R&L | Washing trucks and trailers

bullwagon

TB Regular
Credits
Is it just my terminal that only washes the equipment about once a year, or is this a companywide thing? I want to know if we are one of the only terminals that drive around in dirty trucks, I get dirty just by getting in my truck and then even dirtier by getting in my trailer. I have customers comment all the time about how trashy we look.

Seriously? They still wash your trucks about once a year? ours haven't seen a wash job since I don't know when. Like runnin latesaid, just every time it rains.

Trucks are nasty, just like the facilities, and the terminal manager dosen't care.

Can't wash the trucks Pop, the nozzle for the water hose is broke, and they won't fix it. (Should I take it thru the Blue Beacon?)

Even if you could get water out of the hose, the steam/pressure washer is broke.

Very embarassing the shape of the company, and the continued decline of the company, you could almost speculate that it is intentional.

My truck is clean. Just takes some effort.

I would wash my truck if they would pay me for it, but they will not let me stay on the clock any longer than necessary. There are a few line guys that will wash their trucks while they are waiting, but I do not know about you, I do not work for free. If I wash my truck I expect to be paid for it.

I would wash my truck if they would pay me for it, but they will not let me stay on the clock any longer than necessary. There are a few line guys that will wash their trucks while they are waiting, but I do not know about you, I do not work for free. If I wash my truck I expect to be paid for i
I'm linehaul, not on the clock at all. A clean truck is my preference, some units are disgusting inside. Everything is sticky and the floor is their ashtray. I don't understand how they spend all the time they do in those toilets. Some trucks are so bad the toilets are probably cleaner. 2 or 3 minutes on the inside when I when I return to the yard everyday, and a 10 min. wash for the outside once a week. Not too hard to do if you stay on top of it. The truck makes me money, so I will treat it with respect. I would expect Mr. Roberts to do the same if he was driving my truck.

Is it just my terminal that only washes the equipment about once a year, or is this a companywide thing? I want to know if we are one of the only terminals that drive around in dirty trucks, I get dirty just by getting in my truck and then even dirtier by getting in my trailer. I have customers comment all the time about how trashy we look.

We split with the other terminal in our area back in 06. For about the first year at the new terminal they had a wash truck come in once a month. Then it stopped and the trucks and trailers haven't been washed since unless mother nature does it for us. I wash my tractor and keep it as clean as I can but the trailer gets no love. My TM is a bit better about it though,he will let us city guys wash on the clock.
557449_4334948381969_367535857_n.jpg

We used to have a wash truck once a month, haven't seen them in forever..

Unlike most of the terminals in our linehaul range, we do have a wash bay. The TM does allow the city drivers to wash on the clock, however linehaul are not permitted to do so. Seeing as I already give away 15-20 hours per week unpaid, I will not be washing the truck anytime soon.

I would wash my truck if they would pay me for it, but they will not let me stay on the clock any longer than necessary. There are a few line guys that will wash their trucks while they are waiting, but I do not know about you, I do not work for free. If I wash my truck I expect to be paid for it.
Thats one of the reasons when my linehaul tractor is down for service, and I have to jump in a city tractor, I feel like pulling over at a truck stop an hour after starting my run, and taking a shower. You get paid to fuel, does this mean I dont have to fuel anymore? Same thing in my opinion. Not tryin to start anything, jus sayin.

Thats one of the reasons when my linehaul tractor is down for service, and I have to jump in a city tractor, I feel like pulling over at a truck stop an hour after starting my run, and taking a shower. You get paid to fuel, does this mean I dont have to fuel anymore? Same thing in my opinion. Not tryin to start anything, jus sayin.

we all should be gettimg paid to fuel and wash regardless of whether you are l/h or city. I brought this up to the tm and he said that it was built into each l/h runs pay.

Do you have any temps working at your terminal? If you do, I bet they are getting hrly for that l/h run. AND THATS BULL SH&t!

Temps are governed by the contract with the temp agency. They probably have a better contract than we will ever get.

I am getting tired of being told what is included in linehaul pay. Doubles vs 48/53? Included. 3-4 hours wait time? Included. 2 hour breakdown resulting in hotel stay and loss of one days pay? Included.

I am city, was line for 5 years, I get paid to fuel but my TM will not pay me to wash, I do not see how fueling and washing are related, they have nothing to do with my point. I don’t get paid to drive to work, so does that mean I should not show up? Your point is about as dumb as mine, not trying to start anything, jus sayin.
:poster_stupid:

I feel it does. Fueling and all the other stuff city guys get to do while on the clock vs linehaul, I guess I see it different. Anyways Just felt the need to pipe in, got tired of seeing the cream colored banner saying: It seems you have not post for a while....now I dont have to look at it. Everyone keep your chin up.

Temps are governed by the contract with the temp agency. They probably have a better contract than we will ever get.

I am getting tired of being told what is included in linehaul pay. Doubles vs 48/53? Included. 3-4 hours wait time? Included. 2 hour breakdown resulting in hotel stay and loss of one days pay? Included.
Why does a 2 hour breakdown result in a hotel stay and the loss of a day's pay?

I feel it does. Fueling and all the other stuff city guys get to do while on the clock vs linehaul, I guess I see it different. Anyways Just felt the need to pipe in, got tired of seeing the cream colored banner saying: It seems you have not post for a while....now I dont have to look at it. Everyone keep your chin up.

I totally get what you are saying about what the city guys and l/h guys do and do not get paid for. I ran line for 5 years; I did not set out for this to be a line against city thread. City or line people should get compensated appropriately for the extra work they perform. On line I got real tired of them saying it is all included, fueling, building sets, breaking down sets, first 2 hours break down, wait time and sometimes working trailers. That’s BS and it is not included they are just cheap. If you are line and you wash your truck (outside) you should be put on the clock, just like the city guys should stay on the clock to wash if they would like too.