Wage Reduction

The two contract offers that I did receive where always followed by, "that's my final and best offer take it or leave it". You know that this is true - or where you hired after the last contract was accepted?

Why do you continue to point out whether or not I work at NEMF at this time? How does that affect logic? Does someone lose the ability to discuss the USA if you are living abroad, do you lose the freedom to argue the quality of an automobile manufacturer that you no longer own? I think not.

I know the situation. I am passionate about it and I have your interests in mind. You shouldn't fall into the blame game and point fingers at me.

Besides, I can't be that bad - I also have a Boston Terrier! ;)

He's right every contract has been take or leave it. I been here 16 years and it always been this way. If you can't live within your mean that not my problem i can and do. We went 2 years with out a raise and then we started paying our insurance at the same time so instead of 3 percent we acutally got about 1 percent and then i have not heard anyone mention that we lost 50 cent per hour when we went to the iam pension so when it was all said and done we lost 30 cent an hour in our last raise. You vote want you want but quit making it my fault you can live on want you make and that 95 percent is better than 0. Let look at the npme quys they got it right.

Boston Terrier yes, but do you have chickens?
Those past contracts he did honor, but I am saying this one wasn't offered to you. That's all, nothing more. That would be like me going on the YRC board and saying why are they doing this to us, there is no us, if I don't work there. Not saying your all bad, I believe there is good and bad in everyone, hopefully more good than bad.

My biggest problem is the "insult to injury" line in the proposal. The line that says that the company agrees that if this and if that happens, they will sit down and perhaps re-negotiate the concession! HA!

This is a first proposal and "rule of thumb", one never takes the first offer. Is 5% needed? What would 2% do? Would that help? Sure! If we vote "NO", MS would be beside himself, but the company would certainly come back with a more favorable offer. Every contract that we have ever had, passed on the second or third time around. Never have we ever ratified a contract on the first "last and final" proposal. My suggestion would be to Vote "No" and wait for a second proposal, at least!

Don't let them divide us, brothers!

There is no 2nd offer,there wont be a 2nd offer.I was at the meeting and they wanted alot more than just 5%,they came in asking for everything under the sun.It sucks but my vote is yes for the 5% cut in pay.

i wonder how happy you will be when upon ratification, you start to see management getting the raises they've been kept from, more equipment being purchaced, new terminals popping up out west, and more of the same wasteful spending we see everyday. Then, it hits you, "Darn! That was our money that funded all of this".

You should have no problem finding another job in case NEMF does close with your willingness to work for free.

i wonder how happy you will be when upon ratification, you start to see management getting the raises they've been kept from, more equipment being purchaced, new terminals popping up out west, and more of the same wasteful spending we see everyday. Then, it hits you, "Darn! That was our money that funded all of this".

You should have no problem finding another job in case NEMF does close with your willingness to work for free.

Maybe I will get my shirts and previously owed jacket if we take a 5% cut. Do it, I want my ::shit::. He will be back for more concessions. He did it at EFW in 2001 reducing pay just about in half. New Century Transport Drivers have just learned yesterday that they are getting a 5% pay cut. Work harder, make less is the new motto for the times.

Why not ask for a pay cut, they had u duped for years that u were getting competitive wages and a b s pension and that was good enough. So why not ask for 5%....the'll get it,but there are ways of getting it back.

like its not happening, cmon..i see every company doing it that took a cut, yrc,new penn
conway..etc....these people gotta eat..and they will

one thing that bothers me with the giveback..i know he's jumping on the band wagon like all the other companies but there are so many other ways to save money..i see he ahs installed fluorescent lights inall the terminals but why stop there why is it that no terminal has any kind os sloar panels..they all sit in the sun with no trees around..no electric bills...why do we buy heating oil for the winter...why not use a waste oil furnace...trucks take gallons not quarts..do on oil change and put the oil in a tank and not have to pay somebody to come pick up the waste oil...i remember a sign at my barn asking people if they were interested in recieving their pay stubs on their computer...what ever happened to that?...i have all these stubs taking up room...it's alot cheaper to send an email then print stuff out... there are countless ways to save and be more efficent in this company at all the terminals, but the higher ups know more than we do...were only drivers

one thing that bothers me with the giveback..i know he's jumping on the band wagon like all the other companies but there are so many other ways to save money..i see he ahs installed fluorescent lights inall the terminals but why stop there why is it that no terminal has any kind os sloar panels..they all sit in the sun with no trees around..no electric bills...why do we buy heating oil for the winter...why not use a waste oil furnace...trucks take gallons not quarts..do on oil change and put the oil in a tank and not have to pay somebody to come pick up the waste oil...i remember a sign at my barn asking people if they were interested in recieving their pay stubs on their computer...what ever happened to that?...i have all these stubs taking up room...it's alot cheaper to send an email then print stuff out... there are countless ways to save and be more efficent in this company at all the terminals, but the higher ups know more than we do...were only drivers

These are all great ideas, and should be presented to management. The problem is the people that are in management are not economy experts. They would look to move freight cheaper as their way to economize. Keep the ideas coming.

There is always a seconf offer. Sure, they asked for everything under the sun, we want it all, I think that anyone in a negotiation starts that way, we want everything!

Now, we know we are not going to get everything, so, the IAM? says, lets be serious, and along comes a 5% wage cut, JUST like most other companies got. Some got more, some got less, some competitiors gave raises.

The economy is starting to recover, we have to get this before it does, SO, MS goes out visiting, he WANTS this really bad, so he's visiting.

Tough call, I dont believe it's a need, i think its a want, and its a place to start negotiating. The IAM did their job, they sat down and talked, now the membership can either take it (upp the rear) or they can say, hey, wait a minute, your already the "leader in LTL", more financial strenght than any other LTL company, "financially stable" and able to weather the storm anf downturn in the economy, because the employees here already "gave" for 18 months, remember?

Think its going in the tank when all these new contracts are being signed? I dont.

Lets go back to the table and talk again, lets do something that doesnt involve taking away from the employee, this could hurt alot of families that are already struggling, lets talk about it again.

There is always a seconf offer. Sure, they asked for everything under the sun, we want it all, I think that anyone in a negotiation starts that way, we want everything!

Now, we know we are not going to get everything, so, the IAM? says, lets be serious, and along comes a 5% wage cut, JUST like most other companies got. Some got more, some got less, some competitiors gave raises.

The economy is starting to recover, we have to get this before it does, SO, MS goes out visiting, he WANTS this really bad, so he's visiting.

Tough call, I dont believe it's a need, i think its a want, and its a place to start negotiating. The IAM did their job, they sat down and talked, now the membership can either take it (upp the rear) or they can say, hey, wait a minute, your already the "leader in LTL", more financial strenght than any other LTL company, "financially stable" and able to weather the storm anf downturn in the economy, because the employees here already "gave" for 18 months, remember?

Think its going in the tank when all these new contracts are being signed? I dont.

Lets go back to the table and talk again, lets do something that doesnt involve taking away from the employee, this could hurt alot of families that are already struggling, lets talk about it again.

I think it's funny that the union reps are bragging about the job they did talking the company down to 5% - the same 5% cut that they gave Eastern Freightways (a completely non-union company)!

Well why are they hiring new drivers .I really don't get it please explain that to me cause that's not right I may lose my job but y'all hiring new drivers.......

Well why are they hiring new drivers .I really don't get it please explain that to me cause that's not right I may lose my job but y'all hiring new drivers.......

Welcome to TB - you, of course, make a logical point! Terminals will not be closed he is BLUFFING. Keep those posts coming.

i would hate to see any terminals closing..we should and need to be bigger since i have heard he has bought property awile ago when it was cheap....

Ok, now i see how the shrewd ms played his game he asked for 10% didnt he...
Of course none of the b a's wouldnt say anything...and they negotiated into his 5 % trap.......good job ms.ur a genius........

http://www.truckingboards.com/trucking/upload/81445-post44.html

Part of a link about the mob trial that led to the machinists affiliation with NEMF.

As I recall Myron S. had another company that was organized into the Machinists Union (Apex).

After the NJ Rico trial linked him to a sweetheart deal with Anthony Provenzano and the Teamster Union (paying them off to keep them from organizing his whole company). The government decided that the teamsters could not represent NEMF. He was then able to to organize everyone under the Machinists Union.....