ABF | Weight changes on trailers after departure

woodennose

TB Lurker
Credits
Heads up. The last few weeks my trailers weights have changed from the time TP2 has printed to the time I get to destination. 2 times before I have departed the terminal my weights changed so much that I had to leave a trailer behind to remain legal. Double check each trailer on your driver packet on ELD before departure. Good luck!

At EOL terminals without a scale, no. IMO the problem is all the freight is reweighed and the changes don’t update in real time. . IE- 5 pallets billed at 4,000 pounds gets weighed and is 5,200 pounds the weight won’t immediately change in the system.
That's exactly what it is. Use to happen all the time at FedEx, because we reweigh everything. Now they have scales and computer's on forklifts and it updates immediately.

That's exactly what it is. Use to happen all the time at FedEx, because we reweigh everything. Now they have scales and computer's on forklifts and it updates immediately.
That’s what they told me. Now with the DARLA system that they are enforcing the loads are get closer to maximum weight and after they are finished being billed and reweighs are updated the trailers are over weight. We need to keep a close eye on this. If we pull trailers that are overloaded they will keep getting heavier. Management loves it. It makes their numbers look good!

That’s what they told me. Now with the DARLA system that they are enforcing the loads are get closer to maximum weight and after they are finished being billed and reweighs are updated the trailers are over weight. We need to keep a close eye on this. If we pull trailers that are overloaded they will keep getting heavier. Management loves it. It makes their numbers look good!
If you pull a overweight trailer and wreck and kill someone you will go to jail not your dispatcher.

Don't pull overweight trailers and drivers don't eat to much at the Buffet Lane and have the CAB be overweight !!!
408983827_2723932214431917_1337526503547049674_n.jpg

Don't pull overweight trailers and drivers don't eat to much at the Buffet Lane and have the CAB be overweight !!!
408983827_2723932214431917_1337526503547049674_n.jpg
I heard that the rear of his lead pup was over 20,000-lbs. and that there was a scale up ahead. So…..he used this technique to shift the weight more towards the middle of the lead pup.
And, all that backed up traffic was not because of the ABF truck in the picture. Rumor has it that there was some bastard up ahead driving 46MPH and changing lanes with no mirrors!!!