TForce | We have been slammed...

Now all ups has to learn is how to go after profitable freight.....conway went after freight aggressively 2 years ago..had more freight than they could handle, hired more drivers than ever...........lost more money than ever also...its about quality not quantity

Now all ups has to learn is how to go after profitable freight.....conway went after freight aggressively 2 years ago..had more freight than they could handle, hired more drivers than ever...........lost more money than ever also...its about quality not quantity

Are you saying UPS doesn't know how to go after and get profitable freight? Now that is funnnnny!!!!

Yes pure Gold... Bottom road driver... and haven't logged under 50 hours since I started.. And if it gets slow in the winter months Ill be pulling feeder tripples and turnpike doubles up and dowm 80 - 90 again...
I can message you my business agents name and number.. And you can give him a jingle to learn more on the agreement .. And maybe he can help you local out in setting something similar up...

I can message you my business agents name and number.. And you can give him a jingle to learn more on the agreement .. And maybe he can help you local out in setting something similar up...

..I`m interested..winter months can get extremely slow...we don`t have triples in this area,but any stone left unturned is a missed opportunity for our people.....just makes good business sense...UPS didn't`t get to the top not being innovative.....

YellowToBrown, Let me see if I am hearing you right. You drive for UPS Freight. But in the winter months when it slows for UPS Freight you driver for UPS
Pulling triples. In other words they let you work in both companies. Is that what you are telling us???

I thought it was in the employee handbook that you cant work for more than one ups company at any given time... hell if you want to "transfer" within ups freight you have to quit and reapply. I've seen ytb posting this before... I just don't see how its possible. I CALL SHENANIGANS!!!

I thought it was in the employee handbook that you cant work for more than one ups company at any given time... hell if you want to "transfer" within ups freight you have to quit and reapply. I've seen ytb posting this before... I just don't see how its possible. I CALL SHENANIGANS!!!

I kinda agree with you...

YellowToBrown, Let me see if I am hearing you right. You drive for UPS Freight. But in the winter months when it slows for UPS Freight you driver for UPS
Pulling triples. In other words they let you work in both companies. Is that what you are telling us???

We have an agreement..Between feeder and freight... We work at our own pay scale... If we are busy they can help us before using contractors... And we can help them before contractors... I don't know the details but I did it last winter... Also i go to the feeder hub on a daily basis and drop and hook our freight trailers... And 2-3 years ago when we started running the tipples I reported to the feeder location to go to work for freight I didn't go to or UPSF freight barn for anything... Even my pay stubs would be at the feeder hub.... The feeder hub has a back gate entrance to enter and exit the toll road...

Call it what you will... But ask any Toledo driver and ill bet he will tell you the same...

YellowToBrown said:
We have an agreement..Between feeder and freight... We work at our own pay scale... If we are busy they can help us before using contractors... And we can help them before contractors... I don't know the details but I did it last winter... Also i go to the feeder hub on a daily basis and drop and hook our freight trailers... And 2-3 years ago when we started running the tipples I reported to the feeder location to go to work for freight I didn't go to or UPSF freight barn for anything... Even my pay stubs would be at the feeder hub.... The feeder hub has a back gate entrance to enter and exit the toll road...

Is this a local agreement? But either way I think this is a good idea to help freight drivers out in the winter when package is busy as heck.

Yes pure Gold... Bottom road driver... and haven't logged under 50 hours since I started.. And if it gets slow in the winter months Ill be pulling feeder tripples and turnpike doubles up and dowm 80 - 90 again...

I thought it was the same nation wide? We can't do this out west. Hopefully it will catch on. Glad to hear you are getting lots of work...

we have an agreement..between feeder and freight... We work at our own pay scale... If we are busy they can help us before using contractors... And we can help them before contractors... I don't know the details but i did it last winter... Also i go to the feeder hub on a daily basis and drop and hook our freight trailers... And 2-3 years ago when we started running the tipples i reported to the feeder location to go to work for freight i didn't go to or upsf freight barn for anything... Even my pay stubs would be at the feeder hub.... The feeder hub has a back gate entrance to enter and exit the toll road...

bull sh it !!!!!!!!!!!!