 so you can go watch your kid’s baseball game. Drink beer with the neighbors on a Friday night. Sleep next to wife all week. Then come to work and cry about not making as much as a guy who sacrifices all that weekly. It is hard to see that though I guess.

It’s hard to see what sucks about linehaul when they don’t do it for more than a day here or there with an extra day run. Anyone who has done linehaul work and has p&d experience only does it for money. Days are way easier on the natural body clock and bumping different docks all day is way better on your body than sitting for a whole night bouncing in a freight truck. Lift gate deliveries are what they are, dock work is what it is, residential deliveries suck and big city traffic sucks.

Boo hoo. Punch out at 5 so you can go watch your kid’s baseball game. Drink beer with the neighbors on a Friday night. Sleep next to wife all week. Then come to work and cry about not making as much as a guy who sacrifices all that weekly. It is hard to see that though I guess.
And once you know your route like the back of your hand? Piece of cake. You know what time they open and close. You know what streets you can be on or not. You know what shipper is near the other to pick something up on the way to deliver to the other place. Liftgate? Too heavy? Bring it back. The whole day knowing in the end you will be in bed with wife and home with kids at night. I know city drivers that save pto just for snow days exclusively. I know city drivers that are done around the same time every day. Easy peasy and live a normal schedule. I see city drivers everyday that go hook up and bs with other guys and on their phone on the clock.

Cry me a river those aren’t sacrifices that was a decision made to have easy work and more money over more family time and most linehaulers like working nights anyways wether they were here or doing something else they’d most likely be night owls and to act like city guys who come in mid to late morning and can’t get off til evening don’t miss out on stuff either is def wrong all work for the same place as drivers not reason to not be treated equally

Why ?
Cry me a river those aren’t sacrifices that was a decision made to have easy work and more money over more family time and most linehaulers like working nights anyways wether they were here or doing something else they’d most likely be night owls and to act like city guys who come in mid to late morning and can’t get off til evening don’t miss out on stuff either is def wrong all work for the same place as drivers not reason to not be treated equally
my friends let’s just agree don’t matter which side of the coin you’re on there’s a lot of hardship and sacrifice in this job we do the best we can !

I regret to inform yall, Billy is on bereavement currently. His goat Petunia passed away Monday, they had 13 years together and made a fleet full of mowers together. RIP Petunia, prayers Billy.
I'm glad it was you who broke ranks and not me.
I've been biting my tongue to not reply.
I heard Billy's favorite operator just got the mowing contract at the Do Drop Inn.
Says he can do the job on his regular stop.
Sounds like a win, win for all concerned.

Ok, good luck you talking about OD they could care less about what you think, OD is a place where they do t pay you OT till after 60 and if you even get close as 55 hrs they make sure they send your ass home. So if you guys get 3% you would either take it or get another gig. That simple.
Yep now it’s all about keeping the investor happy,we r now just a number